Options

How many pj fans from N.Ireland?

pools of maroonpools of maroon Posts: 454
edited May 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
How many of us are up here in the north? I know there are alot of diehards in the south! its just sometimes i feel like i'm the only fan here! Are there others like me? Is my wife right? Is it alright to be 33 and obessed with the same band for 14 years? Please help!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    leashleash Posts: 79
    its perfectly healthy, don't listen to her! You going to wembley?
    ......we were but stones, your light made us stars......

2005 - Kitchener/London/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006 - Astoria/Dublin/Leeds/Reading/Bologna/Verona/Milan/Torino
    2007 - London/Copenhagen/Lollapalooza!!!

http://www.myspace.com/afraid_not_scared
  • Options
    davetendaveten Ireland Posts: 143
    not far from ya,im up here in donegal.pj all the way...............
    cork 96,dublin 96,dublin 00,dublin 06,london 08, dublin 10, belfast 10, ev solo London 2012
  • Options
    Counting the days to Wembly man! four of us flyin out from Georgie Best on the Sunday. Me and my bro have 10c tickets (although i'm the fanatic!) my sis in -law and her man have seating tickets, can't wait i think it's gonna be something reall special! R u guys goin? We're from Portadown by the way. Thanks for replyin guys its good to know i,m not alone outhere!
  • Options
    maximuspainmaximuspain Posts: 13
    three of us from heading over on the monday from lurgan :)
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    I'm from drogheda...close enough for ya???
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    im in south armagh going with 4 mates
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 540
    I'm from the south but go to uni here in Belfast... do i count?
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    moho wrote:
    I'm from the south but go to uni here in Belfast... do i count?
    If yer a pj fan you count with me! thanks again to everyone who has posted!Good to hear from fellow jammers!
  • Options
    three of us from heading over on the monday from lurgan :)
    You kidding me? PJ fans that close to me!?
  • Options
    BlackieBlackie Posts: 30
    Two from Newry, also a fan since 93! Think there's still a few of us left round here!

Flying out from Dublin on the Monday morning
  • Options
    Blackie wrote:
    Two from Newry, also a fan since 93! Think there's still a few of us left round here!

It does your heart good! Now i know there are a few kindred spirts out there, lets keep it quiet! we don't want to become popular!!!
  • Options
    i hate when people separate the north and south we are all one
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    Blackie wrote:

I'm flying from dublin on mon too...sure we might as well meet for a few scoops beforehand :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    I'm flying from dublin on mon too...sure we might as well meet for a few scoops beforehand :D

Aye sounds good, getting the 11.15 to Stanstead, you?
  • Options
    Blackie wrote:
    Aye sounds good, getting the 11.15 to Stanstead, you?

Fairly sure thats the one i'm gettin too...sweet :)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Unfortunatley it's ryanair, same for you?
  • Options
    robblerobble Posts: 63
    notice a few people leaving from the georgie best on sunday, im heading on the 1pm bmi flight. theres a few of us dotted close to belfast, i was once asked by a bouncer in katy dalys where i got my astoria shirt from :)
    Astoria 20-4-06, Dublin 23-8-06, London 18-06-07
    It's A Right Royal Cockney Barrel Of Monkeys
    All Monkfish Great And Small
  • Options
    wolfman wrote:
    i hate when people separate the north and south we are all one
    Sorry if i've annoyed you mate, i'm not one for tryin to seperate things, i'm just tryin to find out if there are any PJ fans in my neck of the woods. Like i said i know there are plenty of fans in ireland its just they are as rare as rockin horse shit round here. I mean on the very rare occasion i see someone in a PJ shirt or listenin to the music i always make an attempt to talk to them! Again i,m not into divides north, south i don't care just so long as we continue to rock the free world!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    robble wrote:
    notice a few people leaving from the georgie best on sunday, im heading on the 1pm bmi flight. theres a few of us dotted close to belfast, i was once asked by a bouncer in katy dalys where i got my astoria shirt from :)
    For a second there i thought we were gonna be on the same flight! Turns out i'm flyin out at 11.am with BMI! still maybe i'll see you at the airport! We'll not be hard to spot! Anybody on our flight?
  • Options
    robble wrote:
    theres a few of us dotted close to belfast, i was once asked by a bouncer in katy dalys where i got my astoria shirt from :)

I see the odd t-shirt around belfast alright! I always want to talk to them maroon but i think, eh.... maybe il seem a wee bit strange! :D But if you ever see me make sure to say hello!
  • Options
    moho wrote:
    I see the odd t-shirt around belfast alright! I always want to talk to them maroon but i think, eh.... maybe il seem a wee bit strange! :D But if you ever see me make sure to say hello!
    No problem mate be glad to say hello next time i see you in a PJ shirt! As for being a wee bit strange, well my excitement at seein someone who loves our band always overides the notion that this person might think your a freak! anyway my wife says i'm a freak anyhow! Wasn't the song "Strangest Tribe" written with us like- minded souls in mind!
  • Options
    i know some people on the flight who booked the same flight in and outbound as me, and now the girl is taunting me cause shes going to annoy me.
    bit pissed i have to go out a bit earlier to the arena, i got my tickets and the plastic on the front was melted and the tickets have heat damage, so i might have to get replacements .i have 4 seated, and i've two spare, nobody trusts me to give them the tickets once we get there because i dont know if they'll be accepted otherwise :(

i'll probably be wearing my pj shirts around auntie annies or limelight.
    mentioning auntie annies, occasional singer in there does a cover, and if anybody is on facebook here, search groups "auntie annies: :D
  • Options
    robble wrote:
    i know some people on the flight who booked the same flight in and outbound as me, and now the girl is taunting me cause shes going to annoy me.
    bit pissed i have to go out a bit earlier to the arena, i got my tickets and the plastic on the front was melted and the tickets have heat damage, so i might have to get replacements .i have 4 seated, and i've two spare, nobody trusts me to give them the tickets once we get there because i dont know if they'll be accepted otherwise :(

i'll probably be wearing my pj shirts around auntie annies or limelight.
    mentioning auntie annies, occasional singer in there does a cover, and if anybody is on facebook here, search groups "auntie annies: :D
    I reckon you'll be alright with the tickets once you get there! i've 10c tickets so i,ve to go out early too, maybe see u there!
  • Options
    Beck..Beck.. Posts: 535
    How many of us are up here in the north? I know there are alot of diehards in the south! its just sometimes i feel like i'm the only fan here! Are there others like me? Is my wife right? Is it alright to be 33 and obessed with the same band for 14 years? Please help!

Im 32 and ive been obsessed with pj since 91,16 great years.
    Cant wait for wembly,going to be the greatest.
  • Options
    smile75 wrote:
    Im 32 and ive been obsessed with pj since 91,16 great years.
    Cant wait for wembly,going to be the greatest.
    I,m shit a maths. It was 92 when i first got into them so i guess i should have said 15yrs. Glad to hear from a fellow fan!
  • Options
    I,m shit a maths. It was 92 when i first got into them so i guess i should have said 15yrs. Glad to hear from a fellow fan!
    And english too! shit at maths dammittt!!!!!
  • Options
    jeez, 15 and 16 years, im only 20 and been listening to them for 5 or 6 years, best i started early with them anyway :D
  • Options
    eoboeobo Posts: 102
    not flying out til the day of the gig, and from dublin too, cos we got cheap ased ryanair flights *ancient propeller planes here we come! = p* but rest assured, there are many, many MANY pj fans in the north. tried to start a thread for us ages ago but it never worked. thought i'd see about a revival http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=239672 = ).

can't WAIT for wembley.....see you all there!
    heh, keep her lit.

Dublin, 23/08/2006 = Lifechanging! X D

Katowice, 13/06/2007 = Phenomenal = )

London, 18/06/2007 = Pretty darn sweet = )

London Poster Wanted, PM if you have one for sale = )
  • Options
    robble wrote:
    jeez, 15 and 16 years, im only 20 and been listening to them for 5 or 6 years, best i started early with them anyway :D

I'm in the same boat! :D
  • Options
    moho , you in queens or UU ?