Options

Ten Club tix

TooMuchBloodTooMuchBlood Posts: 312
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
What is up what the ticket-distribution snafu for this short tour.? I don't get it. I saw and heard about it in Camden, and then I hear about it again in Hartford.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    What is up what the ticket-distribution snafu for this short tour.? I don't get it. I saw and heard about it in Camden, and then I hear about it again in Hartford.

No snafu in Hartford... People just waited too long to go up and get their tickets because there was alot of tailgating going on...
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • Options
    ctsufer31ctsufer31 Boston, MA Posts: 33
    I have been to a few other Pearl Jam shows in Hartford and this was a really bad experience. The Fan Club line was incredibly long. I waited over an hour and a half just to get my fan club tickets. I ended up missing the first six songs. It appears that the major issue was security. There was one guy only allowing one person to go to will call line for the fan club. I know that I will be sending an email to the fan club about this.

If you were in that line, you need to let the club know. This should happen to anyone.
    Pearl Jam
    Hartford 10-02-1996, Hartford 09-13-1998, Mansfield 08-29-2000, Albany 04-29-2003, Mansfield 07-02-2003, NYC 07-09-2003, Boston 09-28-2004, Toronto 09-19-2005, Albany 05-12-2006, Boston 05-25-2006, E. Rutherford 06-03-2006, Hartford 06-27-2008, Mansfield 06-28-2008, Mansfield 06-30-2008, Boston 05-17-2010, Toronto 09-11-2011, Worcester 10-15-2013, Worcester 10-16-2013, Quebec City 05-05-2016
    Eddie Vedder
    Boston 08-01-2008, Providence 06-15-2011, Boston 06-16-2011
    Tres Mts.
    Boston 03-27-2011
  • Options
    sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    ctsufer31 wrote:
    I have been to a few other Pearl Jam shows in Hartford and this was a really bad experience. The Fan Club line was incredibly long. I waited over an hour and a half just to get my fan club tickets. I ended up missing the first six songs. It appears that the major issue was security. There was one guy only allowing one person to go to will call line for the fan club. I know that I will be sending an email to the fan club about this.

If you were in that line, you need to let the club know. This should happen to anyone.

Sorry to say, but if you waited 1.5 hours in line to get your tickets and you missed the first 6 songs... Let see... they began playing around 9:25, so the sixth song would have started around 9:45, give or take, so you got in line for your tickets at 8:15 for a 7:30 show....

How do you blame 10C or the venue staff for that???
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:
    Sorry to say, but if you waited 1.5 hours in line to get your tickets and you missed the first 6 songs... Let see... they began playing around 9:25, so the sixth song would have started around 9:45, give or take, so you got in line for your tickets at 8:15 for a 7:30 show....

This post makes a hell of a lot of sense.

The line was long, but it sounds as if some people wanted to tailgate a little too long.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    there was NO FUCKING WAY anyone could expect the 10C line to be that bad. it did not fucking move. if you weren't there, you don't have a fucking clue. your opinion is beyond worthless. don't try to be a fucking smart aleck.

eventually they opened new lines for 10C and it started moving. why didn't they do this sooner??!???

anyway, good night. tomorrow is a new day.
  • Options
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:
    No snafu in Hartford... People just waited too long to go up and get their tickets because there was alot of tailgating going on...

wow, you couldn't be more wrong. were you there?
  • Options
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:

PJ was scheduled to hit the stage @ 9:15, many of us were in line for over an hour before then. (To those who keep saying "line opens @ 2, some of us don't feel the need to get to the venue 6 or 7 hours early...or have jobs, or lives,) Anyway, I know I didn't get in until after the 9th fucking song...because the LINE was not moving for an hour. It had NOTHING to do with too many people. Just piss poor organization & no explanation.
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    yeah, I guess I should have left Long island at 10:00 A.M to get there when the ticket window opened. My 2 year old could have watched the 2 month old until Mommy got home from work at 4 P.M
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924
    Getting your 10c tix is the first thing you should be doing when you get to the venue.

No beers, no J's, no butts.......head right over and get your tix, then you can relax.
  • Options
    These posts never go well. Let the people vent if their "gripe" has some merit.
    Does it really hurt you or me? Don't read the post if you will be offended.
    Why do people feel the need to start blaming the person who left the message.
    Yes, if you sat in the parking lot tailgating you should be kicking yourself. You didn't see it coming, but it could have been avoided.
    Many people really do have work or child care issues.
    You and I would be pissed too, if ran out of work and through traffic and this happens to us.
    Not one person blamed the ten club. The venues are being blamed.
    If the gripes(and gripes of ticket switches by box office employees...I was definately a victim last tour) are true lets hear about them.
    I learn from them.
    Now, I know not to buy tickets to a show far from home on a workday due to these problems. Thanks for venting, it helps us all out.
  • Options
    annann Mystic, CT Posts: 4
    Hartford was show #17 for me, and I've never seen it this bad. By the time we waded through the crowds from our parking lot around 7:30 (no, we didn't even stop for 1 beer), the 10c line was more than an hour deep and was stopped dead. Most people in line were not drunk tailgaters waiting until the last second; they were paying fans who didn't deserve to wait in 200% humidity while the 10c ticket distributors operated out of one window (not even broken up automatically). Let us bitch - we deserve a little venting. And the 10c needs to know about problems at Hartford so they don't happen again. Dontchathink?
    7.18.92 (Mountain View, CA), 11.1.92 (Mountain View, CA), 10.28.93 (San Francisco, CA), 10.30.93 (San Jose, CA), 6.24.95 (SF, CA), 10.24.96 (Cork, Ireland), 11.18.97 (Oakland, CA), 6.26.98 (East Troy, WI), 6.27.98 (East Troy, WI), 6.29.98 (Chicago, IL), 8.29.00 (Mansfield, MA), 9.4.00 (Columbia, MD), 6.2.03 (Irvine, CA), 6.3.03 (Irvine, CA), 5.25.06 (Boston, MA), 9.26.06 (Zagreb, Croatia), 8.05.07 (Chicago, IL), 6.27.08 (Manchester, CT), 5.15.10 (Hartford, CT), 10.25.13 (Hartford, CT), 11.29.13 (Portland, OR), 9.26.15 (New York, NY), 5.2.16 (New York, NY), 5.5.16 (Quebec City, Canada), 8.7.16 (Boston, MA), 8.10.18 (Seattle, WA), 9.2.18 (Boston, MA), 9.4.18 (Boston, MA)
  • Options
    PJ Mom from LIPJ Mom from LI Glen Cove NY Posts: 48
    I agree, those of us trapped on the line, want and need, to let the 10c know how fustrating it was. I've been to over 20 shows, and have NEVER experienced this (includng going out of the U.S. to see PJ!). After parking and hiking to the venue, it was 7:55 p.m., more then enough time for tix pickup, normally, no one expected that line. Ultimately, it was the venue's problem, they do not have enough ticket windows to accomodate situations where there is a need for both will call and fan club, 8 ticket windows; 4 for will call and 4 for fan club.
    96 - Randall's Island, NY
    00 - Wantagh, NY
    03 - Uniondale,NY/MSG/Holmdel, NJ
    05 - Ottawa,ON, Canada/Atlantic City, NJ
    06 - Hartford, CT/E. Rutherford, NJ
    08 - MSG/Hartford, CT
    09 - Chicago, IL/Philly, PA
    10 - Hartford,CT/Newark, NJ/MSG
    11 - East Troy, WI
    13 - Chicago, IL/Brooklyn, NY/Seattle, WA
    14 - Stockholm/Oslo
    15 - New York, NY
    16 - New York/Boston
    17 - Brooklyn, NY 
    18 - Seattle/Boston
    22 - MSG/Nashville
  • Options
    John_AJohn_A Posts: 7
    I have been to over 20 shows since 1991 and I have never seen it this bad. My wife and I were caught up in traffice so a 2.5 hour drive from NJ took us over 4 hours. Those of you without a family cannot appreciate the fact that kids need baby sitters. We had to park a mile away and by the time we hit the line at 8pm it was at least a quarter of a mile long. The ticket window was poorly run. If you were not there I suggest that you give the people that were there a break. We waited in line until 9:53pm to get our tickets. I called 10c and they responded right away by contacting people at the venue. In short, the band should not play this venue as security was terrible and it was poorly organized all around from tickets to parking to the exit of the stadium after the show.
  • Options
    John_AJohn_A Posts: 7
    I have been to over 20 shows since 1991 and I have never seen it this bad. My wife and I were caught up in traffice so a 2.5 hour drive from NJ took us over 4 hours. Those of you without a family cannot appreciate the fact that kids need baby sitters. We had to park a mile away and by the time we hit the line at 8pm it was at least a quarter of a mile long. The ticket window was poorly run. If you were not there I suggest that you give the people that were there a break. We waited in line until 9:53pm to get our tickets. I called 10c and they responded right away by contacting people at the venue. In short, the band should not play this venue as security was terrible and it was poorly organized all around from tickets to parking to the exit of the stadium after the show.
  • Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 804
    I was there. Got in line a little after 7 PM. Took 5-10 minutes tops. People waited way to long. Now the quality of tix, thats another story. I was at least 15 rows worse than '06. :(
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    marjen wrote:
    I was there. Got in line a little after 7 PM. Took 5-10 minutes tops. People waited way to long. Now the quality of tix, thats another story. I was at least 15 rows worse than '06. :(
    Yeah - that's crazy... I was like... 7 worse but I was blaming the lotto for 4 of those.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    i hate that venue. Every show I ever saw there something was ass-backwards.
  • Options
    I fully admit I was tailgating (having a great time, in fact) and my friends and I did not make our way to the line until 8:50. I thought maybe I might miss the first song, and I was OK with that. But when we got to the line, and started walking back to the end of the line, we chatted with people who had been waiting in this line for a long time already. The line was nearly stagnant for a long time. This was the venues fault, I assume. They did not use their staff appropriately, and they didn't respond quickly enough to correct the situation.

I have never seen a line like this. I'm kicking myself for not picking up the tickets before I started partying in the lot, but I really don't see how I could have predicted this.
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    After the Camden problems I would have thought people would have learned...

I stood in line for 7 minute, had a really nice person help me, and my seats were pretty good!

I LOVE THE 10 CLUB!

Moral of this story.... tailgating is for amaturs!
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    GangstacroGangstacro Posts: 104
    I am sure the 10C line was poorly managed, as this venue has a history of shadiness.

However, as many have stated, if you got in line by 7:30 or so, you were fine, and had basically no wait. It is apparent that everyone waited till 8:00 or later to pick up the tickets. If everyone does this, there will be a bottle neck and the wait will be long.

Sure, there should have been more booths, etc, but you have no control over this. What you do have control over is going to pick up tickets prior to when the concert starts (7:30). That just make sense to me. When I get to a venue, the first thing I do is get my tickets. Now I do feel bad for those who were running late because of work, family obligations like kids, etc, but I am pretty sure from my experience at Hartford, that the main cause of this was excessive tailgating, not people who were late due to traffic.
  • Options
    After the Camden problems I would have thought people would have learned...

I stood in line for 7 minute, had a really nice person help me, and my seats were pretty good!

I LOVE THE 10 CLUB!

Moral of this story.... tailgating is for amaturs!

there's really no point in responding to you is there?
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    there's really no point in responding to you is there?
    LOL... I just love to poke!
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    I got there at 8pm after driving 5 hours to get there. There is no reason to have to wait 2 hours on line for tickets. And to those who say it was tailgating that was the problem, all the people around me were not drinking. They too just arrived and had to wait on that horrible line. I wouldnt wish that on anyone. I ended up missng 7 seven songs.. Thank god im going to see them at the Beacon tuesday. I would hate for this to be my last concert until next tour. Hartford sucks and i voe never to go to a concert there again.

The set list was AMAZING tonight! Sad i missed some of it.
    9/10/98 MSG; 8/23/00 & 8/24/00 Jones Beach; 7/8/03 MSG; 7/14/03 PNC; 9/16/05 Corel Centre(Ottawa); 5/13/06 Hartford; 5/28/06 Camden; 6/1/06 & 6/3/06 Continental; 8/5/07 Lollapalooza; 6/20/08 Camden; 6/24/08 & 6/25/08 MSG; 6/27/08 Hartford;7/1/08 Beacon; 8/28/09 Outsides Lands Festival; 10/28/09 & 10/31/09 Spectrum; 5/15/10 Hartford; 5/20/10 & 5/21/10 MSG; 9/3/11 & 9/4/11 PJ20 WI; 10/18/13 & 10/19/13 Barclay Center; 10/22/13 Philly; 9/26/15 Global Citizen NYC; 5/1/16 & 5/2/16 MSG
  • Options
    NCFUSERNCFUSER Posts: 29
    My 2 cents.

If there was only one window, that is total BS.
    And that is ultimately the TenClub's fault.
    They choose to have people pick up at the venue day of show.
    So they need to insure proper staff is there to handle the crowd, not the venue.
    If they choose to use venue box office, they better know how many they get, etc. If the venue only has one window, then the 10C needs to finds 5-7 people to set up outside the window to hand out tickets. You bought the tickets thru 10c, therefore they are responsible.

Listen I love the 10C. All 3 shows this tour I waited a total of 5 minutes. But I did get there early because I took off of work or it was weekend. But heading in to venues, the line was long. And that was with 4-7 windows. So I can only imagine how long that line was last night with ONE window.

I think the 10c needs to send all 10C ticket holders last night a free boot of the show since they may have missed some songs.
    9/29/1996, 8/28/1998, 8/29/1998, 9/8/1998, 8/25/2000, 9/1/2000, 9/2/2000, 4/28/2003, 5/03/2003, 7/5/2003, 7/6/2003, 10/01/2004, 9/19/2005, 10/1/2005, 10/3/2005, 5/27/2006, 5/28/2006, 5/30/2006, 6/26/2006, 4/15/2008. 6/19/2008, 6/20/2008, 6/22/2008, 8/16/2008
  • Options
    I waited patientally just down from the ten club box office for my ticket to arrive, with my fucking suitcase and all. I waited from 6.20pm til 8.30 as my friend was running late. That Line that everyone is so pissed about, did not form until atleast 7.45pm.

People, if you are spending to much time in the car park drinking etc, blame no one else but yourselves. No One.

Gonna be a great show tonight and Monday then back home to Melbourne, Aus. Worth all the While.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    NCFUSER wrote:
    My 2 cents.

If there was only one window, that is total BS.
    And that is ultimately the TenClub's fault.

There was only one window in WPB and in Columbia- and had no problems there- quit blaming the 10 club for waiting too long before getting your tickets
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    went to 4 shows got my tickets very easy,sorry for the others that had problems
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    mad6cmad6c Posts: 10
    Just to add to the fire. I was at Camden as well and it was a joy in comparison to what went on at Hartford.

I arrived at the 10c ticket line around 8:00pm leaving over an hour to pick up tickets. This has never been an issue at any other show i have been to, 25+. It is not unreasonable to expect to get your tickets in this amount of time. The line had to be 1,000 people deep when I arrived. What was most frustrating was how everything was handled. The line stood at a dead stop for an hour and finally started to move after PJ took the stage.

Overall the venue was run horribly. There was no crowd control what so ever. People were throwing glass beer bottles all over the place, the parking lots were covered in broken glass. People also basically just pissed where ever they stood. All of this was happening while venue security and police were BSing with each other and standing around.

When we finally got into the venue only one of the four security personnel checking tickets before you were allowed into your section had a flashlight. Also when leaving the show there was a large well lit cement staircase leading back up to road you need to walk to trek back to your car. But instead of having people use this, it was blocked off by a locked and gated fence, the crowd ripped down a cyclone fence and climbed up a dirt hill back to the road.
  • Options
    J-PJ-P Posts: 16
    Again, please quit the blaming the victim bullshit. This is like saying it's my fault for being in a bad neighborhood if somebody mugged me. I should be able to enjoy myself without worrying and fearing everything around me, nor having to plan for every possible catastrophe.

That said, I also arrived at 7:45 and got in line before 8 and got in at 9:45. I don't tailgate (or even drink in general) so quit assuming everybody in line were just some party-animals and irresponsible fans. Only one person so far it seems on any of the Hartford boards has honestly admitted that they were tailgating and forgot to get tickets. Everyone else has a solid reason for arriving late, including everyone I met in line during my 90 minute+ wait.
  • Options
    NCFUSERNCFUSER Posts: 29
    LukinFan wrote:
    There was only one window in WPB and in Columbia- and had no problems there- quit blaming the 10 club for waiting too long before getting your tickets

UUUUMMMMM
    Using touringfans.net as a "gauge" of the amount of 10C tickets for each show.
    Show Number Attending
    West Palm Beach, FL 146
    Columbia, SC 159
    Hartford, CT 378

So you can say there is more then double the fans attended this show.
    So the 10C should know this and maybe have two+ windows since the "little" shows down south went without problem.

AGAIN I LOVE THE 10C.
    But they did not ensure proper distribution of THEIR tickets here.
    9/29/1996, 8/28/1998, 8/29/1998, 9/8/1998, 8/25/2000, 9/1/2000, 9/2/2000, 4/28/2003, 5/03/2003, 7/5/2003, 7/6/2003, 10/01/2004, 9/19/2005, 10/1/2005, 10/3/2005, 5/27/2006, 5/28/2006, 5/30/2006, 6/26/2006, 4/15/2008. 6/19/2008, 6/20/2008, 6/22/2008, 8/16/2008