Options

Help!! What pedal?

Sea As His FloorSea As His Floor Posts: 22
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
If this has been addressed before then I wasn't in the room. What kind of pedal is it that Mike started using on the 2000 tour? You know, the spacy, flange/delay type deal that he used A LOT. Anyone know? I love this effect and I've never been able to find out exactly how to get it. Help me!!!
"The children have to save themselves these days because the parents don't have a clue"-Donnie Darko

"We were done, done, done with all the fuck, fuck, fuckin around"-Modest Mouse
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    2000 tour was heavy use of a boss DM-3 analog delay combined with an MXR phase 90 phaser.

this tour he still has those two pedals but was also playing with a line6 delay modeller and i believe a line6 filter modeller as well.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    its not a filter modeler its a MM-4 Modulation modeler.

that's where the flange comes from, also the rotosphere was added but the thickness comes from the Boss Dm-4 analog delay.

The swooshing the phase 90 or phase 90 model from the MM-4
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    yeah, my mistake.

he's pulled the phase 90 in some pictures. the DM-3 is still there but there is a line6 DL-4 and a line6 MM-4.

and the rotosphere.
    and the tubescreamer.
    and the wah.
    and something i can't ID.
  • Options
    and something cool underneath that black cloth me thinks

Oh yeah and there's the whole talent thing..
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    hmmmmmmmm.

mm-4 vs. ch-1, microvibe and phase 100.

hmmmmmmmm.
  • Options
    hmmmmm. My brain tells me one digital box with a lot of effects is cleaner because of a lessend signal degredation but my ear is unsure weather the computer can accurately model the effects.

Hmmmmm.

Curiouser and Curiouser
  • Options
    i just got a huge honking paycheck and phoned my dealer to line up all of them for me to try after work.

i have a line on a CH-1 but i want to try one in the whole rig. nice thing about my dealer, i can take whatever i want.

i'm leaning towards the individual stomps too. the harmony-central reviews are swaying me. despite how much i love my DL-4.

i need to build a new pedalboard. i need to find the loop carpeting though and i never can.