Options

Queens of the Stone Age

Comments

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,205
    edited August 2023
    So… I was wrong about the song suggestions. The setlist live was fan fucking tastic. 

Like Merkin said. Homme knows how to work a crowd. 

They turned Make it Wicu into a singalong and it worked. When it came on I was like ok. Here we go. But it turned into something great. 

High energy. Poster sucked. That’s my only complaint, lol. 

I met up w Glowgirl, her friend and the xfactor Xavier McDaniel. I got the xman into ga with us. I was on rail and they moved a little further in towards the middle. 

Didn’t get a chance to see Jose!!!

pics to follow. 
    You got some great photos. Agree with everything you said. Amazing show. Great hanging with you as always. When we moved towards the middle we got second row from rail. The guy in front of me left a bit early. So I was on the rail for the last few songs. I also got some great photos which I will post tomorrow. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,130
    So… I was wrong about the song suggestions. The setlist live was fan fucking tastic. 

They turned Make it Wicu into a singalong and it worked. When it came on I was like ok. Here we go. But it turned into something great. 

I met up w Glowgirl, her friend and the xfactor Xavier McDaniel. I got the xman into ga with us. I was on rail and they moved a little further in towards the middle. 

pics to follow. 
    nice meeting you and Glowgirl, thanks for getting me into GA, such a fun show. Is that John McEnroe in one of your photos?
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,931
    Wow 

We literally got to our seats as Smile played over the PA. Work ,traffic and a few other things created a very stressful situation but once No One Knows started, all that stress was erased. Place was packed and the band and crowd were on fire. Incredible show and there are obviously so many songs I’d love to see but the setlist was still killer. They just have too many great songs. All the new stuff sounded so great with Carnavouyer being my favorite. The outro to Made to Parade blew me away. The middle section of Chemistry actually made me feel like I was too high for a brief moment. Make it Wit u was definitely a highlighter and made me shrug my shoulders at some of the previous comments here about it. It killed live. Seeing that God is in the Radio was in that set was the only disappointment but that’s a minor issue. Songs for the dead might be the greatest closer ever. Really dug the slow intro to Go with the Flow. There were multiple moments were I just completely marveled at how fucking locked in these guys were, they are incredibly tight and Josh is a way better guitar player than I previously thought. John is a machine and I found myself drawn to him during so many moments. I already can’t wait to see them again.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    After all the issues with my brother in law getting our tickets from the transfer he did with his sister and train ride we made it into venue at 7:46 got two beers and a vodka tonic! Made our way into GA to meet up with her it was all worth it, I’m not familiar with their catalog but the band was on fire and sounded incredible glad I went would def see them again! Disappointed I didn’t get to meet up with everyone from here maybe next time
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    After all the issues with my brother in law getting our tickets from the transfer he did with his sister and train ride we made it into venue at 7:46 got two beers and a vodka tonic! Made our way into GA to meet up with her it was all worth it, I’m not familiar with their catalog but the band was on fire and sounded incredible glad I went would def see them again! Disappointed I didn’t get to meet up with everyone from here maybe next time
    Glad you enjoyed it! They were absolutely incredible. Hopefully next time we can meet up! 
  • Options
    This is my attempt at a cinematic video of "Go with the Flow" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=samEpeOAkHQ
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    I can’t add much to what has already been said. They are so incredible live. The right mix of banter and rocking out. The closing was so good. I didn’t want it to end. This was my third time seeing them and I think this show was the best of the three. 

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    I can’t add much to what has already been said. They are so incredible live. The right mix of banter and rocking out. The closing was so good. I didn’t want it to end. This was my third time seeing them and I think this show was the best of the three. 

Great pictures! On another note PJ should play the venue for like a week 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

I wish. It’s such a great venue. 
  • Options
    AW124797AW124797 Posts: 647
    What a show. Great crowd. Pardon my utter ignorance, but who performed before Queens? They sounded great. 
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    What a show. Great crowd. Pardon my utter ignorance, but who performed before Queens? They sounded great. 

Phantogram. They were really good.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,653
    edited August 2023
    Nick, agree w/ what you said about Carnavoyeur & Made To Parade… I found myself lost in those songs… those new tracks really do translate well live… had similar experiences for both Evil Has Landed & In The Fade too. Man, these guys know how to write. 

Agree also w/ your assessment of how locked in they are, & GG suggesting this is the best they’ve ever sounded… they really are at the top of their game right now. Anyone on the fence about seeing this tour, gtf off the fence & get a ticket, you won’t regret it. 
  • Options
    Nick, agree w/ what you said about Carnavoyeur & Made To Parade… I found myself lost in those songs… those new tracks really do translate well live… had similar experiences for both Evil Has Landed & In The Fade too. Man, these guys know how to write. 

Agree also w/ your assessment of how locked in they are, & GG suggesting this is the best they’ve ever sounded… they really are at the top of their game right now. Anyone on the fence about seeing this tour, gtf off the fence & get a ticket, you won’t regret it. 
    Also a highlight was the sing a long with "Make it with Chiu".
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options

They really are at the top of their game. The first time I saw them was at Webster Hall (small venue) in 2005. I didn't think anything could beat that show. But I think this one did for sure.

• Options
    GlowGirl said:

They really are at the top of their game. The first time I saw them was at Webster Hall (small venue) in 2005. I didn't think anything could beat that show. But I think this one did for sure.

It’s so hard to rank them… the ‘02 Boston & ‘17 Portland shows are some of my all time favorite concerts by *anyone*, but I can’t say they didn’t execute or sound better two nights ago. 

I hope they do another NA leg in the spring, I want more!!!!!!
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,389

pics to follow. 
    nice meeting you and Glowgirl, thanks for getting me into GA, such a fun show. Is that John McEnroe in one of your photos?
    Yeah, That is he.  His wife Patty Smyth was right next to him but I couldn’t get a good pic.

I know he was a big fan of PJ.  Glad he’s a fan of QOTSA too.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,389
    nicknyr15 said:
    Wow 

We literally got to our seats as Smile played over the PA. Work ,traffic and a few other things created a very stressful situation but once No One Knows started, all that stress was erased. Place was packed and the band and crowd were on fire. Incredible show and there are obviously so many songs I’d love to see but the setlist was still killer. They just have too many great songs. All the new stuff sounded so great with Carnavouyer being my favorite. The outro to Made to Parade blew me away. The middle section of Chemistry actually made me feel like I was too high for a brief moment. Make it Wit u was definitely a highlighter and made me shrug my shoulders at some of the previous comments here about it. It killed live. Seeing that God is in the Radio was in that set was the only disappointment but that’s a minor issue. Songs for the dead might be the greatest closer ever. Really dug the slow intro to Go with the Flow. There were multiple moments were I just completely marveled at how fucking locked in these guys were, they are incredibly tight and Josh is a way better guitar player than I previously thought. John is a machine and I found myself drawn to him during so many moments. I already can’t wait to see them again.
    Nick. Watch “Guitar moves” with him.  He has some serious chops on guitar.

When he adlibbed that guitar solo, I think it was adlibbed, I enjoyed that part ther most of the evening.
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,660

Dc show night 1 was great. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    https://youtu.be/hfvTETxLm8Y

“Smoke your weed and take your mushrooms New York”

I was so high I forgot that he forgot some lyrics in the beginning 😂😂😂
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    GlowGirl said:

Yeah there’s not a bad seat and the GA section was nice and relaxed for the most part I never felt  crunched up at all I did use my shortness as my crutch everyone let me move up got to around mid GA  the sound was so clean & crisp you could hear every note! 

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    GlowGirl said:

Yeah there’s not a bad seat and the GA section was nice and relaxed for the most part I never felt  crunched up at all I did use my shortness as my crutch everyone let me move up got to around mid GA  the sound was so clean & crisp you could hear every note! 

Dude the sound was amazing. You could hear everything so clearly. I remember having the same experience with My morning jacket when I saw them here a few years back. I see Strokes are playing next Saturday. I do enjoy them but I’ve heard mostly negative things about their live shows. 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,255
    great pics everyone!

still a few songs which I haven't heard live yet which I would like to Medication, In My Head and Kalopsia. There are a few others but they have never or rarely performed them live.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    GlowGirl said:

Dude the sound was amazing. You could hear everything so clearly. I remember having the same experience with My morning jacket when I saw them here a few years back. I see Strokes are playing next Saturday. I do enjoy them but I’ve heard mostly negative things about their live shows. 
    I am going to Arctic Monkeys at Forest Hill on Sept. I saw the Strokes when they opened up for RHCP last summer. I like a lot of their songs. But they were so loud it was almost painful. And I can deal with loud music. I am getting to that age where I should buy a good set of ear plugs since I go to a lot of concerts. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    GlowGirl said:

I am going to Arctic Monkeys at Forest Hill on Sept. I saw the Strokes when they opened up for RHCP last summer. I like a lot of their songs. But they were so loud it was almost painful. And I can deal with loud music. I am getting to that age where I should buy a good set of ear plugs since I go to a lot of concerts. 
    That's a plus for Forest Hills is giving the free ear plugs when you ask for them.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    That was a great setlist. I hope to get Lost Art
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    That 1-2 punch of no one knows into lost art Was incredible. I was happy to get it instead of sick sick sick. Although some dude a few rows behind us kept yelling sick sick sick. I yelled back ain’t happening tonight kid. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    That 1-2 punch of no one knows into lost art Was incredible. I was happy to get it instead of sick sick sick. Although some dude a few rows behind us kept yelling sick sick sick. I yelled back ain’t happening tonight kid
    Tell me you're from NY without saying you're from NY. 

:D  
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    That 1-2 punch of no one knows into lost art Was incredible. I was happy to get it instead of sick sick sick. Although some dude a few rows behind us kept yelling sick sick sick. I yelled back ain’t happening tonight kid
    Tell me you're from NY without saying you're from NY. 

:D  
    😂😂
  • Options
    When I hear myself back on videos it really hits me sometimes.