Options

Light Years appreciation thread

PhillyPJPhillyPJ Posts: 1,266
Ok. I did a search and no Light Years post exists yet. so I'm starting it. I love this song. soon as I heard Binaural this song stuck with me. great song. kinda dissapeared from set lists in 2003 but makes it that much sweeter when they do play it!!!

best part of the song for me is right here. wow. awesome lyrics!!!!

"Every inch between us becomes light years now.
No time to be void or save up on life.
Oh, you got to spend it all."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, this song's beautiful.
    The way Ed's voice is so tuned in to the melody
    and the drums are sweet.
    "Your lights reflected now"
  • Options
    yep agreed. great song :)
  • Options
    the words and that magic melody... it's a very simple but deep, very meaningful and true... Love this song...very intense!!!!! Nice post!!!!!!:)
    steer us toawrds the clear

my PJ trade list:
    www.in-my-tree.blogspot.com
  • Options
    thanks :) yea this song is really sweet. one of the special ones. no doubt
  • Options
    i love that song... the lyrics!!!! love it...
    Don't let me know we're invisible
    We could dance, dance, dance thru' the fire
    Dance, dance, dance thru' the fire
  • Options
    this song live is also amazing... better than studio...

at the end of the song... eddie does some improv... i love to hear that
    We could dance, dance, dance thru' the fire
    Dance, dance, dance thru' the fire
  • Options
    Oh, you got to spend it all.

truer words have never been spoken
  • Options
    rybesrybes Posts: 136
    such a beautiful song! :D
  • Options
    I agree. kinda sad also. but no doubt beautiful
  • Options
    i love this song......and recently when my friend died it helped me sooo much...she was the craziest person i know...but hanging out with her was always an adventure...she was only 24...so yeah...you gotta spend it all...

"...we were but stones....your light made us stars......"
    ...well i guess there's nothing wong with what you say...
  • Options
    I agree you gotta spend it all :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by PhillyPJ
    Oh, you got to spend it all.

truer words have never been spoken

amen. surprised this song hasn't had it's own thread, it's so beautiful.
  • Options
    I agree :)
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    such a beautiful song. The Little Rock verison, HOLY SHIT, Eddie singing at the end, "we need you, we fuckin' need you, I miss you" or something like that. It was powerful that night, and his emotions in that song was pure magic and all.

This song helped me a lot during the past year, losing people left and right, and feeling helpless, it is a comfort song and it is one of the songs that makes me cry a lot.

Such a beautiful song.
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    I love this song! It's very emotional though but it's also sooooo therapeutic! I've never had one single PJ song help so much, ya know. It's crazy cuze I've always loved this song (it was actually love at first listen), but if you loose someone or go through something seriously life changing...this song is totally reborn and seems to become a reflection of you, your life. It seems to become a goodbye/thank you letter to someone that has parted ways with you (for whatever reason). It also becomes the hope in a hopeless, depressing situation. This song takes a bad situation, a sad situation and turns it into something beautiful. It personally makes me grateful for everything I have had, and not dwell on all the things I have not. It makes me wipe away tears and remember with a smile instead. It really just puts things into perspective for me and makes me appreciate my life and those who have touched my life. This song SAVES!!!

I have yet to hear it live though. My day will come. :(

In the meantime it is great to be able to listen to gorgeous live versions and to have others share their live experience of this song and what it means to them.

:)
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    I agree. Binuaral is great. but this song just really stands out for me. *wow*

• Options
    Originally posted by VEDHEAD27
    I love this song! It's very emotional though but it's also sooooo therapeutic! I've never had one single PJ song help so much, ya know. It's crazy cuze I've always loved this song (it was actually love at first listen), but if you loose someone or go through something seriously life changing...this song is totally reborn and seems to become a reflection of you, your life. It seems to become a goodbye/thank you letter to someone that has parted ways with you (for whatever reason). It also becomes the hope in a hopeless, depressing situation. This song takes a bad situation, a sad situation and turns it into something beautiful. It personally makes me grateful for everything I have had, and not dwell on all the things I have not. It makes me wipe away tears and remember with a smile instead. It really just puts things into perspective for me and makes me appreciate my life and those who have touched my life. This song SAVES!!!

I have yet to hear it live though. My day will come. :(

In the meantime it is great to be able to listen to gorgeous live versions and to have others share their live experience of this song and what it means to them.

vedhead that's just beautiful. and it just proves once again how relevant and powerful PJ's music is, that it can touch us all this way. and how it just reminds us to live each day to the fullest.
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Thanks chiqui.:) And yes, it's sooo true. PJ saves!

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    I agree :)
  • Options
    great song.
  • Options
    yes it is. indeed
  • Options
    Light Years..... what can we say? It's beautiful.... there are no words to describe it! The meaning of the song is inside me and I fell good when I listen it!!!
    YOUR LIGHT MADE US STARS!!!
    Wow!
  • Options
    yea very powerful lyrics. awesome
  • Options
    there seems to be a strong following on this board for binaural songs...light years...grievance...NAIS...which i find refreshing. makes me want to pop it in on the way home.

love light years by the way, purely incredible songwriting.
    once dissolved we are free to grow...
  • Options
    yep great song :)
  • Options
    bump b/c I love this song

and I love donuts
  • Options
    this song...and Black take me to a certain point in time better than any songs I've ever heard. I dont know what it is but this song, then sleight of hand were the 2 i fell in love with right away on the first listen when Binaural came out in may of 2000. ever since then................yeah light years is truly special. good appreciation for a good song. nice thread;)
  • Options
    it's a song you can say is achingly beautiful and mean it. it's crafted so wonderfully like fine glass
  • Options
    yep I agree. beautiful yet sad at the same time :)
  • Options
    yep. amazing lyrics and beautiful music. can't beat it :)