Options

How do people write to the band and get requests fulfilled?

nfidurkonfidurko San Francisco Posts: 6
edited March 22 in The Porch
There are some shows where the band calls out single members of the audience and dedicates a song to them; sometimes it's a request from them, sometimes it's a "wedding" in the crowd, etc.

How do these people get in touch with the band? Is there an email address? I'm not sure if they check their P.O.Box.
Post edited by nfidurko on

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,575
    edited March 22
    They get it directly from this forum as far as I've been able to tell. I think the 10C team passes on some of the requests from here. And once in a blue moon something along the lines of the band randomly having a chance encounter with a fan/newlyweds before the show happens, and it kinda goes from there? There isn't any email to send requests to.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Woah, really? They actually check this forum?! That's awesome!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,575
    edited March 22
    nfidurko said:

No, the band doesn't I don't think (I guess anything's possible, but I would be surprised). 10C staff do (the moderators!).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    nfidurko said:

No, the band doesn't I don't think (I guess anything's possible, but I would be surprised). 10C staff do (the moderators!).
    I’m sorry, that’s what I meant — the staff, not the band. Thanks so much for your response!
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,266
    A few years ago, I posted a song request on this board for my newborn daughter a day or two before one of the Ed and the Earthlings shows. Never in a million years did I think it would actually happen. But then amazingly, in the middle of the show, Ed dedicated a song to my newborn daughter! And I’ve seen a million other stories on here like that. So 10c staff actually does monitor the boards and occasionally pass stuff along to the band. 
  • Options
    steven87 said:
    A few years ago, I posted a song request on this board for my newborn daughter a day or two before one of the Ed and the Earthlings shows. Never in a million years did I think it would actually happen. But then amazingly, in the middle of the show, Ed dedicated a song to my newborn daughter! And I’ve seen a million other stories on here like that. So 10c staff actually does monitor the boards and occasionally pass stuff along to the band. 
    That's so awesome!!! I hope you and your newborn daughter are doing well!
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,995
    Everything is possible 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    nfidurko said:
    Yes, I have been very lucky on two occasions via the forum. Its not guaranteed but it definitely works here and there