Options

*** Las Vegas, NV 1 Fanviews Here 5.16.24 ***

Comments

• Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 503
    ( I wasn't at this show, yet tonight I'm watching youTube videos of it- and it's SO GOOD!  Really Great!
     It was " in The Zone"!  You all must be on a Pearl Jam Live High ! )
  • Options
    dasvidanadasvidana Grand Junction CO Posts: 1,327
    edited May 18
    Beautiful show. So happy for HTI, Breakerfall. New songs sound great. Totally in love with Upper Hand and Setting Sun. Ed sounds great. Mike is at his peak. So proud to be a fan of this band. 
    Post edited by dasvidana on
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • Options
    ColaresiColaresi Posts: 9
    BF25394 said:
    Last night was definitely an A+. They came out on fire. There was no sitting the first 3 songs. I noticed the paint theme that nobody has mentioned in here yet. Sometimes: "Large fingers pushing paint....the colors blend.", then Hard to Imagine: "Paint a picture using only grey...", and then Black: "Sheets of empty canvas."     I'm glad Ops posted about the Sphere as I thought the same thing. I noticed Ed's showmanship with that new front preaching platform he has was sort of Bono-like last night. I know we all know that he attended a couple of the U2 shows and is pals with the Dolan's, the owners of MSG and the Sphere. I think for sure he was meaning that they're going to sign on to play it next year!   It was really incredible to be wailing Black so early in the show. That was a thrill for me, getting it in the 3 slot. The new album songs were so incredible. Mike's soloing at the ends of Upper Hand and Waiting for Stevie were inter-planetary and so awesome. I enjoyed watching Josh K add his backing vocals and a few cool sounds with his rig. All the guys were just so clicking and on fire last night. Thanks to the 10 Club for great seats on Stone-side, lower bowl. Deep Sea Diver was fun, I just wish the lead singer wouldn't stop the show so much to yuk it up with talk, and instead just get after us. They have a Death Cab vibe. Her voice is great, but the lyrics aren't ever sang in a way to hear/decipher them. Like Ed is a singer where you can for the most part always catch the lyrics. They were fun though and all of them played well. The arena and the vibes were immaculate last night and I had a blast. Can't wait for Saturday. BTW, I have never seen the merch lines so nuts INSIDE the arena. All 3 counters had unbelievably long lines, and I heard it was way crazy outside. Fun night, thank you, PJ!!
    My experience with Deep Sea Diver has been quite different than yours. I've seen them five times now this month on this tour. They play nine songs in 45 minutes. There's not a lot of chit-chat. Jessica says they have a new album and introduces one of the songs from it ("Shovel"). She thanks Pearl Jam for bringing them along. She thank the crowd for getting there early. She gives props to the band. When it was her birthday the other day, she mentioned it. I don't know where you're getting "yuk[king] it up with talk." And as far as the clarity of the words, I'm singing along to these songs just from having seen them performed live five times. "I can't see it any other way." "Wishing you were somebody else/Because you're driving me into the ground." I mean, these lyrics seem crystal-clear to me even with earplugs in.

I was actually thinking last night as she played the solo on the last song (on the "Guitar Solo Box"), "If Mike McCready played this solo, everyone here would be losing their minds, but because most people here are unfamiliar with this band, most of them are indifferent to it."
    I will just add that I saw Deep Sea Diver in St. Paul last year and they were fantastic. I now listen to Impossible Weight about once a week and am eagerly awaiting their new album. The guitar work is great and I love the dynamics of the songs, they build, fade, and build again in different directions. I am now a fan.
  • Options
    ( and if you saw them last Monday- aren't you Glad Happy you were @ Vegas 1 ? )
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,066
    dasvidana said:
    Beautiful show. So happy for HTI, Breakerfall. New songs sound great. Totally in love with Upper Hand and Setting Sun. Ed sounds great. Mike is at his peak. So proud to be a fan of this band. 
    Yep 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,677
    I felt like I was having eye contact with Mike all night. (People around me said “he got you”) We got a couple MIKE MIKE chants going too. One time I was looking over at Eddie and I see Mike staring right at me like “Dude really?” - Sorry Mister McCready!

I quite liked Deep Sea Diver and didn’t think it was very much talking. The solo at the end was very impressive. 
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 655
    I have never seen Stone so happy for an entire show. That smile was awesome.
  • Options
    wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 343
    Thanks to whomever brought the bag of bracelets to GA Thursday. 
  • Options
    apkirklandapkirkland Big Sky Country Posts: 216
    wiscojam said:
    And to whoever left lots of bracelets across the Ladies Room sink counter. Cool way to spread the love! I grabbed the one that said LBC so now I'm hoping for that tonight! And Green Disease. LFG!
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,333
    edited May 18
    That must have been deb? @deb1211
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,473
    Best setlist so far! Geoff took some stellar pics! :clap:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptj5vyHdU_I
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    vitovito Chicago Posts: 1,805
    edited May 18
    Great show!
    Post edited by vito on
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1992
    SUMMERFEST MILWAUKEE 1995
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1998
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO1998
    THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA KNOXVILLE 1998
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2000
    ALLSTATE ARENA ROSEMONT 2000
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2003
    HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
    TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004
    AIR CANADA CENTRE TORONTO 2005
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2006
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2006
    VERIZON CENTER DC 2008
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2009
    NATIONWIDE ARENA COLUMBUS 2010
    PJ20 NIGHT 1 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    PJ20 NIGHT 2 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    1ST MARINER ARENA BALTIMORE 2013
    IWIRELESS CENTER MOLINE 2014
    XCEL ENERGY CENTER ST. PAUL 2014
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2016 
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2016
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2018
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2018
    BOSTON 2 Fenway Park 2018
    ENTERPRISE CENTER SAINT LOUIS 2022
    Eddie Vedder Auditorium Theatre CHICAGO 2008

• Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 550
    Show #26 for me. At this point I’ve seen so many magical shows I was just excited to hear the new album and was happy to be in Vegas after the ‘22 cancelation but this show is now in the upper echelon for me.

Hard to Imagine is my white whale and when I saw Ed have a guitar for the opening song I figured I wasn’t getting it - then boom! Going from H2I into black I knew the band wasn’t messing around. Mike was absolutely on fire all night, best I’ve ever seen him play.

I loved how much the entire crowd was into it, such a perfect sized arena to play. The sound in my section (Floor D) was great too, Ed was crystal clear all night plus he sounds better than most of the recent tours, maybe as far back as ‘09/‘10. Seeing fans react to the deep cuts is always fun and it’s nice to see everyone loving the new songs. No more bathroom breaks or folks sitting down when it’s not a greatest hit being played. 

Speaking of the new album - every song was insanely good. Dark Matter the song is so bad ass live, i
    hope Waiting For Stevie becomes an encore staple and setting sun is beautiful. 

If I had to give slight tweaks it would only be that the screen doesn’t do much for me. The visuals aren’t on the level of like Tool for example and for most of the songs they were just showing the band play anyway which they could do on the old screens. Plus the dark matter graphics were just like those fission sequences in Oppenheimer, didn’t really add much. Also think the Dark Entree stage intro music isn’t the best, kinda reminds me of how My Morning Jacket comes on stage but theirs is better. Wish they’d go back to Metamorphosis or Master/Slave

But don’t wanna end on a negative because this may be a top 5 show for me, up there with the home shows, msg and the spectrum run. The energy of the band, the great surprises (Tremor Christ, Breakerfall, Breath, H2I,  Inside Job) and how perfect Dark Matter fits in made this an incredible evening. Looking forward to night 2
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,316
    This show for me was a turning point for the tour. The DM songs don't need to be in the same order and this one seems to have kicked it off. 

Getting Breakerfall live for the first time was a real treat. It claps so much better live and in person then any boot could do it justice.

Inside Job, Tremor, Breath, HTI, and the apparently elusive Stevie (I know it's only been 6 shows but still). 

Being in GA you could definitely see how happy the band is to play this stuff. 

This show cemented Wreckage as the new official bathroom break song. People were leaving in droves. I get it play the new stuff but this one isn't great live. It certainly shouldn't be getting more play then Stevie, Won't Tell, and Got To Give which are and should remain absolute bangers for years to come.

Not sure this one trumps Van N1 for me but it was a really good show and showed some signs of life on set diversity outside of the first 4.

Upper Hand is just better every time you hear it. Very powerful. Love it.

Setting Sun is a fantastic closer but it's a pretty easy song to walk out on after getting 100% play this tour and wrap up from the concourse. 

For me This will be 3rd best out of the 4 I caught this leg but that os more speaking to the power of the 2 ahead of it then anything negative about this one.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,473
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Really keep watching this Las Vegas 1 on youTube.
    Lovin' Upper Hand, and so much more. 
     Thanks so much Pearl Jam, and fans
  • Options
    Just a stupendously awesome show. I was right in front of Mike - about 5 people back. My first DM show so 8 new songs from that album for me.

Sometimes as an opener is so anticipatory. Then H2I as the 2nd opener - absolutely cathartic. A killer song and one of the great sing-alongs! Then they absolutely stunned with Black in the 3 hole. As others said, this is the best Mike Black solo I can remember. Do not miss this one on the boots!

Hail Hail got things into 5th gear, then the DM songs started up in their usual position. Scared, React & Wreckage sounded awesome. Then they started Daughter and we knew the band was switching things up. The pro-choice alternate lyrics to ABITW were apropos.

Then back to DM - that title track is killer live! (and on the studio album too) Wishlist is meh for me but then a shocking punk two-fer - Breakerfall & Running. After Even Flow we get the super DM anthems Upper Hand and of course Mr. Stevie. I kind of felt overwhelmed by Waiting for Stevie. I was having trouble focusing in on anything - it was all just so big. Can't wait to see it again!

Tremor Christ was a nice treat before the Lukin/Porch set closers.

Ed started playing this song that really sounded Jason Isbell-ish, but I just didn't know what it was. Reminded me of Cast Iron Skittle. And yes, it is an Isbell-written song. Then I hear the chords of Inside Job start - such a special song and such a privilege to watch Mike perform his own anthem. I got that song two shows in a row after years of desperately hunting for it. Top 5 PJ song for me.

DTE is always great and someone at her first PJ concert since she was a little kid wanted to hear Corduroy so that was really fun. Then 10Clubbers' favorite Breath - I love how the hardcore fans react to this song. I think it's kind of funny - it's not really that rare. Alive/YLB/Setting Sun is a pretty cool closing trio, I have to say.

This show was an all-timer, right up there with a typical Philly show. The crowd was so great - it was fun just to look around at all the sections and see them all packed and not one person sitting down the whole night. This band just totally exhausts you. Rock on!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,087
    Great review! Any extra new MM picks for a good friend of mine?
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Great review! Any extra new MM picks for a good friend of mine?
    If I managed to get extras I'd have spread them to the people around me. Unfortunately I just missed getting a pick as he threw just to my left and to my right. One guy picked up a couple and gave his extra to the Corduroy girl right next to me. That's how it goes.

Also a shout-out to Wayne - the Vegas local I hung out with. Sorry we didn't manage to meet up on Saturday.

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,087
     B)  
  • Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,599
    Still buzzing about this show. Breakerfall was a total mind fuck. I only got it once in 20 years and 50 shows, and now I've gotten it 2 out of the last 3. Tremor sounded great. Hail Hail was fucking rockin after that fantastic start! Breath out of no where. BUT SETTING SUN. What a vocal performance when the second half kicks in.
    Top 20 out of 53, which I never expected with the previous setlists this tour, and the new songs. Dark Matter (the song) was fucking fire
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    pray for mojopray for mojo Posts: 117
    BF25394 said:
    I'll have more to say later, but for now I just came here to say that Andrew Watt absolutely killed it on "Alive." I think a lot of people in the pit may have missed the epic shredding he was engaged in because they were focused on begging Eddie for tambourines, but holy mother of God. When you listen to the boot, you'll think it's Mike, but it's Watt. Wow.
    I thought the same thing and once I saw him couldn't believe how good he was.  You can tell he was so f'n happy to be up there with the band and didn't disappoint!
    Irvine 92,Indio 93,San Fran 95,San Diego 95x2,San Diego 98,LA 98x2,San Diego 00,San Bern 00,Irvine 03,San Diego 03,Las Vegas 03,Santa Barbara 03,Vancouver 05,LA 06x2,Santa Barbara 06,Cincy 06,Leeds 06,Reading 06,Portland 09,LA 09x3,San Diego 09,NYC 10x2, PHX 13, SD 13, LAx2 13, Cincy 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Dana Point 21x2, Vegas 24
  • Options
    withflyingcolorswithflyingcolors CO Posts: 479
    I got a kick out of seeing Josh crouching down behind some equipment filming Andrew and Mike. I've seen him do that before. He's a fan just like us :) 
  • Options
    Lukeat911Lukeat911 Nashville, TN Posts: 186

• Options
    hadfiiwhadfiiw Posts: 193
    edited May 24
    Definitely a top 5 show for me (same with Vegas 2). How they keep surprising me with the setlist is beyond me. Hard To Imagine in the 2nd slot with Black in the 3rd?  What?!

The new songs are fantastic. So glad they played a lot of them.

Love Inside Job (it was the opener last time they played MGM so that was fun to see again). Forgot how good Breakerfall was and the second time to see Tremor Christ! 

Great to see Watt out there having a blast.

Crowd was really into it but really drunk(high?) - at least around us in section 27. Everybody was really happy and civil so it was all good.
    Post edited by hadfiiw on
    - ian | www.lukin.com

96 - Charlotte / Charleston
    98 - Atlanta
    00 - Charlotte / Greensboro / Atlanta
    03 - Raleigh / Charlotte / Mountain View / San Diego / Bristow
    04 - Asheville
    05 - Philadelphia
    06 - Washington, DC / Las Vegas / San Diego
    08 - Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    09 - Philadelphia (28th)
    10 - Bristow
    11 - East Troy (3rd) / East Troy (4th)
    13 - Charlottesville / Charlotte
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Boston (5th)
    18 - Boston (2nd) / Boston (4th)
    20 - NashvilleBaltimore
    22 - Nashville / Baltimore
    24 - Las Vegas (16th) / Las Vegas (18th) / Baltimore
  • Options
    smdevinesmdevine Posts: 130
    wiscojam said:
    My pleasure! Hope you enjoyed - we got a couple of great shows!!🙌
  • Options
    wiscojam said:
    And to whoever left lots of bracelets across the Ladies Room sink counter. Cool way to spread the love! I grabbed the one that said LBC so now I'm hoping for that tonight! And Green Disease. LFG!
    You're welcome! Glad they were picked up and worn. Good shows!!
  • Options
    apkirklandapkirkland Big Sky Country Posts: 216
    smdevine said:
    wiscojam said:
    You're welcome! Glad they were picked up and worn. Good shows!!
    Thanks again! Will be wearing my LBC bracelet to the Seattle shows! Cheers!
  • Options

Thanks again! Will be wearing my LBC bracelet to the Seattle shows! Cheers!
    Ahhh!! Enjoy Seattle. I've been stalking flights for two days. Taking all I have not to pull the trigger.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,390
    That’s amazing smdevine, great people in the community. I appreciate the fans who get it… it’s about the moment, and living in it

i had the best 4 shows… being around the energy of the fans made it that