Options

Marjorie Taylor Greene

1545556575860»

Comments

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    You're going to be cast out by the GOP if you say "nyet" to Russia.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    OnWis97 said:
    You're going to be cast out by the GOP if you say "nyet" to Russia.
    I'm not ready to throw in the towel on the moderate GOP quite yet.  

Here's a timely article about Mitch that was just published. Gift article. 

https://wapo.st/3QFObzp

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,655
    Maggie Three Names doing the dem chaos agents bidding again.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene detonates her plan to oust Speaker Johnson

But Democrats have promised to ride to the House speaker’s rescue, at least for now.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) on Wednesday morning triggered her motion to oust Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) as the top leader of the House, announcing she wants an imminent floor vote on the speaker’s future.

Her chances of success, however, are in doubt because House Democratic leadership has pledged to rescue Johnson from the congresswoman’s “motion to vacate” by attempting to kill the measure before it can gain any traction. Nonetheless, Republicans hold only a two-vote House majority and anything could happen in the volatile chamber where support from GOP hard-liners is always in question.

Standing alongside Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.), who also supports removing Johnson, Greene announced during a morning news conference that she is formally bringing up her motion next week. She intends to act under special rules forcing the House to vote on the motion within two full legislative days. The House is set to adjourn Wednesday evening and it’s unclear when Republican leadership will bring up the vote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/05/01/marjorie-taylor-greene-motion-to-vacate-house-speaker-mike-johnson/

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    Maggie Three Names doing the dem chaos agents bidding again.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene detonates her plan to oust Speaker Johnson

But Democrats have promised to ride to the House speaker’s rescue, at least for now.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) on Wednesday morning triggered her motion to oust Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) as the top leader of the House, announcing she wants an imminent floor vote on the speaker’s future.

Her chances of success, however, are in doubt because House Democratic leadership has pledged to rescue Johnson from the congresswoman’s “motion to vacate” by attempting to kill the measure before it can gain any traction. Nonetheless, Republicans hold only a two-vote House majority and anything could happen in the volatile chamber where support from GOP hard-liners is always in question.

Standing alongside Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.), who also supports removing Johnson, Greene announced during a morning news conference that she is formally bringing up her motion next week. She intends to act under special rules forcing the House to vote on the motion within two full legislative days. The House is set to adjourn Wednesday evening and it’s unclear when Republican leadership will bring up the vote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/05/01/marjorie-taylor-greene-motion-to-vacate-house-speaker-mike-johnson/

let her bring the vote. then let the dems save johnson so she will look as stupid as usual.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,411
    Seriously, dems in office are so naive.  Little Lord Farquaad (looks just like Johnson) just met with the number one POS and the dems are gonna save him.  Fool me once…
  • Options
    Seriously, dems in office are so naive.  Little Lord Farquaad (looks just like Johnson) just met with the number one POS and the dems are gonna save him.  Fool me once…
    Without that deal,  Ukraine would fall.  That's not being naive,  that's prioritizing. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Without that deal,  Ukraine would fall.  That's not being naive,  that's prioritizing. 
    Yes, there you go being right again. 😂 just once I wish the dems weren’t so nice and democratic. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    So what’s going on?  Surprised trump wanted Ukraine funded.  Everyday it’s something different.  This is why I hate politics.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    So what’s going on?  Surprised trump wanted Ukraine funded.  Everyday it’s something different.  This is why I hate politics.  
    He didn't.  Johnson cut a deal with democrats and moderate Republicans.  More Republicans voted against it than for it.  The deal was that the Ds would not let Johnson go down on the motion to vacate if he moved the bills.  That's a good deal. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    He didn't.  Johnson cut a deal with democrats and moderate Republicans.  More Republicans voted against it than for it.  The deal was that the Ds would not let Johnson go down on the motion to vacate if he moved the bills.  That's a good deal. 
    Yep... Great deal 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yep... Great deal 
    yeah i would take my chances with someone we know is bad like johnson than someone else who could be much worse, like, say, mtg.

i can live with johnson until the dems retake the house in november.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yep... Great deal 
    yeah i would take my chances with someone we know is bad like johnson than someone else who could be much worse, like, say, mtg.

Johnson has at least shown the ability to put the job before the party and work to get certain things done. It's a low bar, but it's better than what MTG and Gaetz and the like want.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,881
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yep... Great deal 

Johnson has at least shown the ability to put the job before the party and work to get certain things done. It's a low bar, but it's better than what MTG and Gaetz and the like want.

delayed 5 1/2 months longer than necessary, with an only if it includes xyz demand which was given and then declined.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yep... Great deal 

delayed 5 1/2 months longer than necessary, with an only if it includes xyz demand which was given and then declined.
    Yes I agree.  He wouldn't move it until he knew he was safe.  

I mean, it's better than McCarthy though.  But I would not quite call it principled, only "better than the rest". 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,881
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14