Options

Queens of the Stone Age

1616263646567»

Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,547
    edited April 24
    I slept on Lullabies when it came out... I loved SFTD, and dug on Rated R, but hadn't caught on yet to the self titled or LTP when my buddy introduced me to EV... that was the album that really opened my eyes to their genius. 
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,873
    EV is better than Lullabies imo. The bsides are even better and would’ve made the album that much stronger. 
  • Options
    Having said that, EV, R & LTP are probably my least favorite albums by them... not that they're anything to sneeze at, the bar's just set impossibly high by the rest of the catalog.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,007
    EV is my least favorite....LTP is my top though. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,894
    I love the raw guitar sound on EV. I think I love EV so much as that's when they came to winnipeg twice in 6 months for that record. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,185
    This is cool but can they please please book a proper headlining show in Boston

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,709
    From the other night in Portsmouth. Great show.  Royal Blood is always awesome. 

• Options
    pjl44 said:

Hopefully we get a show on the 27th or 28th? 

1 since 2013 is rough. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,185
    pjl44 said:

1 since 2013 is rough. 
    No other fall dates yet so the possibilities are endless
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

1 since 2013 is rough. 
    Portland has had more headlining shows in 11 years. (Which were both f’ing sick) 

The fact alone that they have a fall date in the northeast is a good sign. 
  • Options
    RoeDawg13RoeDawg13 Posts: 247
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

1 since 2013 is rough. 
    Portland has had more headlining shows in 11 years. (Which were both f’ing sick) 

The fact alone that they have a fall date in the northeast is a good sign. 

Really hoping for an upstate NY date too
    I am wired and fading...
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,124
    mrussel1 said:

Royal Blood drummer really downsized his kit.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,996
    mrussel1 said:

catching royal blood this weekend at Sonic Temple
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,894
    love RB's music, kind of act like a stadium act, pretty ridiculous, but hey, play to the audience you want, not the one you have, right?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,709
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

They're done opening on this tour?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,996
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

They're done opening on this tour?

cant speak to that. they have a sunday afternoon slot. queens have a few days off this weekend?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14