Options

*** SACRAMENTO - 2024 SETLIST THREAD ***

Comments

• Options
    LizosaurusRexLizosaurusRex Bend, OR Posts: 53
    Came for the bitching and griping, was not disappointed

It felt like a greatest hits set, but the crowd was super into it. The band was feeding off of that energy and played 🔥 versions of Black, Alive, Porch, Jeremy, etc. Also all the rest. It was a fun time and everyone in the room appreciated it. Judging it from here will continue to be the weirdest thing I see all day. Maybe the setlist threads should go on hiatus. Everyone would be happier.
  • Options
    azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 703
    Perfectly put Rex. 
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,547
    edited May 14
    4.FAITHFULL
    This did not go well. 
    Post edited by cutz on
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,361
    I love it when people on a setlist thread complain about the setlist. You’re not even at the show so why does it matter? Can’t we just be happy that there are shows to go to, and the people there can have a great time? 

This place sometimes…
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,664
    edited May 14
    vito said:
    How about a surprise like Rats...no love for Vs at all😭
    Kinda surprised we haven’t had Dissident yet given it had a fair few plays last tour once they lowered the key.
    4 shows in, only 4 total songs from Vs played

Small Town and Daughter two times each

Still waiting on the first appearance of any song from Riot Act, Avocado and Backspacer
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,130
    Came for the bitching and griping, was not disappointed

It felt like a greatest hits set, but the crowd was super into it. The band was feeding off of that energy and played 🔥 versions of Black, Alive, Porch, Jeremy, etc. Also all the rest. It was a fun time and everyone in the room appreciated it. Judging it from here will continue to be the weirdest thing I see all day. Maybe the setlist threads should go on hiatus. Everyone would be happier.
    LOL...did you just have the internet installed? 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    dannyschmannydannyschmanny Posts: 72
    edited May 14
    cutz said:
    4.FAITHFULL
    This did not go well. 
    Funny enough, it didn't but it did? Like if you know the song like anyone here does. yes. But if you had never heard it before, whoever was off, the rest adjusted to it and even Ed changed the melody to match, so much though that a newbie to the song would have no real idea it wasn't supposed to be like that. So it wasn't right...but they adjusted to it pretty beautifully in a way. haha
    Post edited by dannyschmanny on
    i remember you...i was gonna vote for you one time...but voting isn't cool so i stayed home and got trashed on listerine.
  • Options
    dannyschmannydannyschmanny Posts: 72
    Just got home. was this the most exciting b-side or deep cut setlist? No. But it was a really solid setlist, Faithful and proper Garden showed up. Got a Light Years appearance with a really touching tribute. On top of that, it was a pretty great feeling crowd and the band sounded and just felt really energized and into it themselves. It was really good show. 
    i remember you...i was gonna vote for you one time...but voting isn't cool so i stayed home and got trashed on listerine.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,222
    edited May 14
    Wowzers!! Looks like a killer set to me.

That means great!
    Post edited by Loujoe on
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,509
    Glad I saved the money and skipped this one....
  • Options
    Planet of SoundPlanet of Sound UK Posts: 501
    Sometimes these sort of sets make for great shows though, and it was a really good one by the reviews (Faithfull excepting).
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,733
    Sacramento, I love this setlist for you!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,043
    Did Ed talk about the cancelation in 2022? 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,511
    edited May 14
    PJNB said:
    Did Ed talk about the cancelation in 2022? 
    He did. I think it was right before Faithfull he talked about only having played Sac a few times and that this show was supposed to happen "one year ago." Actually 2! 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • Options
    wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 343
    2 HOURS AND 28 MINUTES SHOW
    THANKS EVERYONE AND THE RELAYER..
    VEGAS NEXT 
    Vegas Next Baby
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,995
    Curious to hear this one. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,627
    I think a bunch of us are excited for the shows we are going to this year, and seeing these sets we already know what’s coming for future shows. We’ve never had this experience before as fans. No one on here who’s got issues with the set list has ever said “must be a bad show”; our critique is solely on the songs played and in what order.
    We’re getting excited over a flubbed Faithful and Garden, the latter which was a staple a year ago. Just refresh your memory and look at the 2023 set lists, they were perfect after all the bitching about shorter shows. I mean fuck, we got Tremor and Marker in the same main set.
    I’m going to Vegas and I’m excited for the first 4 songs and the 1 or 2 songs mid-set that change. Otherwise I already know what to expect. Never had that feeling before, but still going to give my 110% in the crowd as a fan. 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,405
    I think a bunch of us are excited for the shows we are going to this year, and seeing these sets we already know what’s coming for future shows. We’ve never had this experience before as fans. No one on here who’s got issues with the set list has ever said “must be a bad show”; our critique is solely on the songs played and in what order.
    We’re getting excited over a flubbed Faithful and Garden, the latter which was a staple a year ago. Just refresh your memory and look at the 2023 set lists, they were perfect after all the bitching about shorter shows. I mean fuck, we got Tremor and Marker in the same main set.
    I’m going to Vegas and I’m excited for the first 4 songs and the 1 or 2 songs mid-set that change. Otherwise I already know what to expect. Never had that feeling before, but still going to give my 110% in the crowd as a fan. 
    Agree with all of this and pretty much sums up my feelings
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,038
    Totally agree with you.  Pearl Jam is becoming way too predictable.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,130
    Then by all means stop buying tickets...leaves more for the rest of us
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    If these sets are here to stay that is exactly what is going to start happening with the travelling fan. 
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,946
    Yeah, judging by the tone of the board, tickets should be plentiful moving forward. No need to see multiple shows. Good news for my friends who got shut out and are still looking for tickets. 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,664
    edited May 14
    PJNB said:
    If these sets are here to stay that is exactly what is going to start happening with the travelling fan. 
    I think the move is to prioritize the "non album" tours if you are going for variety and rarities.  I have a hard time blaming them for the current sets since this is advertised as the "Dark Matter" tour.  I expect the current format to stay through 2025 at least, but hopefully they tour in 2026/2027 before the next album and revisit some of the 2000s albums.

Or, if they want to keep the current format forever, then that's fine too.  But I wish they would play one weekend or two night stand per year labeled as "Evening with Pearl Jam" where they play a traditional show.  Just once per year, give the crazies a reason to travel for a show they know will be better in their eyes than a regular tour show. 
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,405
    Yeah I mean that's the subtext. I have no idea whether it matters or not. Probably regionally but it's another factor on top of ticket prices.
  • Options
    Everything the band does isn’t perfect, and as fans who have spent tens of thousands of dollars, I think we can nitpick a little. There’s plenty of non-northeast tickets available, and more drops coming. Also don’t block off back of the stage if tickets are an issue. And the “rest of us” are probably complaining about $199 a ticket. 
    The whole point is that majority of this community is seeing many many shows each tour, myself included, because of the unknown set lists. For example, using the band as an excuse to go to Europe or Australia. The incentive now to travel to get uniqueness has dwindled….which eventually leads to the band losing money. 
    Last year I landed back in Denver from both Chicago and Fort Worth shos. I was sitting on the runway in Denver after landing and I booked a flight to Austin 2 because I felt like I couldn’t miss what they were doing. It was fascinating to know all bets are off on any given night. Right now that is not the case…except getting Alone?
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    I think the move is to prioritize the "non album" tours if you are going for variety and rarities.  I have a hard time blaming them for the current sets since this is advertised as the "Dark Matter" tour.  I expect the current format to stay through 2025 at least, but hopefully they tour in 2026/2027 before the next album and revisit some of the 2000s albums.

Or, if they want to keep the current format forever, then that's fine too.  But I wish they would play one weekend or two night stand per year labeled as "Evening with Pearl Jam" where they play a traditional show.  Just once per year, give the crazies a reason to travel for a show they know will be better in their eyes than a regular tour show. 
    It's not just the fact its an album tour. It is the fact that 30% of the show is already known right to what spot in the set the songs are coming on. On top of that we have the usual hits in their usual spots too mixing some in and out each night. That leaves really only a small portion of the show to be open for something we are that we are not in the know of what is next. In the past we were spoiled I guess with around 90% of the show being unknown. 

They always had a formula in the past even with album tours. This is something completely different. I am not expecting 33 plus songs like we got in 2013 but I was also not expecting to know what songs where popping right when that song number came up. Takes a lot of the surprise that a lot of us always enjoyed from the show. 

Also this is only 4 shows into a long (for them) tour this year. That also does not mean we can not discuss it as it happens openly. 

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,995
    I went to three shows on the Gigaton tours and only heard five songs from the album in total. That was disappointing. That they are loading up with Dark Matter this time around isn't necessarily a negative for me. I get that the same songs in the same places each night is a change. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Agreed. Hoping Seattle gets a little weird, and come September we have a new format. Otherwise I’m not really stressing about Philly tickets as much as I was before. 
  • Options
    Everything the band does isn’t perfect, and as fans who have spent tens of thousands of dollars, I think we can nitpick a little. There’s plenty of non-northeast tickets available, and more drops coming. Also don’t block off back of the stage if tickets are an issue. And the “rest of us” are probably complaining about $199 a ticket. 
    The whole point is that majority of this community is seeing many many shows each tour, myself included, because of the unknown set lists. For example, using the band as an excuse to go to Europe or Australia. The incentive now to travel to get uniqueness has dwindled….which eventually leads to the band losing money. 
    Last year I landed back in Denver from both Chicago and Fort Worth shos. I was sitting on the runway in Denver after landing and I booked a flight to Austin 2 because I felt like I couldn’t miss what they were doing. It was fascinating to know all bets are off on any given night. Right now that is not the case…except getting Alone?
    For anyone to think this post is whining or bitching or entitled I am not sure what to say. 

It is an honest take from someone that mirrors what a lot of us traveling fans are feeling while looking at the sets so far. 

I have not been to a single show yet. If I went to the first 4 shows maybe I would be saying it does not matter at all and the shows are still fantastic. But as someone that is seeing a record number of shows this year for myself(travel already full booked sorry cant get my tickets :wink:) I am definitely watching the variety of sets so far. 
  • Options
    This is very much where I am at. I have been to 3.5 hour, nearly 40 song shows, and honestly some of the best shows I have been to were in 2022 and 23. Saint Paul 2 main set could stand up to any show I have been to (the encore was a little basic), and Fort Worth 1, while had circumstances, was honestly amazing. The shorter shows in a way made them better. I got so many songs I have never heard live before last year. Now I'm not really counting on any.

Every new year they tour I say, I am going to control myself this year. Then I get six shows. I am really trying to keep an open mind on knowing where about a quarter of the songs are going to be and what they are, but I am having a tough time wrapping my mind around it. I know we are spoiled in that sense, but that not knowing is such a huge part of the draw and traveling and spending money. I have a kid who is a huge Taylor Swift fan and he would see her any chance he got, and he dies for those two surprise songs and knows all the rest. I told my wife last night if Swift fans can do that, we can handle knowing a quarter of the set and hopefully be surprised by the rest.

I do like some things they are doing. Porch and Smile before the end for example are interesting. But after all these experiences still can't wrap my head around the rest. Even the Dark Matter stuff, I want to hear it all, but having the same four songs in a row every night limits that tremendously. 

I have both Vegas too and I am greatly looking forward to it. But I am looking forward to Vegas as much as anything, and in the past Pearl Jam has been more of the focus. I still know I will enjoy the crap out of these shows, though. After that I have Chicago and Ohana. I am totally on the fence about Chicago at this point. I want to see where it goes and maybe the stadium shows will be different. This is a lot of complaining and I have said several times I want to see where it goes and how I feel. Hopefully Vegas blows me away and that's that.