Options

Official Seattle Night 1 & 2 Roll Call 2024

123457»

Comments

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,863
    What did all you tourists do? Where did you eat? Stay? Do in between shows?

Always interesting to see what was recommended versus what was done.
    Stayed at an Airbnb in the Cherry Hill area. Hung out at the Junction in West Seattle before Tuesday's show, including Easy Street. Went to the gym mere blocks from the former Off Ramp on Wednesday and Thursday mornings, stopping by the now El Corazon on Thursday. Lake Washington, Pike Place and Mariners game on Wednesday. Kurt Cobain's house and Viretta Park, MoPOP and the Armory before Thursday night's show. Also went by the Showbox, the Moore, Benaroya Hall and the Hotel Max (formerly the Vance) in my travels around the city. Didn't make it to the former Galleria Potato Head, alas.

Met a lot of cool people. About a dozen came by the Cobain memorial while I was there, including folks in town for the Pearl Jam shows from Indianapolis and Savannah. We all hung out for quite a bit. Met some more folks on the bus to and from the shows, including a guy who came from Austin, a local woman, and a couple of other folks from provenances unknown, although one who, judging by his accent, seemed to be an immigrant from West Africa who had embraced consumerism as he was loaded down with merch on the bus both nights. (The bus ran right from where I was staying to the arena, and was free with a Climate Pledge ticket, so it was convenient and free. Parking near the arena was typically exorbitant.)
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 305
    Airbnb in Seward Park. Mt Rainier, Mariners game, whale watching out of Edmonds.

• Options
    Original_ShiftyOriginal_Shifty Great White North Posts: 295
    edited June 3
    We Air B&B'd in the Queen Anne area. One bus to and from the show was great. Rabbits running amok on the street at Midnight when we were walking from the last stop to the home we were staying at.

We've been to Seattle a number of times so didn't do too much in the way of touristy things. Caught Billy Joel on the Friday night before the PJ shows. The guy is funny as fuck. Did not expect his sense of humour.

Other than that, one day was set aside for a trip to Easy Street Records and a beer run to The Beer Junction just up the block. Very nice selection. Also went to Alki Beach for a long walk.
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,863
    We Air B&B'd in the Queen Anne area. One bus to and from the show was great. Rabbits running amok on the street at Midnight when we were walking from the last stop to the home we were staying at.

We've been to Seattle a number of times so didn't do too much in the way of touristy things. Caught Billy Joel on the Friday night before the PJ shows. The guy is funny as fuck. Did not expect his sense of humour.

Other than that, one day was set aside for a trip to Easy Street Records and a beer run to The Beer Junction just up the block. Very nice selection. Also went to Alki Beach for a long walk.
    There were rabbits in Cherry Hill, too, and I also saw one late at night walking from the bus to my Airbnb.

Someone else mentioned the mountain. Heading to the airport early Friday morning, the skies were clear for the first time during my visit, and I turned a curve on I-5 to have Mount Rainier come fully into view straight ahead. What a breathtaking sight that was. It was visible from the gate area at the airport, too.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 305
    BF25394 said:

There were rabbits in Cherry Hill, too, and I also saw one late at night walking from the bus to my Airbnb.

Someone else mentioned the mountain. Heading to the airport early Friday morning, the skies were clear for the first time during my visit, and I turned a curve on I-5 to have Mount Rainier come fully into view straight ahead. What a breathtaking sight that was. It was visible from the gate area at the airport, too.
    It was whiteout conditions when we got to the Paradise ranger station, so there wasn't much to see, sadly! The view leaving Friday morning was great, though. 
  • Options
    stonesstones Posts: 236

Stayed at a hotel in the downtown area on 4th about 15-20 minutes walk from the arena.  First time visitors to Seattle and so totally hit the main tourist sights: Pikes Place, went up the space needle and Chihuly Gardens (a good surprise), rode the monorail and did the underground Seattle tour which was recommended by some locals...   Ate at some tourist traps in Pikes Place, though dinner at Place Pigalle overlooking Puget Sound was still a nice experience; and the food at The Butchers Table (went with friends) was excellent but man was it expensive!

The best experience (other than the shows) was running into Matt Cameron on the morning between the shows when we just happened to be ordering some breakfast in the same small bakery.  He was so gracious and we just chatted for a short while whilst we both waited for our orders to be prepared.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821

Other then seeing Pearl Jam both nights @ Climate Change Arena, attending both preparties @ Queen Anne Beerhall, and waited for a few hours in the morning for merch on Tuesday & Wednesday ...

We took the Tour Elliot Bay with Salish Sea Tours. That was a good little cruise. Checked out MoPop again. We missed the Pearl Jam exhibit but we had a fun time again in there. Especially the LAIKA exhibit. Hanged out @ KEXP with Ames Bros & had a great Dark Matter drink from Caffe Vita. Went up on the Space Needle at night. Almost vomited again @ the Gum Wall. Pike Place Market is always a treat. LOVE that cold peach apple drink that was $15 bucks! Went on the Seattle Great Wheel which was cool as I have never been on it since my last 2 visits. Sub Pop Store across of the Spheres was interesting. Had to visit Easy Street Records of course. Lots of Pearl Jam goodies there. Very tempted on the signed merch but had to look away. It was very VERY hard to do. The Spheres was also a fun time. The free bananas outside & the general porpoise banana creamed donut indoors was so damn good!

We enjoyed eating @ Tanoor, Bahn Thai, Askatu Bakery & Cafe. Pretty much every night we would stop by QFC as it was close to our hotel. The Armory by the MoPop where we signed the Pearl Jam flag had a wicked pork burrito bowl. Can't remember the name of that restaurant but it was so damn good.

Caught the baseball game @ T-Mobile Park. My first baseball game, in the USA. Few day's later they had fireworks there. We saw those fireworks up on the Space Needle that night. We had a lovely time. I must say the transportation visiting Seattle was so easy. We were on The Link Light Train & Monorail a few times the last few days.

Good times! :) 

• Options

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/Vebuc38mgT2w2bLX/?mibextid=oFDknk

Working on getting my Pearl Jam murals print ready. Hold tight a bit for me.

• Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 624
    Our Air BnB was downtown pretty much right on top of Pikes Place.  Convenient location for stuff to do right around the hotel but things were definitely more than a little sketch coming back from the monorail station late at night after the shows.  We did all of the touristy things and basically did the whole PJ scavenger hunt.  Went to the NW Folklife Festival, took a day trip to Mt Rainier which was beautiful (Paradise), went to the Ames sale on Wednesday and I think I’ve now formed a habit.  Did MoPop and the Space Needle.  Went to Cobain’s house and memorial bench.  Walked past the Showbox (wish I had known Dave Krusen was playing there on Wed), Moore Theater, Benaroya Hall, El Corozon (Off Ramp) Galleria Potato Head, Kerry Park, Walked around Discovery Park, went to Easy Street and did the London Bridge studio tour.  Also had a coffe at a different shop every day (including the first Starbucks).  My favorite coffe spot ended up being Caffe Zingaro which was really close to the arena.

Only thing we didn’t get to do that was on our list was to make it out to the Olympic National Park after reading you really need more than 1 day to do it.  Guess I’ll have to go back sometime.
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,347
    Easy street, pikes place, Olympic National park, Mt Rainier national park. Olympic was amazing and we had the best weather on friday. Definitely wanted a few more days there even though we made a trip of it all 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    Original_ShiftyOriginal_Shifty Great White North Posts: 295
    We're camping along the Olympic peninsula next summer for a couple of weeks. Should be fun.

I really dug the Climate Pledge had a special entrance and area for those with an American Express card. Same entrance as GA but had to wait until regular door opening. However on N2 we got in at 6:20. It was great because they also had their own separate Merch area, although not the full set of everything. 
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options

Blog: Pearl Jam's Dark Matter Tour Comes Home for Concerts and other events in Seattle

https://www.audacy.com/kisw/latest-from-kisw/blog-pearl-jams-dark-matter-tour-comes-home-for-concerts-and-other-events-in-seattle