Options

Selling my Monday night Vancouver tickets, listing live

I'm heading to the Saturday night show, so I'm selling my Monday night tickets because I can't stay the extra time in Vancouver. The listing is now live, seats are great!

Pearl Jam - Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Mon, May 6 @ 7:30 PM

Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC

Section 116, Row 12, Seat 1
Section 116, Row 12, Seat 2

Listing #: CP48E006A

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,316
    Good luck, so many available seats for n2 :(
  • Options
    AntonelladAntonellad Posts: 3
    Fingers crossed :) 
  • Options
    Ticketmaster screwed over fans trying to sell their tickets to that second Vancouver show so bad. 
    You're lucky you only paid $208 for them. So many people bought PJ premium tickets at crazy prices and now have no hope of selling as you can get closer for way less money. 
    " Things were different then, all is different now "

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,293
    Ticketmaster screwed over fans trying to sell their tickets to that second Vancouver show so bad. 
    You're lucky you only paid $208 for them. So many people bought PJ premium tickets at crazy prices and now have no hope of selling as you can get closer for way less money. 
    How so? It was easy enough not to enter the lottery or buy premium 
  • Options
    Well yes obviously people had a choice whether to buy tickets at a premium or not but the way that Ticketmaster made it seem like the show was selling out so quickly and there was only limited tickets left in the upper deck was shady. 
    Obviously a couple weeks later when we found out that they had held back at least half of the lower bowl and then put them all up at premium pricing.
    Only to continue to lower the prices gradually and screw over a lot of people that bought early. 
    Just my opinion, and the way it kinda seemed to me. 
    " Things were different then, all is different now "

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,583
    Well yes obviously people had a choice whether to buy tickets at a premium or not but the way that Ticketmaster made it seem like the show was selling out so quickly and there was only limited tickets left in the upper deck was shady. 
    Obviously a couple weeks later when we found out that they had held back at least half of the lower bowl and then put them all up at premium pricing.
    Only to continue to lower the prices gradually and screw over a lot of people that bought early. 
    We first observed this in 2022. Vancouver equates to St Paul last year and what happened with inventory and pricing there. Patience rewarded.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    It is shady, but it's how TM operates.   They try to sell the worst tickets first, then sell the best ones, so anything left a day or two before tends to be good tickets.    It's shady, but makes sense from a business point of view.   Nosebleeds at the end are harder to sell.
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 639
    edited April 26
    Zod said:
    It is shady, but it's how TM operates.   They try to sell the worst tickets first, then sell the best ones, so anything left a day or two before tends to be good tickets.    It's shady, but makes sense from a business point of view.   Nosebleeds at the end are harder to sell.
    This! I only put in for 10C N1 as after reviewing the available 10C seat map I was concerned about the potential seat quality and felt 2 shows  for Vancouver should see plenty of availability and favour a patient buyer.

So glad that’s how I played this one but get this- I couldn’t even get a Verified Fan code for N2! The only thing decent left by 7:00 PM was in the$500-$1000 range.
    Post edited by DJ253147 on
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,302
    Unless you have a 10c number from the 1990’s it basically doesn’t make sense to enter the draw any more, except for overwhelming demand shows like MSG, Philly and Baltimore.  Or if you’re willing to gamble on GA even if it means paying for crappy tickets if you aren’t drawn.  

Not to pat myself on the back but I knew this was true based on 2023 and 2022 and indeed only entered for those 3 shows and the Saturday Vegas.  Went 2/4 but that’s beside the point.  

I’ll probably hit a dozen shows or so and wasn’t the least bit worried about getting shut out.  My worry was being stuck with unsellable extras.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Unless you have a 10c number from the 1990’s it basically doesn’t make sense to enter the draw any more, except for overwhelming demand shows like MSG, Philly and Baltimore.  Or if you’re willing to gamble on GA even if it means paying for crappy tickets if you aren’t drawn.  

Not to pat myself on the back but I knew this was true based on 2023 and 2022 and indeed only entered for those 3 shows and the Saturday Vegas.  Went 2/4 but that’s beside the point.  

I’ll probably hit a dozen shows or so and wasn’t the least bit worried about getting shut out.  My worry was being stuck with unsellable extras.  

On a positive I think this stops us from being a two 10c household.  My wife's membership is too new, and for both EV and PJ we've upgraded from the seats she's won in the lotto.  No real point keeping it, if we don't use the tickets.   Only said that's a positive because I've always felt mixed about being a two 10c household :)