Options

Wow I got scammed!!

evenflowwmaevenflowwma Posts: 75
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
seems my tickets were no good! a long story and i don't have the energy to tell it all right now, went down to msg paid to park and got sofucking screwed! anger is not even the word right now...

hope everybody else has fun tonight
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    wow, thats a nightmare. Sorry to hear that.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    seems my tickets were no good! a long story and i don't have the energy to tell it all right now, went down to msg paid to park and got sofucking screwed! anger is not even the word right now...

Oh wow! I'm really so so sorry, I know how much you were looking forward to this show... this really kinda sucks :(
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011

what happened?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Im sure it involved some scum f***, and a lesson learned. I have been scammed before (not for tickets) and it is such a horrible feeling.

I hope you found a way to get in.
  • Options
    Biggest WaveBiggest Wave Posts: 686
    Wow. That really sucks. Funny how one persons day can suck so bad and anothers could be so great. I picked up my 10C tickets to find out that I won the lottery. 10th row aisle, Mike's side. One of the best shows of my life.
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    Wow. That really sucks. Funny how one persons day can suck so bad and anothers could be so great. I picked up my 10C tickets to find out that I won the lottery. 10th row aisle, Mike's side. One of the best shows of my life.
    YEAH THAT REALLY IS FUNNY.
  • Options
    skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894

That was unnecessary wasn't it? Why don't you squeeze some lemon juice on her wound as well!!!!!
  • Options
    Well i'm not really shure what happened, it was all 2nd and 3rd party shit so i am still trying to figure it out. Here is what i think happened.. i was supposed to get my tix from somebody who works for msg ticket dept. turns out that didn't happen, as it turns out the guy knew somebody else who had 2 extra tix and arrainged to but them from him, he "allegedly" got them off ebay or from somewhere. When my wife and i picked up our tix from will call they were in sec.341, they were supposed to be sec.97 so that was my first red flag, then we went to go in and the ticket taker scanned them and they were alerted that the credit card that was used was rejected and he told me to go to the window and figure it out. The guy at the window scanned them again and he told me..." these were reported lost or stolen and new tix were given" turns out i found the guy who actually bought the tix and told him what happened, he looking confident and a little cocky but confused wlaked to the same guy i did to check his tix and they also were reported lost or stolen! he screamed at the guy and cursed out ticketmaster. My question is how in the fuck can you just call ticketscam and report your tix lost or stolen and get new tix? since when? back in the day if you lost your tix or it was stolen you were fucked and that was it. So i guess i can buy tix, sell them to someone then report them lost get new tix and go for free with extra cash in my pocket. I have never been so pissed off in my entire life! add on to that i am really irish so my temper is twice as bad! what a f'n scam!
  • Options
    oh btw whoever was in sec 341, row d seats 8,9 fuck you and watch your back! we are coming for you....
  • Options
    oh btw whoever was in sec 341, row d seats 8,9 fuck you and watch your back! we are coming for you....

good luck with that, sounds like a job for inspector gadget.
    NO TIME TO BE VOID OR SAVE UP ON LIFE, YOU GOT TO SPEND IT ALL!!!!!!!
  • Options
    can you trace it back? go to the guy in the ticket dept. Find out who he got his tix from, contact them and so on?

I would be so furious (as I am sure you are).
  • Options
    yeah i have the tix still and they can be tracked. so as i said whoever you are do not rest so easy just yet, it's not complicated at all and i will not rest until i find you and do all i can to screw u like u screwed me...make sure u look in your rear view mirror for me, you have fucked with the wrong irishmen!
  • Options
    update...the a-hole who was supposed to get my tix called my mom and said he was sorry for the screw up and i will get my money back, he also told her when they play the beacon on the 1st he will get me tix at no charge and hard tix in my hand. wee shall see...as of last night tix for the beacon were $400 plus for upper balcony...so i ain't holding my breath
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    Hang on a second. You said they were reported lost or stolen and new tickets were given. Now the guy is saying sorry for the "screw up." That's not a screw up, if I am understanding this correctly.

I'd tell the guy if he does not refund your money and buy you those tickets, you will [fill in the blank]. Doesn't sound like an innocent error to me.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    He is giving me a refund, but i am pretty sure i will never get the whole story or the truth. people are just so fucked up...trust nobody!!!
  • Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    yeah i have the tix still and they can be tracked. so as i said whoever you are do not rest so easy just yet, it's not complicated at all and i will not rest until i find you and do all i can to screw u like u screwed me...make sure u look in your rear view mirror for me, you have fucked with the wrong irishmen!

Yeah, it makes you seem like somewhat less of a badass when you threaten to find him and get revenge...then just have him talk to your mom instead.
    update...the a-hole who was supposed to get my tix called my mom and said he was sorry for the screw up and i will get my money back, he also told her when they play the beacon on the 1st he will get me tix at no charge and hard tix in my hand. wee shall see...as of last night tix for the beacon were $400 plus for upper balcony...so i ain't holding my breath

You have fucked with the wrong Irishman's mother!
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    MrsOakleyMrsOakley Posts: 181
    That "sorry, I'll give you a refund and get you tix for the Beacon" routine sounds like homework assignment nine from the Scammer's Home Study Course Book. Call the state attorney general's office, no shit, we're not back in the day when someone would trade a bag of oregano to an idiot for $5 nosebleed seats and laugh all night, this is big business, this is also MAFIA business. You're probably not the first and won't be the last these people screw over, and of course, if any of this can be traced back to some schlub at MSG, well, sweet as candy. But life's handing you lemons, so SQUEEZE -- the best thing you can do now is get these bastards so they don't do to anyone else what they've done for you, don't let him put you off with any more phony sympathy and painfully earnest promises of making it up to you, and keep your Mom out of it!! But you call the AG's office and make a stink, try Betsy Gottbaum's office too, these people are paid to be Inspector Gadget, you're not (unless you're a cop, fucking hell!!!)
    "Over the dirt, we soar,
    on a search for anything pure."
    Say Goodbye
    jeff aTONEment
    "See, he's got me kinda riled already...jerk..."
    Stoney, about Eddie, with love! (And to his face!)
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    When tickets get lost or stolen, and you report it, I think what they might do is trace the order and cancell those tickets, so that when they read the barcode at the venue, they get a "cancelled" message - meaning the tickets are no longer any good. Then they can replace your tickets, and there are no duplicates - since the others have been cancelled. (problem is if those tickets were sold to someone - then that soemone, is screwed.)
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    SoybeansSoybeans Posts: 245
    A somewhat related story..........

On my way in, the people in front of me were stopped for having fake tickets. The girl was in tears. The scanner guy said "you know you bought these on the street, they're fakes, leave." Her freinds wanted to come back out with her to try to get replacement tickets, but they had real tix and had already been scanned, so he would not let them leave with her. Just an ugly scene. Don't ever buy tickets from scalpers. If you need to buy outside, make sure they're from a fan, and don't sell your extras to these guys either. You're just supporting their shitty business.
    90 shows and counting...some of my favs: Randall's Island night 2, Milwaukee '95 night 2, Hawaii '06, St Johns '05, PJ20!
  • Options
    138xxx138xxx Posts: 37
    For future shows at MSG, I noticed at window 1 was for ticket verification, if you are going to scalp have them verify the ticket and then you'll know for sure if your ticket will be good.
  • Options
    ballgameballgame Posts: 201
    and i don't have the energy to tell it all right now

yet you went ahead and made a thread about it
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    ballgame wrote:

Are you "the guy"???!!! :p
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    ballgame wrote:

it's called venting frustration...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    Well i'm not really shure what happened, it was all 2nd and 3rd party shit so i am still trying to figure it out. Here is what i think happened.. i was supposed to get my tix from somebody who works for msg ticket dept. turns out that didn't happen, as it turns out the guy knew somebody else who had 2 extra tix and arrainged to but them from him, he "allegedly" got them off ebay or from somewhere. When my wife and i picked up our tix from will call they were in sec.341, they were supposed to be sec.97 so that was my first red flag, then we went to go in and the ticket taker scanned them and they were alerted that the credit card that was used was rejected and he told me to go to the window and figure it out. The guy at the window scanned them again and he told me..." these were reported lost or stolen and new tix were given" turns out i found the guy who actually bought the tix and told him what happened, he looking confident and a little cocky but confused wlaked to the same guy i did to check his tix and they also were reported lost or stolen! he screamed at the guy and cursed out ticketmaster. My question is how in the fuck can you just call ticketscam and report your tix lost or stolen and get new tix? since when? back in the day if you lost your tix or it was stolen you were fucked and that was it. So i guess i can buy tix, sell them to someone then report them lost get new tix and go for free with extra cash in my pocket. I have never been so pissed off in my entire life! add on to that i am really irish so my temper is twice as bad! what a f'n scam!

sorry to hear that but you did try to go the inside way to get tickets did you try to score tickets thru tmaster or 10c like most of us the unconnected folks do .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    ballgameballgame Posts: 201
    Lizard wrote:
    Are you "the guy"???!!! :p

Yup! And Im also the guy (from another thread) who was peeing behind the board member here.

Yeah good times had by all

:)
  • Options
    The only reason my mom was involved is beacuse she was the one who know's the person who got me the tix. She set it all up. so to the jerk off who made the mom comment, fuck off and go back to picking your zits!

no, they have fucked with the wrong irishmen's family, even worse. i am getting my money back at least.
  • Options
    jenbedderjenbedder Posts: 15
    My son got scammed with bad Rangers tickets. It is SO unkind and infuriating.
    it makes much more sense
    to live in the present tense
  • Options
    When my wife and i picked up our tix from will call they were in sec.341, they were supposed to be sec.97 so that was my first red flag, then we went to go in and the ticket taker scanned them and they were alerted that the credit card that was used was rejected and he told me to go to the window and figure it out. The guy at the window scanned them again and he told me..." these were reported lost or stolen and new tix were given" turns out i found the guy who actually bought the tix and told him what happened, he looking confident and a little cocky but confused wlaked to the same guy i did to check his tix and they also were reported lost or stolen! he screamed at the guy and cursed out ticketmaster.

this doesn't make sense.... how could tickets being held at will call NOT be valid???? obviously, the tickets had been transferred into your name so that you could claim them since you weren't the original purchaser. but for them not to be valid makes no sense to me. tm has to track tickets and should have realised that this particular order had been reported as stolen.
    My question is how in the fuck can you just call ticketscam and report your tix lost or stolen and get new tix? since when? back in the day if you lost your tix or it was stolen you were fucked and that was it.

I've done this before... misplaced my Death Cab tix and called TM. All you need is the order number and the cc that was used for the order and tm will print up new tix for you and hold them at will call where you show i.d. and get the replacements.
    So i guess i can buy tix, sell them to someone then report them lost get new tix and go for free with extra cash in my pocket. I have never been so pissed off in my entire life! add on to that i am really irish so my temper is twice as bad! what a f'n scam!

I realized that this is a possibility when I had the DCfC tix reissued. However, TM can trace the original transaction and you can at least find out what name / credit card was used to scam you. You might miss a show, but can at least pursue going after the scammer.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    I know a guy who bought bogus MSG 1 tix for 100. The ticket people would not tell you if they were legit until the doors opened how lame! You have 15 windows of ticket people and not one would check the legitamacy of his ticket.
  • Options
    MSG 9/11/98, Jones Beach 8/24/2000, Saratoga 8/30/2000, Albany 4/29/03, Boston 7/2/03, Philly 7/5/03, MSG 7/9/03, Boston 9/29/04, Montreal 9/15/05, Albany 5/12/06, Hartford 5/13/06, Boston 5/24/06, Boston 5/25/06, Hartford 6/27/08, Boston 6/30/08, EV Boston 8/2/08