Options

The 5 Gallon Water Bottle Change Question!?!

2»

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,754
    Poncier said:
    brianlux said:
    My wife insists we throw our change into this hideous looking home-made mug until its full and then she cashes it in to use for buying Christmas presents.  It doesn't fill up very quickly these days, but then we don't buy very many Christmas presents any more. 
    Did I mention how hideous the mug is that we throw our change into?
    (Yet again, another photo I take and copy and paste and it gets squished.  That so strange.  But believe me, even if this photo wasn't squished, this mug would look hideous.  Did I mention that already?)
    That photo reminds me of the ashtray and mug Norma made in pottery class on the Wonder Years.

LOL, very good!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,981
    I have a big old wine jug that I dump change into. It has been full a couple times in the 20 years or so that I've been using it. 

Once when it was full, I bought a guitar and amp with the contents. The other time, my wife and I took a trip to Washington state.

It's surprising how quickly change adds up. 

Stick with it, Tempo! You'll get there someday. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    So it’s a 1/5th full. 

nooo. 1/7th or 1/8th
    1/8th I would say
    I actually measured it and it’s about a 1/5 full.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    That change adds up. Keep throwing it in there. I have a few mugs, cups and other things that I throw my change into. Last time I cashed out it was $289.

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,908
    I have a coffee can that I use for change. It usually amounts to a bit over $100 when full. There are no sorter machines nearby so I bought an automatic sorter online. Just plug it in and throw your change in the funnel and it sorts. You have to keep an eye on it though so you know when to swap out the paper tube when it gets full.