Options

Ticket transfer question

For shows that tickets can be transferred for does the transfer need to be in the 48 hours before the show or can it be done anytime ?

Comments

• Options
    RyanjkoepkeRyanjkoepke Chicago Posts: 4
    I had the same question.  The transfer button in ticketmaster is greyed out.  Something tells me they restrict transfers until right before the show.
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,220
    Last year you could transfer Chicago tickets to another account long before the show even though the actual tickets weren't available to scan until 72 hours before 
  • Options
    RyanjkoepkeRyanjkoepke Chicago Posts: 4
    I wonder if the transfer is just not available until they sell out the show.  Premium tix are still available so they may restrict transfers until they sell all of the premium ones in order to restrict people from selling on secondary market. 
  • Options
    jagerweisjagerweis Los Angeles, CA Posts: 124
    The only shows you can transfer to another account are MSG and Wrigley. No transfers for any other shows. You can work something out with someone to buy your tickets on F2F and try to time it out so they are the ones to get them, but there is always a risk the tickets get purchased by someone else. 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,516
    I wonder if the transfer is just not available until they sell out the show.  Premium tix are still available so they may restrict transfers until they sell all of the premium ones in order to restrict people from selling on secondary market. 
    They are not going to sell out the show, at least not until right before the show. They will keep dropping tickets all the way to the show. Mostly Premium with a few "face value" thrown in every once in a while to get people coming back to the site to hunt for bargains. Basically stringing fans along, hoping that FOMO makes them buy the more expensive tickets. 
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,170
    SHZA said:
    Last year you could transfer Chicago tickets to another account long before the show even though the actual tickets weren't available to scan until 72 hours before 
    Thanks that explains it 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,799
    They are not going to sell out the show, at least not until right before the show. They will keep dropping tickets all the way to the show. Mostly Premium with a few "face value" thrown in every once in a while to get people coming back to the site to hunt for bargains. Basically stringing fans along, hoping that FOMO makes them buy the more expensive tickets. 
    Bingo
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory