Options

The Day that Ed cried.....

Comments

• Options
    AngusAngus Posts: 376
    Kirkwood wrote:
    Reading was that Eddie got so touch about the millions of people who was there right?

80.000 is nog really "millions", but yeah, Eddie seemed kinda impressed by the crowd.
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • Options
    LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    he had tear at reading last year during alive as well

Yes, i saw that at youtube, its been removed because of somekind off violation....
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Options
    VikyViky Posts: 138
    He cryed before I believe in miracles in Bs As (11/25/2005) and then he couldn't sing all the song... the crowd did.
    "Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity... "
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    I love that Ed wears his heart on his sleeve.

REAL MEN DO CRY :cool:

exactly!
    i've seen ed cry, or very close to it...a few times....and he gets emotional a LOT, period. i love it. such passion is endearing...beautiful...and dare i say it? SEXY. :D impassioned people are fantastic. period.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    kinetickinetic Posts: 148
    Such a sissy pants.
    When you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    kinetic wrote:
    Such a sissy pants.

well then ed is the one male who can wear sissy pants and still look damn dead sexxxy in them. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    I dare anyone to listen to the version of "Black" from the 94 Easter Atlanta show and stay composed while Ed does the "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee belong together, together"...... tag.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    JuberooJuberoo Posts: 472
    obiwon76 wrote:
    I dare anyone to listen to the version of "Black" from the 94 Easter Atlanta show and stay composed while Ed does the "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee belong together, together"...... tag.

Yes that was pretty good.....I just listened....."these people don't understand, they don't understand"
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense.

A truly liberal person is conservative when necessary.

Pro-life by choice.
  • Options
    kinetickinetic Posts: 148
    Juberoo wrote:
    Yes that was pretty good.....I just listened....."these people don't understand, they don't understand"

I stand by my assessment of sissy pants. Also, I just like saying sissy pants.
    When you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
  • Options
    Sissy pants is a fun word...I think it is more fitting for those skater boys who wear girls pants now. Drives me crazy.

Pro-life by choice.
  • Options
    brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    obiwon76 wrote:
    Listened to the 2nd Boston show from 98 this A.M. this was the infamous show where Ed became very emotional and reports had him in tears during "Dissident". He had mentioned before "Given to Fly" that sometimes people leave the earth when you least expect it and he was dedicating the song to "John". You can actually hear his voice crack.

Anyone have any information who "John" was?

YES!!! John was a friend of mine's brother who committed suicide a few days before that show

Ed gave my friend front row seats and met with him back stage for 2 hrs 4 the show
    they discussed John and Life togehter

I was there with my friend, well I was behind him in 3 rd

Ed did cry that night, It was very touching!!!

That same night, Ed held my had while singing the last verse of PORCH

that was one my ( and im sure my friends)most memorable PJ shows ever!
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • Options
    brainofjb wrote:
    YES!!! John was a friend of mine's brother who committed suicide a few days before that show

Ed gave my friend front row seats and met with him back stage for 2 hrs 4 the show

WOW...what a memory!

Pro-life by choice.
  • Options
    Great! Thanks for replying and sharing that moment with us. I forgot to mention that at the same show, during the encore, some A-Hole kept throwing quarters at Ed on stage which led to a very abusive and foul outburst by Ed. It's amazing how you can have two ends of the spectrum with love & hate on a given night.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    PlantPage55PlantPage55 Posts: 136
    Perhaps the intimate setting of the Vic will spark some sort of visible emotion from the band! :)
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    Where can I find the Boston 2 from 98 online?

Pro-life by choice.
  • Options
    From what I heard to answer your question ;)

A fan (John's sister) had written Ed a letter about her brother (John) and how depressed he was. Later as the story goes John ended up committing suicide and Ed found out. I believe John was from Boston.

Didn´t know that story, it´s really shocking because i really love the lyrics of this song...
    ...can´t wear my mask, your first my last...
  • Options
    Juberoo wrote:
    Where can I find the Boston 2 from 98 online?

Go to Pearl Jam.Live
  • Options
    brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    Didn´t know that story, it´s really shocking because i really love the lyrics of this song...

well, its not one that ppl have heard about
    I dont think my friend Greg ever posted on here
    I havent seem him since that tour

Ed is an amazingly compassionate man!
    He cares for ppl he has never even met
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • Options
    brainofjb wrote:
    Ed is an amazingly compassionate man!
    He cares for ppl he has never even met

I´ve just seen the "Live at the Garden" concert and in the Dead Man version Ed dedicates the song to all the fans that were there very early...he´s a cool guy :D
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I´ve just seen the "Live at the Garden" concert and in the Dead Man version Ed dedicates the song to all the fans that were there very early...he´s a cool guy :D
    reminds me of Katowice and the reference to those that made the trip from Munich the previous day.. leading in to Small Town :)
  • Options
    As I read these comments, I just want to spend a few days listening to every show that has been mentioned. I wish each of us can have that joyous oppurtunity.

One show I recall as being very intimate was one of the Japan shows from 2003, where Ed plays solo during the 1st encore a rousing version of "Don't Be Shy". You can hear his fragile voice and the audience is dead silent.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    I was at this show and if im not mistaken he really lost his shit it at the end of "Black".
  • Options
    rssesq wrote:
    I was at this show and if im not mistaken he really lost his shit it at the end of "Black".

what show???
  • Options
    THCTHC Posts: 525
    brainofjb wrote:

thanks for sharing Jen!

Also...that is what I believe makes Ed so great. he is willing to be extremely vulnerable out there...which is not what most artist's are willing to do.
    he really ripps her heart out..and puts it up there for everyone to see!
    “Kept in a small bowl, the goldfish will remain small. With more space, the fish can grow double, triple, or quadruple its size.”
    -Big Fish
  • Options
    We as fans have had the oppurtunity to witness Ed's maturation process. We all can recall the days of 93, after Time put his face on the cover and Ed's disgust with his own fame. He would take the mic stand and assault the stage.

Over the last few years, Ed has become more and more laid back and caring. I think what happened in 2000, made not only Ed but the band appreciate life and too look at the positive side, how great being alive is and enjoying what you are doing, and showing it onstage. The best is yet to come.
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    hmmm, no i don't know who John was. But it's always a bit weird being in attendance when Ed is visibly emotional. In Milano '06 and Dusseldorf this year, he was noticeably very emotional, with tears streaming down his face. It's a very intimate thing yet there's 12,000 people watching.

Are you sure it wasn't sweat? At Sydney 3 I was sure he was crying, until he mopped his brow .. then I realised it was just sweat running down his face.
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    looked like tears to me in dusseldorf. ive seen him sweat, and ive seen him cry at 2 shows. very noticeable. they were all so upset at different parts of the copenhagen show, especially eds speech...jesus he was in bits, he did so well to make such a heartfelt speech
  • Options
    Viky wrote:
    He cryed before I believe in miracles in Bs As (11/25/2005) and then he couldn't sing all the song... the crowd did.

I´m listening to it once more...
    What a moment!!!
    tears are coming to my eyes now :D:D:D
  • Options
    I'd love to hear the Copenhagen boot...maybe they will put out a DVD of it. That would be great!

Pro-life by choice.
  • Options
    I´m listening to it once more...
    What a moment!!!
    tears are coming to my eyes now :D:D:D

They have this on Youtube. I've seen 7 or 8 pro-shot songs on Youtube from this show, probably from an Argentina TV show.