Options

Queens of the Stone Age - Where to start?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    and if you go to the store there's just a snake going across the screen and the words below it "soon..."
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    Awesome news. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Excellent
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    SNAKE BANK!!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    new album, In Times New Roman, coming out in June is the rumour. 

rqotsa - Not sure if this has been posted but the album is definitely part of a trilogy read bottom of the back cover

new band logo:

rqotsa - New logo from STOREQOTSA in high res

first single Emotion Sickness out May 11

Post image
    Reading those song titles over, they seem kinda silly. I wonder if they're purposely leaked fakes. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mckaymckay Posts: 160

rqotsa - Not sure if this has been posted but the album is definitely part of a trilogy read bottom of the back cover

new band logo:

Post image
    Reading those song titles over, they seem kinda silly. I wonder if they're purposely leaked fakes. 
    rumor has it is the last of the trilogy of Like Clockwork and villains.  If you look closely at the top pic with the vinyl you can see Villans and Like clockwork on the ribbon.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    So pumped for this
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,810
    tbergs said:
    Anyone dismissing the first album I just don't get it.  That was head and shoulders their best album.
    Well, I rate that right along with anyone who says Ten is PJs best album :wink:

Opinions man, we've all got one, but only mine matters when it comes to good music :lol:
    tbergs said:
    Anyone dismissing the first album I just don't get it.  That was head and shoulders their best album.
    Well, I rate that right along with anyone who says Ten is PJs best album :wink:

Opinions man, we've all got one, but only mine matters when it comes to good music :lol:
    I think the awesome thing about QOTSA is how varied the opinions are about them. Their catalog has something for everyone. 
    I tend to agree with you about Ten.  ST for them though just hits differently than the others.  It still has traces of Kyuss which is why I love it.
    ST is phenomenal... Rated R was when I first heard of them, and SFTD is what really got my interest. I never got into Kyuss, but want to. 

& for my $, ST might be my favorite after SFTD... Mexicola and Give the Mule What it Wants are just mind blowing. My friend and I were f'ing around with C standard tuning and were playing those two songs... they're so uncomplicated, and yet so well written. 

Where should I start w/ Kyuss? 
    Blues for the Red Sun.
    Sky Valley is a close second 
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,277
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067

new band logo:

Post image
    I doubt it but it's possible I guess. That's one hell of an album cover to burn on a decoy.
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,939
    Great to hear. Looking forward to some new music. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    pjl44 said:

new band logo:

Post image
    I doubt it but it's possible I guess. That's one hell of an album cover to burn on a decoy.
    I think the art is real. Just seems like most of the song titles have the same theme: combining two words or phrases into one. I Josh sometimes does that, but entire record?

I don't care, honestly. This is the guy who wrote a great song around "I've got a headache in my pants". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    pjl44 said:

new band logo:

Post image
    I think the art is real. Just seems like most of the song titles have the same theme: combining two words or phrases into one. I Josh sometimes does that, but entire record?

I don't care, honestly. This is the guy who wrote a great song around "I've got a headache in my pants". 
    Ha...yeah exactly. It sounds like we'll find out soon enough anyway.
  • Options
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,085
    so good, Josh is the groove master....and so great live
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    Pap said:
    It's ok.  The chorus kills.
  • Options