Options

Light Years appreciation thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    the lyrics are the worst of all time. veto.
    Matt and I are friends.
  • Options
    PhillyPJPhillyPJ Posts: 1,266
    Originally posted by FeelLikeAStranger
    the lyrics are the worst of all time. veto.

huh???
  • Options
    It's a beautiful message I think. But I've seen a few say they didn't care for the lyrics, I guess too sappy or something. Anyway...

I love Binaural!
  • Options
    SoLATisASoLATisA Posts: 215
    i love light years. i feel binaural is pearl jam's masterpiece. light years is one of those reasons. my favorite lines are

with heavy breath, awakened regrets back pages and day alone that could have been spent together, but we were miles apart, every inch between us becomes light years now

great words!!!!!!
  • Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    The way Ed sings the first lines at the upper limit of his vocal range... loaded with emotion... beautiful. If I had recently lost someone (which I, thank God, haven't) this song would've made me cry anytime.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    KaddikatKaddikat Posts: 1,194
    :D:D:D:D
    **Get outa my way, just step aside, or pay the price ~ AC/DC**

You make me feel uncalm and I think I like it - 311

JEFF ROX MY SOX!

"Jeff is just a badass all the way across the board" ~aNiMaL~

"Chill out Kaddikat"
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    This song has helped me out a lot for the past several months, on a very personal level. I lost 3 people I cared about a lot, and didn't get a chance to tell them good-bye:( but this song, especially the lyrics:
    "back pages and days alone that could have been spent, together..
    but we were miles apart
    every inch between us becomes light years now
    no time to be void or save up on life
    you got to spend it all.. "

I tend to cry during that part, it is sad b/c you think, "why didn't I spend time w/that person, when I should have, and I had the time to." But you can't change that. They know that you loved them and all you have is the memories you will always treasure, that is what my brother told me after my grandma passed away.

I also agree w/VEDHEAD27, that you don't dwell on the past, you move forward and be grateful for all you have. Spend each day w/those you love and tell them that you love them as well.

This song, WOW, I don't know what else to say, but if you listen to the Little Rock verison, Eddie sings "We NEED you, we still fuckin' need you, we miss you" it got me a little choked up. I was there when they played this song, and it had so much meaning to me for me to be there and witness that performance, it is like they knew I wanted to hear that song and it was a way of telling me that everything will be okay and things will turn out for the better soon.
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    Monyc'Monyc' Posts: 35
    Originally posted by PhillyPJ

best part of the song for me is right here. wow. awesome lyrics!!!!

"Every inch between us becomes light years now.
    No time to be void or save up on life.
    Oh, you got to spend it all."

I totally agree!
    17/07/2003 Mexico City
    18/07/2003 Mexico City
    19/07/2003 Mexico City
    11/09/2005 Kitchener Ca
    12/09/2005 London Ca
    13/09/2005 Hamilton Ca
    15/09/2005 Montreal Ca
    07/12/2005 Monterrey Mx
    09/12/2005 Mexico City
    10/12/2005 Mexico City
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    BUMP!
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    amazing lyrics. great song. I love this song. powerful stuff. awesome
  • Options
    you got to spend it all

damn...straight!! i listened to binaural the other day (pried LD out of the player) - this is such a beautiful song to revisit. like admiring an intricate drawing, rediscovering the details.
  • Options
    Originally posted by chiquimonkey
    you got to spend it all

yep great song. amazing lyrics. what more can be said?
  • Options
    Originally posted by PhillyPJ
    what more can be said?
    really, just thank you. thank you to the guys who made this song exist and sharing it with all of us. i swear when a song like this touches me, it's like a present, truly...makes me feel grateful there are people like PJ who can express emotions so well. pure beauty encapsulated in a few minutes.