Options

Mansfield Comcast Center

Born2JamBorn2Jam Posts: 255
edited July 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Anyone else spend 2-1/2 hours getting out of the parking lot?
That place is crazy to leave after a show!

And the trash..........holy litterbugs, Batman.
I am still in awe of how much garbage people left behind. I had to dodge beer bottles driving out so I wouldn't get a flat tire.
Come on people........whatever shit you bring to a concert, throw it away or take it home with you.
What's so hard about that?
"This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MelissaphishMelissaphish Posts: 150
    It is well woerth the $40 for premium parking - only took me about 20 minutes to get out.....
    Boston Garden 5/25/06
    Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Madison Square Garden 6/24/08 and 6/25/08
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The answers are fatal......
  • Options
    Born2JamBorn2Jam Posts: 255
    I saw that as I was driving in, and thought, nawww.....it won't take THAT long to get out. Next time, I'm forking over the dough for premium.
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
  • Options
    MelissaphishMelissaphish Posts: 150
    Yup, I have spent countless hours trying to get out of that place and will never not pay for premium parking again. It sucks.
    Boston Garden 5/25/06
    Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Madison Square Garden 6/24/08 and 6/25/08
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The answers are fatal......
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    I did the premium parking on Friday. How much did the normal parking cost?
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    NothingSoundNothingSound Posts: 198
    Parked in lot 5 last night, was back on the highway at 11:30. Last Wednesday I was in lot 9 and didn't get out until 12:40. I guess it's all where you park after all. Or I was just really lucky last night.
  • Options
    AnthonyD1987AnthonyD1987 Boston, MA Posts: 347
    I was in Lot B last night. As soon as the show ended me and my friend ran back to my car, and we were out within 20 minutes. On Saturday I waited a little over an hour.
    492xxx

2006: Boston 1 and 2
    2008: MSG 1 and 2, Mansfield 1 and 2
    2010: Boston
    2012: Made in America Philly
  • Options
    Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    I would either drop the $40 for the premium or spend $20 like I did last night, walk the 20 minutes back to my car and be on the road 15 minutes after that. I got stuck in that lot once for 3 hours and I will never park in there again.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    Premium both nights. The only way to go. 20 minutes each time.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    $20 once again outside of the venue. Took about 20 mins, so I have no complaints :)
  • Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    We parked in Lot B, left right after Footsteps, made it to the car and were on the Highwat @ 11:00.
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    Everything about the Mansfield hole is very unfriendly to fans. It all starts with the police in the lots. The lines were so long for everything (beer, entry, will call, exit) and slow moving. This is a very unfriendly place. And to top it off, I actually witnessed 3 fist fights. Meatheads, please stay home. Catch slipknot and disturbed if you want to beat someone up. PJ has always been and always will be a source of tranquility and sanctuary in a very f ed up world. Shame on you meatheads for ruining that precious moment for even one second.

If I ever have the choice again, I will always go to the hartford venue over mansfield. Even with the cops and their pepper spray, its a much better environment.
  • Options
    gadzooked1 wrote:
    Everything about the Mansfield hole is very unfriendly to fans. It all starts with the police in the lots. The lines were so long for everything (beer, entry, will call, exit) and slow moving. This is a very unfriendly place. And to top it off, I actually witnessed 3 fist fights. Meatheads, please stay home. Catch slipknot and disturbed if you want to beat someone up. PJ has always been and always will be a source of tranquility and sanctuary in a very f ed up world. Shame on you meatheads for ruining that precious moment for even one second.

If I ever have the choice again, I will always go to the hartford venue over mansfield. Even with the cops and their pepper spray, its a much better environment.

Meatheads are native to the Boston area. They go to every show there. Nothing can be done about them.
  • Options
    IamMine96IamMine96 Posts: 29
    I parked in the $30 parking lot across from the exit out of the main parking lots and i waited maybe 5 minutes to leave. It was great because i'm from the philly area and was expecting to be waiting more then an hour to leave
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,178
    Parked in the free lots for both shows.

Got there around 2:30 for both shows.

Section 5 Saturday...was out of the lot in 10-15 minutes

Last night was in lot 2-3 I believe and it was even quicker. I was out in 10 minutes.

I have had some really bad experiences in the free lots, but not this time!
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,319
    The wait to get out of the parking lot sucked, but at least parking was free.

What bugged me, though, was how freaking crowded the venue was before, during, and after the show. Took forever to get a beer, use the bathroom, and exit at the end.

Seemed way smaller than the Camden venue, which is weird.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    WastedteenWastedteen Posts: 17
    If you don't mind walking about 20 mins, go park at the Great Woods mall in Norton. You don't have to pay and it's not a very long walk. If you eat at the McDonald's you can walk off all the crappy food you've put into your system. I parked there in 2005 and again last night and had no trouble. They won't tow you for parking there.

And when you leave, DON'T head back to Mansfield. Head south through Norton on 140 then take a left onto 123 which brings right onto the interstate a couple miles down from the Mansfield exit. You can be flying doing 75mph and passing eveyone else merging onto the highway at 25mph in a 2 mile backup. Take my advice. It took me a bunch of concerts at the Woods but I finally figured it out.
  • Options
    Wastedteen wrote:
    If you don't mind walking about 20 mins, go park at the Great Woods mall in Norton. You don't have to pay and it's not a very long walk. If you eat at the McDonald's you can walk off all the crappy food you've put into your system. I parked there in 2005 and again last night and had no trouble. They won't tow you for parking there.

And when you leave, DON'T head back to Mansfield. Head south through Norton on 140 then take a left onto 123 which brings right onto the interstate a couple miles down from the Mansfield exit. You can be flying doing 75mph and passing eveyone else merging onto the highway at 25mph in a 2 mile backup. Take my advice. It took me a bunch of concerts at the Woods but I finally figured it out.

Either that or don't make that left onto 495 and drive through downtown Mansfield and pick up I-95 bypassing 495 altogether.

I wasn't harassed by the cops last night, but I did notice that while they were all over before the show, afterwards they were all standing around. You'd think they would have to direct traffic and/or crowd control as 1000s of people walk through a parking lot with 1000s of cars trying to leave.
  • Options
    Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    I havent read many posts about the coppers in the parking lots last night? I assume it was more laid back with less harrassment than MAN1 ?

Yes, I am from MA and we do have more than our fair share of meatheads around here. Just ignore them and they go away. Its when they provoke you and you respond that they get all fired up.

Meatheads - just ignore em'. Yelling at them to put their fucking shirts on is not the answer. :)
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,178
    I havent read many posts about the coppers in the parking lots last night? I assume it was more laid back with less harrassment than MAN1 ?

Yes, I am from MA and we do have more than our fair share of meatheads around here. Just ignore them and they go away. Its when they provoke you and you respond that they get all fired up.

Meatheads - just ignore em'. Yelling at them to put their fucking shirts on is not the answer. :)

I was shocked how much more laid back it was last night. I don't even think we were talked to at all, as opposed to Saturday when we were one step away from a body cavity search.

Not sure why the difference, but thank god for it (Although, I still did see a few people who had their tickets taken away and told to leave or go to jail).
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    I was shocked how much more laid back it was last night. I don't even think we were talked to at all, as opposed to Saturday when we were one step away from a body cavity search.

Not sure why the difference, but thank god for it (Although, I still did see a few people who had their tickets taken away and told to leave or go to jail).

Show was on a Monday instead of a Saturday. Showed up at a side lot same time both nights - Saturday was almost full - Monday - one of the first ones there. People tailgated for a long time on Satuday.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options

Double Post.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329

Some of them were being douche bags. I walked into the premium lot to meet up with a few of my buddies that I went to college with. As soon as I got there the cops were all over a bunch of guys about 5 cars down. We were playing it pretty cool and we were finishing up our beers, just about to go in, when they rode by and saw a guy we were with take a sip of his beer and then they started giving us shit. I think the phrase from one of them was, "Either you stay here and finish your beers and we'll arrest you or you can go into the show." Mind you, we're not college kids, we're all 30 and over and being respectfull while we were there. They made the guys we were with get rid of all their beers. We didn't let it ruin our experience though.

Even a close friend of mine, who is a cop, said they were being assholes.

EDIT: Quoted the wrong poster. Whoops.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    I was in lot 10- did not get out until 1. It was a stand still until they opened up the side exit- then it took less than 10 to leave.
  • Options
    Show was on a Monday instead of a Saturday. Showed up at a side lot same time both nights - Saturday was almost full - Monday - one of the first ones there. People tailgated for a long time on Satuday.

If they don't want people drinking in the lots, don't open the lots until an hour before showtime. It's simple as that.
  • Options
    If they don't want people drinking in the lots, don't open the lots until an hour before showtime. It's simple as that.

Now that would be interesting with the traffic jams and getting your 10c tickets!

Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

• Options
    Now that would be interesting with the traffic jams and getting your 10c tickets!

Not in the 10c (sadly I missed out, feel like it's useless to join at this point) so I didn't think of that.
  • Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    Yeah... unfortunately Mansfield is not friendly to first-timers.
    The thing to do is grab 4 friends (if possible) and park in the pay lot that is on the right just before the main entrance. I did that both nights & my friends and I didn't get hassled once. The cops made the rounds on Saturday but it was to talk to people who had open flames.

It's also key to get in there when the doors open if you want any chance of getting a beer.

Next time I hope they play the Garden. I'd rather fight the meatheads at the Harp than deal with law enforcement. And not watch the houselights come on at 10:59.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,535
    now that it's all over, i have 2 words: Reservoir St. :)

took 15 minutes to get from the venue gates to the car after picking up the poster each night, we were driving on I-495 no later than 11:45pm after each show. there was NO way i was going to pay $40 for VIP parking each night, so the free parking was worth the walk :D
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I have no qualms with FREE parking. take note Camden, but it was a cluster**** trying to leave from lot 6 last night. Show over 11:04/05 . Wasn't able to exit lot until 12:55. The Camden ferry was less of a headache.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    I was also in Lot 6. We left as soon as RITFW was ending, ran to the car and was out of Lot 6 (carpool lot) in under 3 minutes. We were in Lot 11 on Saturday, took us like 25 minutes to get out. I'd rather leave the show 35 seconds early and get out of there than wave goodbye to the band from Section 4 and not get home til 3 am. But then again, that's my choice and if people want to stay til the last second and call it disrespectful to leave 30 seconds early, then that's theirs.

that lot is probably one of the worst on the planet though. What a disaster.