edited February 4
    Post edited by Loujoe on
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,836
    EA17313 said:
    Alright, well I’m ready for a single.

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,072
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,331
    I'm just here to express my appreciation for the Cardigans, an outstanding and underappreciated band. Long Gone Before Daylight is a little-heard classic.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    djjazzy276djjazzy276 Posts: 198
    se7v7en said:

I'm amazed so many seem to feel that way, but that is because it is by far my favorite Pearl Jam album.  I have probably listened to it over 500 times, many of the listens on long distance runs and that's when it really does something special for me.  There is something about the cohesive overarching and continually building messages of resilience and hope that make it such a great running album for me.
    Well, my friend, count me in the same boat (for the most part). Is it my favorite album of theirs? I think Yield still holds that distinction, but I've found "my favorite PJ record" to be constantly in flux. For me, Gigaton was the first album of theirs in a while that felt really cohesive and took me on a journey. I think part of the reason I connected with it in this way was also through running. When the world shut down, going out to log a few miles was one of the few ways I could get out and about and feel somewhat normal. It's an incredible running album in my opinion. During the breakdown and build up of Who Ever Said or all of Superblood Wolfmoon, the vocal layering on DOTC to the all out bombast of Quick Escape, those first four songs in particular let to some quick paces for me. I've probably listened to that album more while running than in any other setting. Nice to hear you feel the same.
    That boat better hold three....cause I am in it as well.  Listened to the hell out of it on long runs....
    Pearl Jam Run Club?
    A few weeks late, but just came back to wonder if we commented this into existence.