Options

Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy To Finally Be Released

vedhead011vedhead011 Posts: 300
edited October 2008 in Other Music
Just got inside info from a friend that is at some Best Buy get ready for the holidays convention in Dallas. Apparently this November Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy will be released exclusively at Best Buy. I asked if he was giving me exclusive inside info and he said "Yes sir I did, hearing samples right now, sounds great".

November. Best Buy. Chinese Democracy.
AskPearlJam: PearlJama101-guest says: Who's idea was it for Eddie to play banjo on "Soon Forget"?
Eddie: I don't know whose idea it was but it was turned down.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    no offense to your or your source but i will only believe when i see it
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Well, I can completely understand that. I don't care about GNR, but my friend knows I love music so he thought he'd let me in on it. The convention is an employee only thing to prepare them for the big holiday rush, so it all adds up. I understand your hesitatation, but he's my best friend, so he says he's hearing the new stuff and it's coming out in November in his store, Iso I personally have to believe him.
    AskPearlJam: PearlJama101-guest says: Who's idea was it for Eddie to play banjo on "Soon Forget"?
  • Options
    i could not get into the 9 song leak at all.....
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    With all due respect to Axl, it's probably better if this album never sees the light of day.

It will be a sad day when the Myth turns out to be just a man. ;)

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    I believe this 100%. We know the album has been done for a while and it's consistent with other reports from a few weeks back.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if it should be a question about whether the release date is actually SCHEDULED for November and/or whether it's a Best Buy exclusive. Both of those things sound perfectly legit.

The real question is if it will actually happen this time or if it'll just end up like the gazillion other "firm" dates that've been announced and advertised before.
    (this is what I think intoodeep meant by "no offense to your or your source but i will only believe when i see it" )
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • Options
    The real question is if it will actually happen this time or if it'll just end up like the gazillion other "firm" dates that've been announced and advertised before.

Ahh...I get it. That makes complete sense. I guess I just got excited to be able to get my first "scoop".
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    This album will NEVER...I repeat NEVER live up to the hype created around it
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    Now he's saying that it will be Thanksgiving weekend. So I'm guessing if it's a normal Tuesday release, it will be November 25. But if it decides to be a "Green Friday" (best buy jargon) release, we're looking at November 28th. He cracks me up, he said "Any traction on the Pearl Jam board?" He knows me way too well.
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    This album will NEVER...I repeat NEVER live up to the hype created around it

I don't see how it could. Anything hyped for 10 years is gonna be a letdown.
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Thanksgiving of what year ? I'll believe it when I see it.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    so are we still getting dr.peppers or what?
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • Options
    angie76angie76 Posts: 646
    hmmm...
    Dig a ditch deep enough
    To keep you clear of the sun
    You've been burned more than once
    You don't think much of trust
  • Options
    vedhead011 wrote:
    Just got inside info from a friend that is at some Best Buy get ready for the holidays convention in Dallas. Apparently this November Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy will be released exclusively at Best Buy. I asked if he was giving me exclusive inside info and he said "Yes sir I did, hearing samples right now, sounds great".

November. Best Buy. Chinese Democracy.

November ??? November what year ????
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Brain Of E wrote:

Awesome!

I forgot about the DP's.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    I predict that Slash, Axl and Duff will reunite sometime within 2 years, possibly with Izzy too.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    Brain Of E wrote:

Well I am getting pretty thirsty as well...!
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Options
    Chinese Democracy being released exclusively at Best Buy???

I can't see this being true.

Perhaps a limited edition version will be available only at Best Buy, but the idea of releasing a CD to one chain of stores exclusively makes no sense for a record label or an artist.
  • Options
    NewDamageNewDamage Posts: 1,913
    Chinese Democracy being released exclusively at Best Buy???

Perhaps a limited edition version will be available only at Best Buy, but the idea of releasing a CD to one chain of stores exclusively makes no sense for a record label or an artist.

Sure it does. When a band does this, it guarantees the purchase of so many copies. AC/DC made a deal with Wal-Mart for their next record, and the company has bought 3 million of them. So, they have those guaranteed buys, even if the album would normally tank. It was probably their (GnR & Geffen) smartest move to see any kind of money from this, considering how much has been spent over the last decade plus to make it
    I am lost, I'm no guide. But I'm by your side...

8/25/92, 10/4/96, 10/5/96, 9/1/98, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/16/08
  • Options

Wasn't there a blurb about this in Rolling Stone?

PBM

• Options
    I just asked for clarification on the exclusivity. The response was "It's Best Buy only, like the new AC/DC is exclusive to Wal-Mart"
  • Options
    I think they need to change the title of the album.

It's been in the works for a decade so the "Chinese Democracy" album title is already tired before it has even been released.
    the Minions
  • Options
    I think they need to change the title of the album.

It's been in the works for a decade so the "Chinese Democracy" album title is already tired before it has even been released.

Remember when The Offspring teased with the idea of releasing one of their albums as "Chinese Democracy"...it got Axl all worked up.

PBM

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Remember when The Offspring teased with the idea of releasing one of their albums as "Chinese Democracy"...it got Axl all worked up.

PBM

dude

where have you been?
  • Options
    Say what you want about Axl but If The World is still the best song I've heard all year.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,313
    Would anybody be disappointed if this album never got released? I mean, come on... does anybody give a shit about Axl anymore??
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,148
    azwyldcats wrote:
    I predict that Slash, Axl and Duff will reunite sometime within 2 years, possibly with Izzy too.

I think thats contingent on what thier finances are like at the time .....so yeah I agree its going to happen some time in the future ....probably just not in the next two years.
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    i can't wait for the follow-up album in 30 years time
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    I believe your source. I work for BBY and the Media Dept is in fact in Texas for the Holiday Conference.

Finally!!!

It's prolly gonna suck though. LOL!
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    i have no doubt that your source has been told this, i've been told this from record companies before too, they're passing on what they've been told....but do not underestimate how volatile this 'axl situation' is...
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones