Options

Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy To Finally Be Released

Comments

• Options
    According to my friend steve, who works at Blockbuster, who has an uncle who works for a steel yard, who works for a guy whi's related to a dude in iowa, who met Axl rose last year while on tour.....Chinese Democracy is coming out 6 months ago.

Where have you been? pfffft.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Haha like when in 2029? At this point he needs to change the name - the name has become a meme in itself.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Brain Of E wrote:
    so are we still getting dr.peppers or what?
    That's my main concern...:p
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    According to my friend steve, who works at Blockbuster, who has an uncle who works for a steel yard, who works for a guy whi's related to a dude in iowa, who met Axl rose last year while on tour.....Chinese Democracy is coming out 6 months ago.

Where have you been? pfffft.

My best friend telling me something isn't nearly as convoluted as what you described. I've been around, and I've heard of reports from outlets that proved to be unreliable over the last x amount of years. And as I've said before, I don't really care. I haven't been anticipating this nor am I looking forward to some great music. I was told something directly from someone I trust and thought other people might want to know.
    AskPearlJam: PearlJama101-guest says: Who's idea was it for Eddie to play banjo on "Soon Forget"?
    Eddie: I don't know whose idea it was but it was turned down.
  • Options
    This rumor has been floating around for awhile. Nothing new here.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • Options
    I doubt It'll be released this soon.

I actually know when it will be released...

AXL wants to release it the day China actually becomes a democracy.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Rolling Stone's fall album guide lists Chinese Democracy under "Legands of the FAll" along with new ones from Em and Jay Z.

But, it did say that there has said the record company has set aside a date and they are trying to work out a deal to release the album exclusively through Best Buy
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    I've also heard that GNR will have a song in that upcoming Body Of Lies movie.
  • Options
    This rumor has been floating around for awhile. Nothing new here.

Yeah but previous to that it has just been a rumor.

We have a bonafide source reporting from a corporate meeting where this type of thing would be announced and I expect an official announcement within a few days.

The album is DONE. I know it's hard to believe given the history of this project, but there's actually no more work or recording that needs to be done on it.

Free Dr. Peppers for everyone!
  • Options
    Yeah but previous to that it has just been a rumor.

We have a bonafide source reporting from a corporate meeting where this type of thing would be announced and I expect an official announcement within a few days.

The album is DONE. I know it's hard to believe given the history of this project, but there's actually no more work or recording that needs to be done on it.

Free Dr. Peppers for everyone!

haha, are you kidding? Some forum member's best friend is a bonafide source? You must be out of your mind.
  • Options
    haha, are you kidding? Some forum member's best friend is a bonafide source? You must be out of your mind.

Here's the thing. I worked at Best Buy for several years and can confirm that they always have a big conference a few months before the holidays to announce their plans and promotions and what not. This would be way too random to not be legit. It was already known that a major big box outlet was looking to get the exclusive so it makes sense that Best Buy outbid Wal-Mart after they scored the Eagles and AC/DC.

Unless vedhead's friend is a complete douchebag that was making something up about a band he cares nothing about then I see no reason whatsoever not to believe this. The fact that Shackler's Revenge was put in RB2 already guaranteed a release within a few months, so this is it.
  • Options
    Remember when The Offspring teased with the idea of releasing one of their albums as "Chinese Democracy"...it got Axl all worked up.

PBM

Looks like Warrior Soul took it a step further...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=104116
  • Options
    Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    I'm pretty sure I read some official news stories this year where they said he finished producing/mixing/whatever and handed the album over to the label to begin negotiations for release and what not.

I'm not gonna get too excited because it'll probably get delayed again, but as far as I know, this is the closest we've ever been to a real release. I mean there's already an officially released song (Shackler's Revenge, from Rock Band 2), something Chinese Democracy has never had before. I'm thinking this could very well be the year.
  • Options

Unless vedhead's friend is a complete douchebag that was making something up about a band he cares nothing about ...

Totally not a douchebag. And for the record, I care nothing about it, but he's been known to put some GnR on from time to time. So I think he may be a little excited. Not overly excited to the point that he is having audible hallucinations.
    AskPearlJam: PearlJama101-guest says: Who's idea was it for Eddie to play banjo on "Soon Forget"?
  • Options
    vedhead011 wrote:
    Totally not a douchebag. And for the record, I care nothing about it, but he's been known to put some GnR on from time to time. So I think he may be a little excited. Not overly excited to the point that he is having audible hallucinations.

Yeah that didn't come out exactly the way I thought it would. Basically I gathered that he wasn't the type to just make stuff up and when I said "a band 'he' cares nothing about" I was referring to you based on your previous comments. I figured that regardless of whether he liked them or not, he wouldn't just call you up with some BS info to mess with you or something if you didn't like them, thus further validating the story.
  • Options
    Yeah that didn't come out exactly the way I thought it would. Basically I gathered that he wasn't the type to just make stuff up and when I said "a band 'he' cares nothing about" I was referring to you based on your previous comments. I figured that regardless of whether he liked them or not, he wouldn't just call you up with some BS info to mess with you or something if you didn't like them, thus further validating the story.

I totally get it, and got it from the get go. I was just validating you validating me validating him, or something like that.
  • Options
    azwyldcats wrote:
    I predict that Slash, Axl and Duff will reunite sometime within 2 years, possibly with Izzy too.

Slash did seem interested in the idea when interviewed a couple of months back. After their experience w/ Scott...maybe Axl ain't all that bad!!!Uh, huh!
  • Options
    I was think about this the other day. It's just a theory I have, but I think I may have something(or not, hehe).
    I was thinking that maybe this new GnR record is never supposed to come out, and that the whole thing is just a load of crap put out there by Axl. That's why it's titled Chinese Democracy, because it's never going to happen. Maybe he's just sitting back having a good laugh at all of the people who keep discussing it, and dogging on how crazy he is. Maybe he isn't as crazy as well all think, and he's getting the last laugh.

Or not. I have alot of time to think while I'm working, and that's what I came up with, haha.
  • Options
    Del James (Axl's knob polisher) has confirmed that GNR will have a song in the Body Of Lies movies.
  • Options
    It's going to be released in a double pack with the new Duke Nukem game
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    I was think about this the other day. It's just a theory I have, but I think I may have something(or not, hehe).
    I was thinking that maybe this new GnR record is never supposed to come out, and that the whole thing is just a load of crap put out there by Axl. That's why it's titled Chinese Democracy, because it's never going to happen. Maybe he's just sitting back having a good laugh at all of the people who keep discussing it, and dogging on how crazy he is. Maybe he isn't as crazy as well all think, and he's getting the last laugh.

Or not. I have alot of time to think while I'm working, and that's what I came up with, haha.

Haha I think that's funny to think about.

I however will never be able to use the phrasing "Yeah so much for Chinese Democracy huh?' in an argument with a GnR fan. :(
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    The best buy story is legit. Somebody just leaked a cell phone recording of the three songs they played. Chinese Democracy, If The World, and TWAT are what was played. All are a bit different than the recently leaked versions. They all sound fucking killer too. Axl is the fucking man.
  • Options
    Matty Boy wrote:
    The best buy story is legit. Somebody just leaked a cell phone recording of the three songs they played. Chinese Democracy, If The World, and TWAT are what was played. All are a bit different than the recently leaked versions. They all sound fucking killer too. Axl is the fucking man.

I can't believe Chinese Democracy will be out in 2 months. That bottles my mind ;).

Terrible quality, but here is the "bootleg" recording of the Best Buy songs that were played: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3DRBVXB1

****Warning!!!*** I strongly suggest you only listen to this if you are quite familiar with the GNR leaks already. If not, please do not listen and judge based on this.

Oh, and I LOVE the new guitar and vocals on the song Chinese Democracy.
  • Options
    vedhead011 wrote:
    Just got inside info from a friend that is at some Best Buy get ready for the holidays convention in Dallas. Apparently this November Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy will be released exclusively at Best Buy. I asked if he was giving me exclusive inside info and he said "Yes sir I did, hearing samples right now, sounds great".

November. Best Buy. Chinese Democracy.

I'm gonna have to say I doubted you. I doubt no longer.

Funny, I was just saying to a friend the other day, it seems like time is just FLYING before our eyes...I can't believe how much faster each year goes by. Welp, these next 2 months are going to feel like an eternity! haha oh well, win-win i suppose.
  • Options
    Them-Bones wrote:
    It's going to be released in a double pack with the new Duke Nukem game

You know what's crazy? I just watched in game footage of Duke Nukem Forever that is very, very recent.
  • Options
    It's going to be the best rock album of the decade by a long shot. I can't wait to hear If The World when I go see Body Of Lies. It's so good to have Axl back again. The rock world hasn't been nearly as good without the craziest lead singer who has ever lived.
  • Options
    I'm gonna have to say I doubted you. I doubt no longer.

No problem, if I was in your position with your level of investment in this situation I probably would've doubted too. It's the nature of the internet, you can't believe everything you read on it. I'm glad you have a new album to look forward to, and you only have to wait 2 more months for it. After all of this I'll probably have to buy it, I have to know what a $13 million record sounds like.

So, as I've established, I'm on the outside of all this. I'd like to know what all this Dr. Pepper stuff is about.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    DP laid down the challenge.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    DP laid down the challenge.

PBM

The Piss Bottle Man is speedy if nothing else. Thanks.

Guess I'm lazy, sorry. Could've gone to google and typed "Chinese Democracy Dr. Pepper" and clicked search. Oh well. I just thought it was some inside joke between message boarders.
  • Options
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}