Pj and Led zeppelin,metalica at Bonnarro

2»

Comments

• Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Fuck Bonnaroo...

Dude, what's your problem with Bonnaroo - have you ever been?
  • Red Lukin wrote:
    Dude, what's your problem with Bonnaroo - have you ever been?

heheh its just a joke man :) But I dont even think Pearl Jam can get me to go to Tennessee
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
    Pegasus wrote:

Strange. They said the rumours are "inaccurate" - does it doesn't mean Zep won't be there...it could mean a number of things..ie that Zep will be there but Metallica won't

guess we'll see early 08'
    heheh its just a joke man :) But I dont even think Pearl Jam can get me to go to Tennessee

Just a coincidence I saw a pissy remark about Roo from you a while back..no worries, just curious what you didn't like about it.

With Roo it's more then just one headlining act anyways - it's all about the camping and latenight shows to me...not for everyone I guess, especially those who hate camping.
  • Red Lukin wrote:
    Just a coincidence I saw a pissy remark about Roo from you a while back..no worries, just curious what you didn't like about it.

With Roo it's more then just one headlining act anyways - it's all about the camping and latenight shows to me...not for everyone I guess, especially those who hate camping.

I dont hate camping but I dont think I want to fly across the country to camp on a field to see Pearl Jam with shity "festival" sound. I have standards man! ;)
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
    I dont hate camping but I dont think I want to fly across the country to camp on a field to see Pearl Jam with shity "festival" sound. I have standards man! ;)

You must not have heard the sound at the main stage at Bonnaroo. It's by far the best sounding festival stage I've ever heard. I was blown away with how good Tool sounded. I've seen Tool I think 5 or 6 times (2 at a festival), and I think Bonnaroo sounded better than any of the indoor venues.

I can't same the same about the 2nd stage though.
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,204

Do your standards include blatant ignorance?

And whoever said DMB played in 04, it was just Dave and Friends, not DMB. DMB played in 05.
  • chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    4Powers20 wrote:
    Management: METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich told Examiner.com in an October 2007 interview that the band's upcoming album will be "heavier" yet more "melodic" than 2003's controversial "St. Anger". Ulrich explained, "Whereas 'St. Anger' was an exercise in over-pummeling the listener, these new songs echo some of our stuff from the '80s — long, epic journeys through different musical landscapes, heavier, but a lot more melodic." When asked whether the new songs will be shorter, in the four-to-five minute range, Ulrich said, "Well, the most of the intros are four to five minutes. I don't know — METALLICA and short songs just don't go that well together."

am ego worthy of 'red hot chili peppers'
    so tired.
  • Red Lukin wrote:
    You must not have heard the sound at the main stage at Bonnaroo. It's by far the best sounding festival stage I've ever heard. I was blown away with how good Tool sounded. I've seen Tool I think 5 or 6 times (2 at a festival), and I think Bonnaroo sounded better than any of the indoor venues.

do you remember the thunder from 10000 days/wings for marie? god damn that was a chilling moment... what a sick show, and by the way a dvd has surfaced from that show...it's incomplete and the dvd is chaptered wrong, but the quality I hear is very good,

yah, the soundsystem at the main stage is mindblowing...and it gets better every summer
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    damm sen this will be very hard to pass up now if PJ are announced to also play, you can mark me down to be there :D but i have to have at least 1more band to seal the deal for me ,like TOOL,OR RADIOHEAD,PJ .i hope for one of these ..will you make the trip ?

NOT that I think for a second (MY OWN LITTLE OPINION) that Zeppelin will play Bonaroo.....because I still say NO WAY. In fact I think NO F*ING WAY. But....If Pearl Jam and Zeppelin were playing you would still need another band? I don't beleive you. :) Did I say NO WAY? NO WAY. I think those two would seal your deal. It would for me...But so would Zep and PJ in a radioactive swamp...and that's not going to happen either.
  • AndySlash wrote:

And whoever said DMB played in 04, it was just Dave and Friends, not DMB. DMB played in 05.

Isn't it the same crap either way...

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Red Lukin wrote:

It's still a stage on a field though right?
  • AndySlash wrote:

Yes yes I am completely ignorant :)
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    will wait till line up is announced but the more i think about it the more i fade away from the idea of attending this festival ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Isn't it the same crap either way...

yeah... really... he came off sounding like a treky.

No way man... the clingons took a dump on kirks head in season three not two. They only teabagged him in season two. way to be ignorant man.
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,547
    Can't speak to the truth of the rumors, but Led Zeppelin bassist John Paul Jones did play at Bonnaroo 2007 with Ben Harper and ?uestlove, I do believe.

Perhaps he wants to return and bring his own band...

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Can't speak to the truth of the rumors, but Led Zeppelin bassist John Paul Jones did play at Bonnaroo 2007 with Ben Harper and ?uestlove, I do believe.

Good point
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • quick impression of 'St. Anger' :

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
    do you remember the thunder from 10000 days/wings for marie? god damn that was a chilling moment... what a sick show, and by the way a dvd has surfaced from that show...it's incomplete and the dvd is chaptered wrong, but the quality I hear is very good,

yah, the soundsystem at the main stage is mindblowing...and it gets better every summer

I just remember the whole show was mind-blowing. I'll never forget it. I usually like to be close for bands, but decided to be way at the back rocking out. I wanted to be near the back to I could quickly head over get a good spot for the SuperJam.

I'd love to get a hold of the dvd - is there any way you can PM me with the torrent?

No, DMB has Carter Beauford - one of the best live drummers I've ever seen. Dave and Friends had Trey from Phish play with them, and he's one sick guitar player. But yea Dave isn't for everyone, but if you can see by Dave's voice you'll see they're one great live rock band.
    It's still a stage on a field though right?
    True - and I agree festivals aren't for everyone, but it blows any festivals I've ever been to away. AC and Superfly sure know what they're doing.
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    will wait till line up is announced but the more i think about it the more i fade away from the idea of attending this festival ....

yeah um i just heard AGAIN from the SAME music news that LZ are NOT playing bonaroo!!! WTF is UP with this mess!!!! damn. Looks like you and master framer arent missing anything!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    rhinomagic wrote:

Same thing happened in 06-07. In 06' Stewart Copeland played with Oysterhead, then in 07' The Police happened to show up.

Let's hope the same is true with JPJ. And btw JPJ playing with ?uestlove and Harper at the Superjam, then played with Harper at his show, and he even showed up at 2am to play Zep songs with Gov't Mule - which I gotta say that Gov't Mule set was one of the highlights for me that weekend.
  • 4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,210
    Bonnaroo Promoters Call Lineup Rumors Inaccurate

Bonnaroo promoters Superfly and A.C. Entertainment have commented on recent rumors that Led Zeppelin and Metallica will headline Bonnaroo in 2008. In a statement released to Relix/Jambands.com, Superfly and A.C. Entertainment said, “The rumors that are out there about the Bonnaroo 2008 headliners are inaccurate. We're very excited about the lineup that we're putting together for this year's festival. We'll be announcing the confirmed lineup towards the end of January, beginning of February."

As previously reported, since Saturday rumors have circulated that Led Zeppelin and Metallica have been booked as two of Bonnaroo’s three headlining acts. The flurry of speculation began after the industry newsletter published by Bob Lefsetz included an anonymous letter which said, “Zeppelin just confirmed for Bonnaroo. They can't officially announce until after the London gig so pass it on! Also Metallica is confirmed on the bill too!” While there has been no official word from the festival’s promoters, Led Zeppelin will likely play a limited number of US tour dates this summer after reuniting for a benefit gig on December 10. Some fans have pointed out, however, that Robert Plant’s availability will be limited due to an upcoming outing with Alison Krauss and the group has stated on several occasions that no future gigs have been booked for 2008. Led Zeppelin bassist John Paul Jones made his Bonnaroo debut last June, sitting-in with Gov’t Mule, Ben Harper, Gillian Welch, Uncle Earl and participating in the festival’s annual SuperJam. Led Zeppelin’s last US performance took place on May 5, 1988 at Madison Square Garden as part of Atlantic Records' 40th Anniversary celebration.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• will wait till line up is announced but the more i think about it the more i fade away from the idea of attending this festival ....

Money will be well saved for when they play the Gorge again Jose ;)
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Money will be well saved for when they play the Gorge again Jose ;)

yeah i agree no more festival's for me will just do pj shows only ....:)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    yeah i agree no more festival's for me will just do pj shows only ....:)

festivals are fun if you have a group of people and are there to hang out with friends first, and see music second

its something my friends and I do every summer WITHOUT THE WIVES

that being said, I will wait for the ACL and Vineland lineups

whichever is better, thats the one Ill go to
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    ummmmm,

i am there!
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    AndySlash wrote:

yea i know, it was just short-hand :) And it was Dave, Trey and Tim. And as much as I really dont like DMB, Tim Reynolds is an AMAZING guitarist...close to McCready :D
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Get_Right wrote:
    festivals are fun if you have a group of people and are there to hang out with friends first, and see music second

its something my friends and I do every summer WITHOUT THE WIVES

that being said, I will wait for the ACL and Vineland lineups

whichever is better, thats the one Ill go to
    oh yea, definately. It was fun in '04, we drove from DE to TN in 3 cars, hotel one night, 2 kegs, tons of hot dogs, and TONS of soap. Unfortunately, the shower situation and toilet situation was a bit under par :D

Fitting comment coming from someone with your username.

yeah... really... he came off sounding like a treky.

Dave & Friends are an entirely different group than DMB. This is not rocket science here.

I'm OK with sounding like a "treky" if you're ok with sounding like an uninformed asshat.
    Yes yes I am completely ignorant :)

I was just trying to say, man, don't judge the book by it's cover. It's something you've got to experience.