Options

*** Las Vegas, NV 1 Fanviews Here 5.16.24 ***

Comments

• Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,179
    ^^ I wondered if Ed’s “next year” (don’t remember which song it was, maybe wishlist?) carried a sphere implication. 

I thought the sound was generally kinda mediocre. Very brittle/harsh. Very glad I had my plugs 
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    The Stone Gossard dance party going on over there all night was a thing to behold!
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,799
    Honestly best I could’ve asked for in this current format. Hard to Imagine was really all I wanted, but killer setlist overall. Great to hear HTI, Breakerfall, Tremor, and Inside Job. Lot of stuff I didn’t expect. 
    Agreed on all parts. Loving the addition of the visuals, Dark Matter tracks were all solid.

Took my mom to her first show - she’s been battling late stage cancer again like a champ. After such a great setlist, being able to cap it off with Alive (her favorite track) was a moment I won’t forget. Kinda forgot how fun it is to see people’s first impressions of the band or a McCready Even Flow solo.

Can’t wait to see what we get Saturday, but overall this new show format (new album heavy, visuals, tight setlists, healthy band) will be great to see continue.
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,179
    The Stone Gossard dance party going on over there all night was a thing to behold!
    He really seems to love playing the new stuff. Was groovin hard in that first DM segmebt 
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    withflyingcolorswithflyingcolors CO Posts: 479
    Yea!! I sat on his side for Portland and LV1 now and it was a treat to watch. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him or Jeff so animated. Definitely not Stone  =)

I think this show moved me towards a slight obsession with the new album. I love it, and after hearing most of it live well, it’s amazing. I can’t stop listening. 

Like everyone else I was going nuts when HTI started, and we got to hear Tremor, Inside Job, AND Breath?! Freaking incredible!!!

The crowd was much more energetic than Portland, I still hold Hartford ‘13 as my best ever, but this came close! Awesome fun people all around us in section 27. 

Agreed on the sound in some places. I wish I hadn’t forgotten my earplugs. 

Eddie sounds so so good and the band looks like they’re having much FUN especially with the new songs. It’s awesome!

This has been a really difficult/sad year for my family so it was extra special to enjoy this show with my Mom. 

Thanks for the memories! 
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,351
    Another very good setlist.  Missed Tremor Christ by one show.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,677

Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,743
    BF25394 said:
    The pit wasn't always mellow. Two people tried to crash to the front right before and at the beginning of "Even Flow." I channeled my inner Gandalf: "You. Shall. Not. Pass." and sent them back from whence they came.
    gotta love the pj fan entitlement...
    More than you even know. The first guy kept pointing at his Ten Club shirt and yelling about how he'd been a fan for 30 years. I was like, "Yeah, so has everyone else here and, regardless, it doesn't mean you get to bullrush past everyone."
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    tschav said:
    Honestly best I could’ve asked for in this current format. Hard to Imagine was really all I wanted, but killer setlist overall. Great to hear HTI, Breakerfall, Tremor, and Inside Job. Lot of stuff I didn’t expect. 
    Agreed on all parts. Loving the addition of the visuals, Dark Matter tracks were all solid.

Took my mom to her first show - she’s been battling late stage cancer again like a champ. After such a great setlist, being able to cap it off with Alive (her favorite track) was a moment I won’t forget. Kinda forgot how fun it is to see people’s first impressions of the band or a McCready Even Flow solo.

Can’t wait to see what we get Saturday, but overall this new show format (new album heavy, visuals, tight setlists, healthy band) will be great to see continue.
    That’s an awesome memory for you and your mom and makes me really happy reading it this morning. My mom died last year after a long battle but getting to hear Light Years and Inside Job in Chicago last year was good for my soul during a rough time. “How I choose to feel is how I am” has kept me moving forward a lot. Hearing it again last night was a nice welcome surprise. Best wishes to you both.
    2007 Lollapalooza
    2009 Chicago I-II
    2013 Wrigley
    2014 Moline, St Paul, Milwaukee
    2015 Chicago (Ed-An Evening Celebrating The Who)
    2016 Wrigley I-II
    2018 Wrigley II
    2022 Chicago II (Ed & Earthlings), Hamilton, Nashville
    2023 Chicago I-II, Austin I-II

2024 Vegas I-II, Wrigley I-II, Philly I-II
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,066
    HTI too predictable in that spot
    Breakerfall too
    Will never travel again to see them

Bring on the East Coast leg!!! Love this band 
    lol....what?
    Kidding obviously 
    good to know...unfortunately not obvious around here these days
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 510
    edited May 17
    Absolutely fantastic show. I was in Austin last September and I thought that was great but the band seems to have a burst of energy because of the new songs and the addition of the graphics. 

The first 15 minutes through Black was about as good a 15 minutes of music you’ll ever see.

The setlist and performance were both A+. Very happy to see Inside Job again (first time for me since 2010) and Andrew Watt’s appearance was amazing. Yes, he’s played with them before but last night it took on the feel of a victory celebration now that the album he produced is out. 

A big time show in every way. Looking forward to Saturday.

Post edited by Luckytwn1 on
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,066
    CROJAM95 said:
    Holy shit, Ed Tossed me a tambourine 🤗

wow had a moment with him ‘& mike

Wow
    nice
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 343
    That was my first pit experience in many many shows. What a community 
  • Options
    wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 343
    wiscojam said:
    That was my first pit experience in many many shows. What a community 
    Deep Sea Diver. The opens I’ve seen with this band have been just incredible. What talent 
  • Options
    chadaw76chadaw76 Indianapolis Posts: 291
    Incredible show last night. The band was on fire, new songs sounded great. HTI, Hail Hail, Breakerfall, Tremor Christ, Inside Job, and Breath with fire versions of Black and Corduroy. What a set!
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    Mamasan BrenMamasan Bren Posts: 960
    Last night was definitely an A+. They came out on fire. There was no sitting the first 3 songs. I noticed the paint theme that nobody has mentioned in here yet. Sometimes: "Large fingers pushing paint....the colors blend.", then Hard to Imagine: "Paint a picture using only grey...", and then Black: "Sheets of empty canvas."     I'm glad Ops posted about the Sphere as I thought the same thing. I noticed Ed's showmanship with that new front preaching platform he has was sort of Bono-like last night. I know we all know that he attended a couple of the U2 shows and is pals with the Dolan's, the owners of MSG and the Sphere. I think for sure he was meaning that they're going to sign on to play it next year!   It was really incredible to be wailing Black so early in the show. That was a thrill for me, getting it in the 3 slot. The new album songs were so incredible. Mike's soloing at the ends of Upper Hand and Waiting for Stevie were inter-planetary and so awesome. I enjoyed watching Josh K add his backing vocals and a few cool sounds with his rig. All the guys were just so clicking and on fire last night. Thanks to the 10 Club for great seats on Stone-side, lower bowl. Deep Sea Diver was fun, I just wish the lead singer wouldn't stop the show so much to yuk it up with talk, and instead just get after us. They have a Death Cab vibe. Her voice is great, but the lyrics aren't ever sang in a way to hear/decipher them. Like Ed is a singer where you can for the most part always catch the lyrics. They were fun though and all of them played well. The arena and the vibes were immaculate last night and I had a blast. Can't wait for Saturday. BTW, I have never seen the merch lines so nuts INSIDE the arena. All 3 counters had unbelievably long lines, and I heard it was way crazy outside. Fun night, thank you, PJ!!
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    MarcvHMarcvH Amersfoort, Netherlands Posts: 25
    deb1211 said:
    Holy Hell..this was my 17 year old daughters first ever concert of any band and I saw her dancing and fist pumping. I upgraded our seats today to  11th row sec 7 and it was so awesome. 

What a setlist. I was shocked to hear Tremor Christ and Breakerfall and then inside job..how I have wanted to hear that for so long. Loved seeing Watt jamming with the band. Dark Matter songs shine..wow are they incredible. I feel like I have known them for years. React Respond is a burner live wow. 

I'm so happy right now and I think I have some amazing photos

Mike on fire as always and Ed sounds incredible 

Can't wait for Saturday 
    What an awesom way to kick off your concert-goin-career. Enjoy the Saturday show!
    Arnhem 2006, Nijmegen 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Werchter 2010, Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I 2014, Amsterdam II 2017 (Ed Solo), Amsterdam I 2018, Amsterdam II 2018, Amsterdam I 2022, Amsterdam II 2022, Berlin I 2024, Berlin II 2024 and... was on the quest list of Vera Groningen 1996.. but went to my girlfriends father's birthday instead, damned!
  • Options
    MG182478MG182478 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 30
    A real banger of a show. It was my 29th, and first of the tour. The new stuff and visuals are incredible additions.

was really surprised at the amount of great last minute seats available. 

MGM is a small venue. You can feel it. Wish I was hanging around for Saturday, but life. Enjoy those GAs whoever got them. See you at Wrigley. 
    1994 : Cleveland
    1995 : Chicago
    1996 : Toronto, Buffalo
    1998 : East Troy x2, East Lansing, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh, Cuyahoga Falls
    2000 : Columbus, Pittsburgh, Auburn Hills
    2003 : Cleveland
    2004 : Toledo
    2005 : Toronto
    2006 : Chicago, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati
    2010 : Cleveland
    2013 : Buffalo
    2014 : Detroit
    2016 : Tampa, Wrigley 
    2018 : Wrigley 
    2022 : Chicago (EV & The Earthlings)
    2023: Chicago 1
    2024: Vegas 1 
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,677

• Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,677
    Watt on guitar made this performance of Alive truly stellar! The band had huge smiles on their faces jamming with him and he gave total new energy to this old song.
    Had such a fun time and loved the setlist, the new music sounded fantastic and was well received by the crowd. I feel like the new songs are so well crafted and will stand the test of time. 
    I liked the addition of the screens and visuals, great shots of Mike’s guitar playing and kind of trippy graphics.
  • Options
    BpageBpage Posts: 36
    Are they selling merchandise today?
    bpage
  • Options
    VikkivaleVikkivale Los Angeles, CA Posts: 227
    I was right in front of the soundboard and WOW did everything sound fantastic! 👏🙌👍I've waited and hoped years and years for Inside Job and was psyched to hear it! HTI was also a highlight. Stevie was my favorite DM song going in, but now I think it's Setting Sun! It was so powerful and beautiful live. Can't wait for night 2! Hoping I'll finally hear LBC 🤞💗
  • Options
    WMAmoricanWMAmorican Posts: 246
    One thing I found interesting (that has probably been commented on elsewhere, but I've avoided setlist threads because I wanted to be totally surprised last night) was that Stone played the solos on both "Wreckage" and "Setting Sun," safe to assume he did so on the album?
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,190
    I took camera pics so can't upload but here's a phone Pic of back of my camera until I can do better

• Options
    Sugarloafer04Sugarloafer04 Telluride CO // Brooklyn NY Posts: 306

Say what you want about the visuals. But that was an absolutely amazing show! 
    2016: Telluride, CO
    2018: Fenway night 1
    2021: Sea.Hear.Now
    2022: San Diego, MSG, Camden 
    2023: Ft. Worth 1, Ft. Worth 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
    2024: Las Vegas 1, Las Vegas 2
  • Options
    toblerussetoblerusse Posts: 111
    edited May 18
    Electric. 
    I probably drank too much as I don't remember much about leaving or getting back to our room lol. But I do remember loving every minute. 

I can't get enough of the new album. This was my 3rd show this tour and this had the best energy. 

Setting Sun

-"I wait on the PORCH, hoping someday I'll be let in
    They say in the end, everythin' will be okay
    If it's not okay, well, then it ain't the end"

Does anyone have a list or a guess of how many PJ songs have a mention/reference to a porch?

At least 3 last night :  setting sun, breath, porch, lol

Post edited by toblerusse on
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,743
    Last night was definitely an A+. They came out on fire. There was no sitting the first 3 songs. I noticed the paint theme that nobody has mentioned in here yet. Sometimes: "Large fingers pushing paint....the colors blend.", then Hard to Imagine: "Paint a picture using only grey...", and then Black: "Sheets of empty canvas."     I'm glad Ops posted about the Sphere as I thought the same thing. I noticed Ed's showmanship with that new front preaching platform he has was sort of Bono-like last night. I know we all know that he attended a couple of the U2 shows and is pals with the Dolan's, the owners of MSG and the Sphere. I think for sure he was meaning that they're going to sign on to play it next year!   It was really incredible to be wailing Black so early in the show. That was a thrill for me, getting it in the 3 slot. The new album songs were so incredible. Mike's soloing at the ends of Upper Hand and Waiting for Stevie were inter-planetary and so awesome. I enjoyed watching Josh K add his backing vocals and a few cool sounds with his rig. All the guys were just so clicking and on fire last night. Thanks to the 10 Club for great seats on Stone-side, lower bowl. Deep Sea Diver was fun, I just wish the lead singer wouldn't stop the show so much to yuk it up with talk, and instead just get after us. They have a Death Cab vibe. Her voice is great, but the lyrics aren't ever sang in a way to hear/decipher them. Like Ed is a singer where you can for the most part always catch the lyrics. They were fun though and all of them played well. The arena and the vibes were immaculate last night and I had a blast. Can't wait for Saturday. BTW, I have never seen the merch lines so nuts INSIDE the arena. All 3 counters had unbelievably long lines, and I heard it was way crazy outside. Fun night, thank you, PJ!!
    My experience with Deep Sea Diver has been quite different than yours. I've seen them five times now this month on this tour. They play nine songs in 45 minutes. There's not a lot of chit-chat. Jessica says they have a new album and introduces one of the songs from it ("Shovel"). She thanks Pearl Jam for bringing them along. She thank the crowd for getting there early. She gives props to the band. When it was her birthday the other day, she mentioned it. I don't know where you're getting "yuk[king] it up with talk." And as far as the clarity of the words, I'm singing along to these songs just from having seen them performed live five times. "I can't see it any other way." "Wishing you were somebody else/Because you're driving me into the ground." I mean, these lyrics seem crystal-clear to me even with earplugs in.

I was actually thinking last night as she played the solo on the last song (on the "Guitar Solo Box"), "If Mike McCready played this solo, everyone here would be losing their minds, but because most people here are unfamiliar with this band, most of them are indifferent to it."
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 840
    Yeah I didn’t see Deep Sea Diver talking much. I’m not familiar with the band but they were just OK. I thought the band was way better than the singing. Just kind of boring. Would have thought they would try to mix in a cover to kind of break the ice for those who haven’t seen them before. Just my opinion.
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 523
    Electric. 
    I probably drank too much as I don't remember much about leaving or getting back to our room lol. But I do remember loving every minute. 

I can't get enough of the new album. This was my 3rd show this tour and this had the best energy. 

Setting Sun

Does anyone have a list or a guess of how many PJ songs have a mention/reference a porch?

Yellow ledbetter as well last night
  • Options
    toblerussetoblerusse Posts: 111
    MK88178 said:
    Electric. 

Setting Sun

Does anyone have a list or a guess of how many PJ songs have a mention/reference a porch?

Yellow ledbetter as well last night
    Yesss