Options

Wow I got scammed!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    I know a guy who bought bogus MSG 1 tix for 100. The ticket people would not tell you if they were legit until the doors opened how lame! You have 15 windows of ticket people and not one would check the legitamacy of his ticket.

I've never tried to validate tix at msg, but i have at irving plaza
    bought cc tix from a fan and they looked different from other fans tix
    club bouncers didn't think they looked legit but turned out they were and looked different cause they were bought through tm canada

sorry this happened to you. hope the guy comes through and you do go to the beacon show

i like the fact tm will reissue tix when you lose them. i misplaced open tix and the box office couldn't have been nicer. i was freaking out since c/s was closed for labor day and i took a shot and went anyway. tm came through for me bigtime that day.
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    window #1 was the valadation window on wednesday, and the jerkoff at that window was well..a jerkoff, smug and could care less...very unhelpful
  • Options
    NYCPJNYCPJ nyc Posts: 761
    Well i'm not really shure what happened, it was all 2nd and 3rd party shit so i am still trying to figure it out. Here is what i think happened.. i was supposed to get my tix from somebody who works for msg ticket dept. turns out that didn't happen, as it turns out the guy knew somebody else who had 2 extra tix and arrainged to but them from him, he "allegedly" got them off ebay or from somewhere. When my wife and i picked up our tix from will call they were in sec.341, they were supposed to be sec.97 so that was my first red flag, then we went to go in and the ticket taker scanned them and they were alerted that the credit card that was used was rejected and he told me to go to the window and figure it out. The guy at the window scanned them again and he told me..." these were reported lost or stolen and new tix were given" turns out i found the guy who actually bought the tix and told him what happened, he looking confident and a little cocky but confused wlaked to the same guy i did to check his tix and they also were reported lost or stolen! he screamed at the guy and cursed out ticketmaster. My question is how in the fuck can you just call ticketscam and report your tix lost or stolen and get new tix? since when? back in the day if you lost your tix or it was stolen you were fucked and that was it. So i guess i can buy tix, sell them to someone then report them lost get new tix and go for free with extra cash in my pocket. I have never been so pissed off in my entire life! add on to that i am really irish so my temper is twice as bad! what a f'n scam!

Really sorry to hear that. Its always my worst nightmare when i get stuck buying from a broker or someone who isnt a fan (im always especially worried about fastticket printouts, which i avoid).

Here is my understanding of how ticketmaster handles lost tickets (it happened to me for Springsteen at Shea a few years ago). THey will not replace your hard ticket. They make you wait until the last minute to ensure it wasnt just slow mail. And then, they void your hard ticket, so if anyone has those tickets, they will not be allowed in the venue. Then you, the original ticketholder who reported them lost, must show your id at the venue and you will get a voucher, not a ticket, that lets you in the show.
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
  • Options
    5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    I recently decided to join the message pit. I'm a die hard fan who has been to alot of shows. Here is my question why does this message pit discuss stupid topics? I thought it was all about the music not who is better fans philly of New York:) If Ed and the boys would read some of this shit they would laugh. Get Right!!!!
    This too shall pass.....
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    5against1- wrote:
    I recently decided to join the message pit. I'm a die hard fan who has been to alot of shows. Here is my question why does this message pit discuss stupid topics? I thought it was all about the music not who is better fans philly of New York:) If Ed and the boys would read some of this shit they would laugh. Get Right!!!!

Some of the topics are silly, just don't read 'em, but what's wrong with this thread? Its discussing Pearl Jam tickets, and this is the live Pearl Jam music section.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    Jane NY yeh i know, it doesnt bother me:)
    This too shall pass.....