Options

Official Kings of Leon Thread

Comments

• Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,048
    Excellent stuff right there!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,340
    Yeah rocks! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,866
    Yeah rocks! 
    Can’t get enough. That middle part reminds me of Boy-War era u2 
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,985
    Kings of Leon are back, great song!
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,184
    (I like all three songs)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I can’t express how excited I am for this album. 
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,987
    Three ‘singles’ and all quite different in every way. Looking forward to the album in May!? Might give me a break from Dark Matter. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,016
    Digging the new single 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    edited May 9
    New record in a here! Available for streaming here in Oz. 

Might have to give Dark Matter a rest for a tiny bit 😜
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    I cannot wait 
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,829

How is it? Waiting for my vinyl to land 
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,252
    Kings of Leon, PJ and vampire weekend all within one month. Hot damn I’m happy.
  • Options
    edited May 10

Just the one full listen. I’d label it as ‘considered’ and ‘mature’. Not very rocking. But I’ve had one listen so make of that what you will. Will look forward to further listens. 
    Post edited by BrainofBGA on
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 324
    This is the ultimate example of the power of publicists and "narratives" around an album launch. This happens all the time. Everything leading up to this album coming out today is that is is "exciting, fun, refreshed, etc."

Ive listened twice now all the way through and its the same old same old with KOL. Mostly midtempo songs that just really don't go anywhere. Two, maybe...three "rockers"/

I cant believe, in 2024, that I am agreeing with anything from NME but their review is spot on, IMO, if you want to read the review.
  • Options
    clayton12 said:
    This is the ultimate example of the power of publicists and "narratives" around an album launch. This happens all the time. Everything leading up to this album coming out today is that is is "exciting, fun, refreshed, etc."

Ive listened twice now all the way through and its the same old same old with KOL. Mostly midtempo songs that just really don't go anywhere. Two, maybe...three "rockers"/

I cant believe, in 2024, that I am agreeing with anything from NME but their review is spot on, IMO, if you want to read the review.
    I actually became a fan once they went in that direction. First one isn’t my cup of tea at all. Second was is better. I love BOTT and Only by the night. CAS is my favorite from them. So I don’t mind what you’re saying. I don’t throw on KOL when I wanna rock out.
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 642

Just the one full listen. I’d label it as ‘considered’ and ‘mature’. Not very rocking. But I’ve had one listen so make of that what you will. Will look forward to further listens. 
    Felt almost exactly like this on first listen. Had one listen this morning while out on a walk. Enjoyed it, but was a little underwhelmed and thought it sounded a little too much like When You See Yourself which I consider their worst effort. Hit repeat in the car on the way to work and the songs (especially the run of Rainbow Ball - Nowhere to Run - Mustang - Actual Daydream) really started to click with me. I think this album will be a grower and definitely an improvement over WYSY. How much higher on the album rankings it will rise remains to be seen.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,184
    nicknyr15 said:
    clayton12 said:

I actually became a fan once they went in that direction. First one isn’t my cup of tea at all. Second was is better. I love BOTT and Only by the night. CAS is my favorite from them. So I don’t mind what you’re saying. I don’t throw on KOL when I wanna rock out.
    Same
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,499
    Not feeling this album at all. I think it might be worse than the previous one which I didn't like at all either.
  • Options
    dwjmu84dwjmu84 Posts: 360
    edited May 12
    It’s a sleeper. Really disappointed outside of a couple tracks. I do like split screen though. 

I did come around to when you see yourself somewhat, but it has little staying power. Walls was enjoyable and really dug a good handful of those tracks.

CAS was the last really great record. Man that run from BOTT through CAS was just epic. 

PJ’s had one forgettable record in my opinion (LB). It just makes you really appreciate what they’ve done and now Dark Matter just oozing quality …man we are lucky. 

Please, do not whither as it appears KOL is doing. Just call it a day if they ever make music this boring and forgettable. 

• Options
    RansomPTDRansomPTD Posts: 296
    dwjmu84 said:
    It’s a sleeper. Really disappointed outside of a couple tracks. I do like split screen though. 

I did come around to when you see yourself somewhat, but it has little staying power. Walls was enjoyable and really dug a good handful of those tracks.

CAS was the last really great record. Man that run from BOTT through CAS was just epic. 

PJ’s had one forgettable record in my opinion (LB). It just makes you really appreciate what they’ve done and now Dark Matter just oozing quality …man we are lucky. 

Please, do not whither as it appears KOL is doing. Just call it a day if they ever make music this boring and forgettable. 

Agree with this take. After hearing Mustang and NothingTo Do I was excited that they were playing fast again. Something you could tap your feet to. After listening to the whole album it’s just so-so. 
  • Options
    Two misleading singles and a misleading album title had people’s expectations way off imo. This is kings of Leon. It’s nothing revolutionary but it’s a solid entry. Way better than WYSY. There’s at least 4-5 songs that are better than anything on WYSY and 2 that are better than anything since CAS. The production is garbage. Not sure why everything needs a wall of sound, multiple synths and terrible effect on Caleb’s vocals. Judging from that barn livestream, the dude can still sing incredibly. No need for these awful effects. 6/10 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,178
    Cool album! I recently put their collective works into one playlist and hit shuffle. This one fits right in. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    After a few extra listens it is starting to grow on me. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    After a few extra listens it is starting to grow on me. 
    Absolutely. It’s way better than the last one. On par with WALLS. 
  • Options
    Still digesting this one, but it has inspired me to revisit some old albums and I can’t get enough of Mechanical Bull right now….
  • Options
    Still digesting this one, but it has inspired me to revisit some old albums and I can’t get enough of Mechanical Bull right now….
    Man that’s interesting. For me it’s one of my least favorites. Has some killer songs but also the most skips for me personally. I do LOVE the B side Work on Me. 
  • Options
    I really love the record before too, which sounds pretty unpopular with this group? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Come around sundown is still the best. It’s one of my favorite pieces of vinyl, the artwork fits the album perfectly. Radioactive may be one of the best songs in the catalog.
  • Options
    Come around sundown is still the best. It’s one of my favorite pieces of vinyl, the artwork fits the album perfectly. Radioactive may be one of the best songs in the catalog.
    I completely missed that record and only just really listened to it in the last year. 
    www.cluthelee.com