Options

What Do You 'Do' At PJ Shows?

2»

Comments

• Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    Apparently there's choregraphed movements and singalongs...I've done most of these...
    http://www.twofeetthick.com/tft/readArticle.action?id=252
    Here's some things NOT to do:
    1. Don't spill your beer all over the people around you.
    2. Don't have a loud conversation with the person next to you the entire time.
    3. Please don't put your girlfriend/wife/whatever on your shoulders. The people behind you can't see when you do that.

That's all I can think of for now.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I'm Stone without the guitar. Just groovin' about. Sometimes i even pretend to have the guitar, making me equal to Stone. :D
  • Options
    CorsoCorso so poor I can't afford to comment on the PJ forum Posts: 201
    :|
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,375
    DO have a good time doing whatever makes u happy.

DO NOT use the flash on your camera if you're in the first 20 rows!!!

don't call out request 9 songs into a show wait till the encores for that .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    hguz73hguz73 Posts: 245
    bow?
  • Options
    hguz73 wrote:
    bow?

To Me
    I wanna tell you that I love you, but does it really matter? ...first show 12-31-91 w/RHCP and Nirvana.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    1)Pick up Ten Club tix

2) Recon for posters

3) Find out from employee who is outside having a smoke what time gates open

4) Arrive at gate ten mins prior to opening

5) Get 411 from another venue employee having a smoke about location of vending booths

6) Get a poster!!!!

7) Go to Stone's side and go all the way to the top of venue to last row.

8) Roll about 7 grams into 4 Garcia Vega's

9) Smoke one during Ben, Mudhoney, Iggy, Jacket, sleater or whoever is opening

10) We always watch the opener from up top, burn another and then head down to our Ten club seats 3 or 4 songs in and enjoy the show

If you follow the above rules you will get a poster everytime!
  • Options
    rssesq wrote:
    1)Pick up Ten Club tix

2) Recon for posters

3) Find out from employee who is outside having a smoke what time gates open

4) Arrive at gate ten mins prior to opening

5) Get 411 from another venue employee having a smoke about location of vending booths

6) Get a poster!!!!

7) Go to Stone's side and go all the way to the top of venue to last row.

8) Roll about 7 grams into 4 Garcia Vega's

9) Smoke one during Ben, Mudhoney, Iggy, Jacket, sleater or whoever is opening

10) We always watch the opener from up top, burn another and then head down to our Ten club seats 3 or 4 songs in and enjoy the show

If you follow the above rules you will get a poster everytime!

very good instructions to follow.

cheers
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    I pretty much get wasted and then rock the fuck out!!
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    audiodave wrote:
    You do whatever you want to do, as long as it doesn't stop anyone else from having a good time. Don't pay much attention to what you're supposed to do...just do what you want to do.

I've seen peoeple who just stand there. People who jump around. People who dance. People who just nod their heads and tap their feet. People who sing at the top of their lungs. Just...whatever.

seconded.

what to do? it's up to you.. what I like to do is sing, dance, jump, scream, clap my hands so much it feels like they'll bleed.. perfect PJ concert bliss. :D

what not to do. the spilling of beer has been mentioned.
    also, don't light a cigarrette when you're trashed and there's loads of people around you cause you'll just end up suffocating or burning them. :mad:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    make sure you get ten club tickets....roll up a couple....try and stand between eddie and stone...be nice to the people around you...if you're in the front row, be prepared to pass back some cups of water from the security guys to the people behind you....have the absolute best fucking time in the world...don't care if you have an insane smile on your face for the next 2,5 hours....sing every song along as if it were you on stage...try and get a live recording of the show afterwards or try and deal with your post tour depressions :) and buy the Touring 2000 DVD and got to extras and watch the part with all the fans :) but most of all ENJOY!!! because that's exactly what eddie, stone, jeff, mike and matt are doing....join them!
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.
  • Options
    UrujamUrujam Posts: 53
    Sing Miracles on the stage...!!!

hehehe
    2000: Barcelona.
    2006: Barcelona, Vitoria, Lisboa I, Lisboa II, Madrid, Paris, Verona, Milán.
    2007: Lisboa, Madrid, London, Dusseldorf (on stage!!!).
    2008: ¿?
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,021
    I ask because I don't know!

With Metal concerts you'd headbang, at nightclubs you'd dance, but what are you supposed to do at a PJ gig? Sit down? Jump around? Are there any dos and don'ts?
    Jump around...jump around...jump up...and get down

jump

jump

jump
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2