Options

Official Seattle Night 1 & 2 Roll Call 2024

13»

Comments

• Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,758
    demetrios said:
    We are totally gonna check out https://www.smithtower.com/

Cool building, but unfortunately is a hotspot to showcase our homeless/drug problem. 

Be careful to not step on any needles on the walk there...
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,758
    demetrios said:

Cool building, but unfortunately is a hotspot to showcase our homeless/drug problem. 

Here's a street view about a block away
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,219
    demetrios said:

Pioneer square? 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 580
    demetrios said:

Pioneer square? 
    Yes, but it’s been “cleaned up” a bit in the last couple months. Keep an eye out for gun toting Navy officers tho.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879
    demetrios said:

Pioneer square? 
    Yes, but it’s been “cleaned up” a bit in the last couple months. Keep an eye out for gun toting Navy officers tho.

Will do.
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 197
    My 7yo and I are staying closer to the airport, nearest rail stop is ~Columbia City.

Any locals or regular visitors have any advice on commuting? I'm not opposed to a park and walk, but would be happy to take public transportation. 

Is parking near the stops easy to find/cheap? Does the rail run late/frequently enough to get home easy after the lights go up? I've spent some time researching, but some of this info isn't easy to find. 
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 580
    edited March 22
    njhaley1 said:
    My 7yo and I are staying closer to the airport, nearest rail stop is ~Columbia City.

Any locals or regular visitors have any advice on commuting? I'm not opposed to a park and walk, but would be happy to take public transportation. 

Is parking near the stops easy to find/cheap? Does the rail run late/frequently enough to get home easy after the lights go up? I've spent some time researching, but some of this info isn't easy to find. 
    I like the light rail overall and it does run late, like 1am ish. It does not connect with or go into the Seattle Center area, where the arena is, so you’ll have to either bus or take the monorail (separate and different from the light rail) from the Westlake stop, vice versa when heading back. The bus system is solid and generally reliable and much cheaper than Uber, which is out of control price-wise in Seattle. Parking in the city can also be pricy and driving is a pain in the ass through certain parts at certain times. I would use public trans as much as possible, especially getting to and out of the show(s). But I’m cheap and like to relax.

On another note, definitely go to Dona Queen donuts in Columbia City if you’re staying in that area. It’s a block from the Columbia City light rail stop. Best donuts in Seattle, imo.
    Post edited by BloodMeridian80 on
  • Options
    njhaley1 said:

I like the light rail overall and it does run late, like 1am ish. It does not connect with or go into the Seattle Center area, where the arena is, so you’ll have to either bus or take the monorail (separate and different from the light rail) from the Westlake stop, vice versa when heading back. The bus system is solid and generally reliable and much cheaper than Uber, which is out of control price-wise in Seattle. Parking in the city can also be pricy and driving is a pain in the ass through certain parts at certain times. I would use public trans as much as possible, especially getting to and out of the show(s). But I’m cheap and like to relax.

On another note, definitely go to Dona Queen donuts in Columbia City if you’re staying in that area. It’s a block from the Columbia City light rail stop. Best donuts in Seattle, imo.
    Thanks a bunch! We're staying in the Seward Park area, so I think we'll drive to the Columbia City stop and then jump on the monorail, my kid will love that. She'll also love to stop and get donuts, thanks for the tip! 
  • Options
    2 months!  :)
  • Options
    PhartNPhartN MD Posts: 205
    Hey fam!  If there are any extra tickets floating around that may end up on F2F, Id be happy to do a coordinated drop.  Still looking for single ticket for N1 and N2.
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    52 days to go ...
  • Options
    PhartNPhartN MD Posts: 205
    Woop!  Headed to both shows, first time in Seattle and heading solo.  Super pumped!
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,341
    Remember the person that leaked all the tour dates back in early December also said there would be a secret/surprise show in Seattle in late April!  Seems most have forgotten that as I dont see any talk about it.  I'd expect it to probably be at either the Showbox or the Moore or Paramount theater.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,525
    Remember the person that leaked all the tour dates back in early December also said there would be a secret/surprise show in Seattle in late April!  Seems most have forgotten that as I dont see any talk about it.  I'd expect it to probably be at either the Showbox or the Moore or Paramount theater.
    At last word it was no longer happening.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    PhartN said:
    Woop!  Headed to both shows, first time in Seattle and heading solo.  Super pumped!

It's gonna be awesome!!!
  • Options
    47 day's till night 1!
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,938
    PJ Night with the Mariners on our off night. 

https://www.mlb.com/mariners/tickets/specials/pearl-jam

"I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JojoRice said:

Thought that might be the case! Off to look up tickets! 
  • Options
    strangespotintheskystrangespotinthesky Pittsburgh Posts: 31
    Mike has to play Star Spangled Banner and Ed has to sing Take me out to the Ballgame... right?!?!  
    Pitt '98 - Pitt '00 - Pitt '03 - State College '03 - Hershey '03 - Toledo '04 - Pitt '05 - Philly '05 - Cleveland '06 - Pitt '06 - Cinci '06 - Bonnaroo '08 - MSG I '08 - MSG II '08
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,938
    Mike has to play Star Spangled Banner and Ed has to sing Take me out to the Ballgame... right?!?!  
    I like the way you think!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,237
    thats what we thought in Chicago last year for Pearl Jam day at Wrigley Field 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    strangespotintheskystrangespotinthesky Pittsburgh Posts: 31
    Kwieneke said:
    thats what we thought in Chicago last year for Pearl Jam day at Wrigley Field 
    Was it for Vitalogy Foundation as well? 

I have 0 expectations of any of the guys showing up... But would be cool  Sure it will be a fun time regardless!
    Pitt '98 - Pitt '00 - Pitt '03 - State College '03 - Hershey '03 - Toledo '04 - Pitt '05 - Philly '05 - Cleveland '06 - Pitt '06 - Cinci '06 - Bonnaroo '08 - MSG I '08 - MSG II '08
  • Options
    AP30511AP30511 Lincoln, NE Posts: 111
    edited April 18
    Looking for advice from any locals.  I've got to catch a 5:00am flight out of SeaTac Friday morning, so I'm probably just going to go straight to the airport after the show.  What's the best way to get there at that time of night?  Any public transportation still open at that time?  Or is Uber/Lyft my best bet?  Thanks in advance!
    Post edited by AP30511 on
    1998: Rapid City - 2000: Bonner Springs - 2003: Denver, Council Bluffs - 2004: St. Louis - 2005: Calgary, Edmonton - 2006: St. Paul I & II - 2009: Chicago I & II - 2010: Kansas City - 2011: St. Louis (EV) - 2012: Missoula - 2013: Chicago, Oklahoma City - 2014: Lincoln, Denver - 2016: New Orleans - 2018: Seattle I & II - 2022: Chicago II (EV), Denver - 2023: Austin I & II
  • Options
    DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 238
    JojoRice said:

Awesome news! I wonder what the shirts will look like. It will hard to top last year's jerseys.
  • Options
    JojoRice said:

Great! We will be going. :) 
  • Options
    YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,840
    I'll be in the house.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.