Options

2008 Pearl Jam tour rumours

Comments

• Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Not from what I have heard...

What have you heard, then ?

It would be a surprise if PJ plays Europe again in 2008 (after 2 tours here in 2006 & 2007, and coz their album won't be finished very early => work in studio begins only in march-april...).

Realistically, I don't think it's possible.
    But if they come again here, everybody will be so happy, of course

For us europeans, time has come to be very patient again...
    Still waiting for a gig in Paris (in a venue not a festival) since 2006...
    Spin, spin !!

Marseille + Paris 2006
    London + Werchter 2007
    Arras + Belfast 2010
    Arras 2012
    Paris Lollapalooza 2022
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    What have you heard, then ?

It would be a surprise if PJ plays Europe again in 2008 (after 2 tours here in 2006 & 2007, and coz their album won't be finished very early => work in studio begins only in march-april...).

Realistically, I don't think it's possible.
    But if they come again here, everybody will be so happy, of course

For us europeans, time has come to be very patient again...
    A coupla days before the London show I was walking up and down some Parisian streets near L'Olympia and saw some guy wear an 06 tour tshirt and really wanted to just go up and tap the guy on the shoulders say hi. For the only time on my trip my senses got to me and I pulled out, considering how merde my French is and I'd just be fucked if I had to explain myself.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    Ha ha, nice story
    :)

Maybe it was me ?? na, don't think so I was already in London.
    It's funny because Eddie used the same sentence at the paris or marseille show 06 saying "my french is merde"
    Cheers "brother from down under"
    ;)
    Spin, spin !!

Marseille + Paris 2006
    London + Werchter 2007
    Arras + Belfast 2010
    Arras 2012
    Paris Lollapalooza 2022
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I can't really be too specific but I heard that there is a chance of 2008 festivals similar to the 2007 festivals that they played. If not I would bet money on 2009 Europe festivals FOR SURE.
    as long as it's not Glastonbury, I don't mind. (I do like Glastonbury..but we won't be able to go as we won't get tickets!)
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    thunderDAN wrote:
    I heard Bonnaroo was scheduled already. Someone in The Porch said Jeff came and apoke at their college class and he confirmed they were headlining.
    I heard from another source that this is going to happen
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    wash_ wrote:
    Yeah, 2009 at earliest.

Such a depressing thought. What the hell am I going to get up to now?!!! :D
    You always got Green River in Seattle in July of 2008.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Lets hope that if it does happen, it is accompanied by a few real shows, unlike Lolla. Shows that are not festivals. Shows that everyone can get in to.
    everyone can get into a festival and from what I hear, Bonaroo headliners play full sets.

Also gives you the opportunity to discover other bands too (I'm getting into State Radio right now, and I heard about them because they played first at Southside the day PJ did).
    and it's fun :)
  • Options
    I've also heard that PJ signed two year contracts with the festivals they played at in 07. I don't know how reliable these rumours are...

Two norwegian festivals (Quart and Hove) did confirm earlier that they had tried to sign PJ for 2008, but didn't succeed.
  • Options
    rvprvp Posts: 779
    I say they'll do South America in the fall of 2008 and Oz in spring of 2009 - that would coincide with my year long trip around the world, and it may as well follow PJ:-)
    I hope you are right and they will come to South America sometime during 2008!
    But I think it is highly improbable. Not to be pessimistic but it took them 16 years to come, what has changed so much around here that they would come back in just three years? Nothing erally…
    Chino you say march 2008? why? what do you know?
    fuera de este mundo
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    same with me...i'll be graduating end of may and this is a present to myself...to hang with my underclassmen bros one last time and just trip all week
    hopefully PJ will be there cuz ive already told friends they're prolly headlining

hopefully we have to buy some new sneakers this summer for the walk

:D
  • Options
    MikklMikkl Posts: 20
    I say they'll do South America in the fall of 2008 and Oz in spring of 2009 - that would coincide with my year long trip around the world, and it may as well follow PJ:-)

Trip around the world :D awesome. Yeah would be even more awesome if they followed you :D
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    I doubt they'll return to Europe for the 3rd year in a row, especially not for festivals. Anyone in Europe who's not a hardcore fan must be pretty annoyed, all these festivals and no proper tours...
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    hard_sunhard_sun Posts: 382
    looking forward to 2008 tour:)...

...and new album:D
    ...the north is to south what the clock is to time...
    419 352
  • Options
    fowls wrote:
    I doubt they'll return to Europe for the 3rd year in a row, especially not for festivals. Anyone in Europe who's not a hardcore fan must be pretty annoyed, all these festivals and no proper tours...

Yeah, we actually have to pay for a trip to, well, hawaii or way further, pay for some kind of hotel and then pay for the concert :D

They should make some kind of all-inclusive ticket for the fans out here. Including flight, a place to stay for the night and the concert tickets :)
  • Options
    Mikkl wrote:
    Yeah, we actually have to pay for a trip to, well, hawaii or way further, pay for some kind of hotel and then pay for the concert :D

They should make some kind of all-inclusive ticket for the fans out here. Including flight, a place to stay for the night and the concert tickets :)
    they kind of did (minus flights) and were charging an arm and a leg for it!
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Mikkl wrote:

You need to check here (and on other sites) for advice on flights and accommodation when there's just been a tour announced. And you've made your first mistake already- you're looking at hotels, not HOSTELS?

Being that it's a bunch of tightarse touring fans making these touring arrangements, we're pretty much only looking at cheapest budget options. e.g. last year we basically took over a whole hostel in Dusseldorf, took over a lot of seats on the same plane from Stansted to Dusseldorf / Krakow to Venice / bus from Munich to Chorzow, grouped up together at Munich Wombats hostel, and so on.

I REALLY miss the tour accom and transport researching and organising madness. Heh, so much so I just arranged to see Marit in Cologne between my stops from Dublin to Croatia this year. Anyone need assistance from an Aussie to plan a trip criss crossing Europe?
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    You need to check here (and on other sites) for advice on flights and accommodation when there's just been a tour announced. And you've made your first mistake already- you're looking at hotels, not HOSTELS?

Being that it's a bunch of tightarse touring fans making these touring arrangements, we're pretty much only looking at cheapest budget options. e.g. last year we basically took over a whole hostel in Dusseldorf, took over a lot of seats on the same plane from Stansted to Dusseldorf / Krakow to Venice / bus from Munich to Chorzow, grouped up together at Munich Wombats hostel, and so on.

I REALLY miss the tour accom and transport researching and organising madness. Heh, so much so I just arranged to see Marit in Cologne between my stops from Dublin to Croatia this year. Anyone need assistance from an Aussie to plan a trip criss crossing Europe?
    about that..you're coming back to London after Sid's right? (I have to think about coming to Sid..isn't it Easter weekend?)
  • Options
    Thanks mate, If they're not comming to Europe, I'll come all the way down there. Hope they still have a spot left in those hostels by then :D
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    I guess Europe is the last continent they would play on again - honestly we were spoiled by PJ concerts - now THE SOUTH :rolleyes: should come next ;) ...
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    cardosocardoso Porto Alegre-BR Posts: 1,461
    south america 2008
    i believe and have hope.....
    First: Porto Alegre, Brasil 28.11.2005 ........... Next:  St. Paul 2, USA 02.09.2023
  • Options
    Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    obiwon76 wrote:
    Considering it's an election year, I dont think Ed or the band will restrain themselves from not touring and not let their voices be heard.

Hopefully they'll support Hilalry so she'll lose.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    ^hopefully.

has anyone heard the rumors about PJ performing at summerfest?
    Adge
    12.9.06= Rockin In The Free World
  • Options
    Got 2 weeks vacations saved up for a tour.
  • Options
    tidus10xtidus10x UK Posts: 120
    Pegasus wrote:
    as long as it's not Glastonbury, I don't mind. (I do like Glastonbury..but we won't be able to go as we won't get tickets!)
    you are so right, I love Glasto too but it is so hard to get tix nowadays. If they do come to Europe I hope they do their own shows, maybe the new O2 arena in London it really kicks
  • Options
    TouchedTouched Posts: 15
    HalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifax....please.
  • Options
    Touched wrote:
    HalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifaxHalifax....please.
    what're trying to say? ;)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    SatchellSatchell Posts: 149
    Ricsard wrote:
    I guess Europe is the last continent they would play on again - honestly we were spoiled by PJ concerts - now THE SOUTH :rolleyes: should come next ;) ...

yeah !!! PLAY THE SOUTH !!! ...........of France ...

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease ... just one time !!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Satchell wrote:
    yeah !!! PLAY THE SOUTH !!! ...........of France ...

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease ... just one time !!!!!!!!!!
    they already have..Marseille

not that I'll complain if they play Toulouse :p
  • Options
    Anywhere in France will be perfect :)

South, North, East, West, Centre... who cares ?
    Anyway, we'll go anywhere they play !

Un coup de TGV et hop !

Come back to Fraaaaaaaaaaaaaance
    Spin, spin !!

Marseille + Paris 2006
    London + Werchter 2007
    Arras + Belfast 2010
    Arras 2012
    Paris Lollapalooza 2022
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780
    the west of france s'il vous plait
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018