Options

WRECKAGE

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 621
    This song connects with my soul and I’m not even sure why. But I cannot stop listening to it like a mental patient. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,793
    ZoSoTim said:
    This song connects with my soul and I’m not even sure why. But I cannot stop listening to it like a mental patient. 
    I feel this....SO HARD!

Well except I know why it connects with me but still, so damn good. 
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,018
    edited April 24
    PJammin' said:
    Right. It's one thing to not be feeling a song. Nobody likes everything. When I come across a song or thread like that, I generally say, "I'm not really enjoying this one but I'm glad others are." Major Comic Book Guy energy to a lot of the criticism on this thread. It's annoying. Just let people be excited.

Hardly anyone here can write even one good song but they are quick to say a certain PJ song sucks even though these guys are super talented and legit hall of fame musicians. It’s comical. 
    This is true with everything. 
    People say an NFL quarterback sucks, even though they've never played. Or MLB officials are terrible, even though they'd miss even more calls.
    They can be bad at what they do for the standards we have. I don't have to be an umpire to know Angel Hernandez makes horrible calls, and know I would probably be even worse.
    Pearl Jam is a great band, they're my favorite band. And as such, I have high standards for them. I can definitely think a song sucks despite the fact I can't write one better. If I made a list of my favorite 100 songs of all time, PJ would probably be on there 20 times. But they aren't going to hit a home run every time. There's definitely songs I'd be happy never hearing again.
    That being said, I do like Wreckage. Can't stand Buckle Up, I think this conversation started about Buckle Up. 
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 634
    i could absolutely outperform Angel Hernandez. That is not the same as saying I’d make a good ump, but it's still true.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,018
    edited April 24
    kmcmanus said:
    i could absolutely outperform Angel Hernandez. That is not the same as saying I’d make a good ump, but it's still true.
    I don't know. Unless you have some experience or training, I can't assume I'd do better. You're considered a horrible umpire if you miss a few calls on a ball traveling 95 mph with some movement and you're off by an inch on your judgement of where it was in relation to a plate on the ground you're not even looking at. Someone who is off by 1 inch 10% of the time will be considered one of the worst out there and known by anyone who even remotely follows the sport. Seems like a high standard. 
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,016
    I love the outtro…
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,407
    kmcmanus said:
    I think Angel was just paying tribute to the memory of Eric Gregg with his performance last weekend. Gregg giving Livan Hernandez 18 inches off the corner in the 1997 N.L.C.S. is still the gold standard of questionable strike-calling.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,167
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    No, when Stern asked about it Ed said no. I think the writer of an interview got his wires crossed on song titles and other outlets picked up on it. Ed said it’s about a relationship.
    Now Dark Matter & React, Respond are probably a different story. They are both certainly about abuse of power if not specifically Trump per se.

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,407
    kmcmanus said:
    No, when Stern asked about it Ed said no. I think the writer of an interview got his wires crossed on song titles and other outlets picked up on it. Ed said it’s about a relationship.
    Now Dark Matter & React, Respond are probably a different story. They are both certainly about abuse of power if not specifically Trump per se.

I agree. "React, Respond" is the one that, once I had the lyrics in front of me, made me think it could be about Trump. And "Dark Matter" and "Running" also seem plausibly like responses to the milieu in America since he came down the escalator in June 2015.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,040
    This song is like “Elderly Woman Behind the Counter In A Small Town” meets “Corduroy”
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,793
    I cannot wait to hear this live. 
    Two weeks in and it is still the stand out for me. 
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,835
    Song is actually growing on me. Kind of overstays its welcome at the end imo and is probably at the bottom 3 for me on the album. That said its way better than the songs that were at the bottom for me on their previous 3 albums. And it is not even close really. 
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,653
    edited May 2
    PJNB said:
    Song is actually growing on me. Kind of overstays its welcome at the end imo and is probably at the bottom 3 for me on the album. That said it’s way better than the songs that were at the bottom for me on their previous 3 albums. And it is not even close really. 
    I love this song, but I totally agree with this as a whole for this album. The bottom three songs on DM are much better than many songs on the previous three. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,326
    yosi said:
    PJNB said:
    Song is actually growing on me. Kind of overstays its welcome at the end imo and is probably at the bottom 3 for me on the album. That said it’s way better than the songs that were at the bottom for me on their previous 3 albums. And it is not even close really. 
    I love this song, but I totally agree with this as a whole for this album. The bottom three songs on DM are much better than many songs on the previous three. 
    I would say the bottom three on DM are better than a lot of the mid tier songs on Backspacer and LB. It's just a really solid album from start to finish. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,463
    yosi said:
    PJNB said:
    I would say the bottom three on DM are better than a lot of the mid tier songs on Backspacer and LB. It's just a really solid album from start to finish. 
    Agreed! IMO Wreckage is a kissing cousin to "The Long Way" from Earthling. Both great Tom Petty tributes. 
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,142
    Tour ready 
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,653
    yosi said:
    PJNB said:
    Throw in Gigaton as well. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,521
    This song plays much louder than the "loud" songs React/Respond & Dark Matter before & after on my earbuds. Is that compression?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,228
    This song plays much louder than the "loud" songs React/Respond & Dark Matter before & after on my earbuds. Is that compression?
    I have same issues, listen from Apple Music. Doesnt get loud, but when i go to anything else its LOUD

Sounds great in car at home, but on the run its tiny
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    I have same issues, listen from Apple Music. Doesnt get loud, but when i go to anything else its LOUD

I'm playing from Apple Music. Think I'm saying the opposite of what you're saying.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Delete Wreckage & redownload it. I had the same problem and that fixed it
  • Options
    kmcmanus said:
    Delete Wreckage & redownload it. I had the same problem and that fixed it
    I think that worked. Thanks!

• Options
    Lukin1699Lukin1699 Posts: 4
    CROJAM95 said:

It was the same for me - I had to turn off Dolby Atmos" and then it all sounded great.