Star Wars May the 4th be with you (Spoilers)

Comments

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Maybe it’s because Andor and Obi-Wan have raised the bar, but I thought the first episode of Mandalorian S3 was just… meh.

It could also be just because I really hate Grogu.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,386
    goldrush said:
    Maybe it’s because Andor and Obi-Wan have raised the bar, but I thought the first episode of Mandalorian S3 was just… meh.

It could also be just because I really hate Grogu.
    I don’t hate Grogu, and I was remarkably underwhelmed. The only plot advancement we had was the IG recovery angle and the pirate storyline, both of which had me rolling my eyes. Re: the former… that’s one piss poor self destruct protocol built into the IG unit. 

I think the long wait for S3 had as much to do with feeling underwhelmed as Andor & Obi Wan did, at least for me. 

Every episode doesn’t have to be a banger, some need to set the stage for future episodes…. But if this first episode is an indicator of how this season is going to be, I’m not holding my breath for it to be as good as S1 or 2.  
    igotid88 said:
    Of the 3 they announced, this one is probably the least I'm enthused about... the other two sound interesting though. 

If the trailer is any indication, Asohka's going to be great. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

This May the Fourth, Carrie Fisher gets Walk of Fame star
    By The Associated Press
    Today

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Carrie Fisher is receiving a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, a May the Fourth tribute to one of the “Star Wars” franchise's most beloved figures.

On Thursday, Fisher — who died in 2016 — joins “Star Wars” co-stars Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill on the Hollywood tourist attraction that recognizes luminaries from film, television, music and other entertainment industries. The trio's stars are all located on the 6,800 block of Hollywood Boulevard, near where the original film debuted in 1977.

Fisher played Leia Organa, who over six films morphed from a princess to a general leading the forces of good in its fight against oppressive regimes aiming to control a galaxy far, far away. Billie Lourd will be accepting the star on behalf of her mother.

Fans have long campaigned for her to receive a Walk of Fame star. The honor comes on May the Fourth, essentially an official holiday for Star Wars fans that's a play on a line that Fisher said often in the films, “May the Force be with you.”

Devotees worldwide celebrate with a variety of tributes, while retailers hold special sales on Star Wars merchandise.

The induction ceremony will be held at 11:30 a.m. Pacific and livestreamed by the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce.

Fisher will be given the 2,754th star on the Walk of Fame. Ford received his star in 2003 and Hamill was honored in 2018.

Walk of Fame stars are given to performers who are nominated and a $75,000 fee is now required to create the star and maintain it.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    :clap:
    May the 4th be with you
    This is the May
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    igotid88 said:
    So a non jedi master teaches the padowans and let me guess, someone off's them or sways them to the, wait... DARKSIDE!!!!!

I really, really hope they come up with new storylines from people who've watched the damn movies.

What are people's thoughts on  Mandalorian S3? 

Some episodes were clunkers, but the last 2 episodes were fantastic... as was the Navarro pirate battle episode. 

It was definitely a step back from the high bar set by Obi Wan & Andor, but still true to the first two seasons, if that makes any sense. 
    Andor was compelling. really well done.

• myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Jedi Master Vedder says, May the 4th be with you!! 😜.  (Snapped this one in OKC 22) 

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,449

Some episodes were clunkers, but the last 2 episodes were fantastic... as was the Navarro pirate battle episode. 

It was definitely a step back from the high bar set by Obi Wan & Andor, but still true to the first two seasons, if that makes any sense. 
    I liked the expanded emphasis on the culture and story of Mandalorians. I am curious to see how the presence of the mythosaur is developed going forward. After the brief glimpse of it earlier in the season, I thought there might be something more substantial that was going to happen with it. 
    mickeyrat said:
    Andor was compelling. really well done.
    Loved it... can't wait until S2 & I hope they make more shows in this vein. 

I liked the expanded emphasis on the culture and story of Mandalorians. I am curious to see how the presence of the mythosaur is developed going forward. After the brief glimpse of it earlier in the season, I thought there might be something more substantial that was going to happen with it. 
    Agreed. 

I guess we're going to get a 4th season, and also a movie to tie it all together after the fact. I could have done without Moff Gideon as the antagonist again, but I enjoyed it all the same. 

I’m still really struggling with S3. We’ve only got the last 2 episodes to go, but it’s been such a disappointing season that we’re in no rush to finish it.

(Tim Rogers)
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    goldrush said:

I’m still really struggling with S3. We’ve only got the last 2 episodes to go, but it’s been such a disappointing season that we’re in no rush to finish it.
    I had a day last weekend where kid and wife were both other places.  Very rare to have hours to watch TV these days, let alone whatever I want to watch.
    Put in Mando S3.
    Have one or two episodes left and I really liked some parts and found some parts beyond boring.
    Whole plot line with Doc Pershing and Kane is pretty much unwatchable.   Awful.  Boring as hell.
    I love Jack Black.  Old school Tenacious D fan...saw them a bunch of times with no real crowd at tiny places when they were just starting.  That being stated, the part with him and Lizzo was lame.

Conversely I still like Mando and his buddies...and love the Katee Sackhoff stuff.

I also don't care when I finish.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I very much enjoyed the last two episodes... they were the best of the season IMO, but not really enough to save it... they definitely lost a step after S2.

Looking back on S2 in hindsight, with highlights like the Krait Dragon episode, the 1st Bo Katan appearance, Asohka's episode, the return of Boba Fett, Bill Burr's S2 episode...  S3 was a pretty big let down. 

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Finished Mando, the last episode was indeed badass

Looking forward to the next one....mainly because I love Rosario Dawson in anything.  I know that she will be all made up to look unrecognizable....but she will still be awesome.  🔥 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141

I miss igotid88
    Has anyone watched any of Ahsoka yet? As much as I was looking forward to it, I think I’m too burnt by Mandolorian S3 to start.

(Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    Has anyone watched any of Ahsoka yet? As much as I was looking forward to it, I think I’m too burnt by Mandolorian S3 to start.
    It's becoming The Walking Dead with all the spinoffs.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    goldrush said:
    I needed to watch the premiere over two nights. They dropped two episodes at once and it was too much. Haven't gone back for episode 3. It wasn't bad, but it was just a live-action version of the Rebels cartoon. I want to like it but I don't know that I do. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    goldrush said:
    I couldn’t get thru mando season 3.  Ahsoka two episodes in is awesome.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    I'm enjoying Ashoka, but I also enjoyed Mandalorian s3.  I like the mandalorian stuff.   The old Knights of the Old Republic games focused a lot of mandalorians, so I've enjoyed watching it get fleshed out a bit.

Loved rebels, so Ashoka feels like a natural continuation.   Only complain about episode 3 was that it was too short :)
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,449
    Zod said:
    I'm enjoying Ashoka, but I also enjoyed Mandalorian s3.  I like the mandalorian stuff.   The old Knights of the Old Republic games focused a lot of mandalorians, so I've enjoyed watching it get fleshed out a bit.

Loved rebels, so Ashoka feels like a natural continuation.   Only complain about episode 3 was that it was too short :)
    Yeah, we were watching it and it when it went to credits it was a surprise. Hopefully that is the only episode that is that short.  
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    I’ve been enjoying Ahsoka so far, although I don’t totally buy into Dawson’s version of the character, she often comes across as smug to me, however I haven’t yet watched Rebels so her performance may be grounded in episodes I haven’t seen.

Also, why did the last shot of episode 4 look like ass to me? Better to have just slapped on the wig and let it be.

A couple other questions/comments linger from the episode but they’d be highly spoilery so I’ll wait on those, lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • I struggled w/ Mandalorian S3... it was definitely a step back from the 1st 2 seasons, not to mention both Obi-Wan and Andor really upped the ante for the live action shows, so yeah... it was tough to get through. 

I'm enjoying Ahsoka so far, but agree w/ @DarthMaeglin about E4 & the ending. 

FTR, I loved Rebels, and am enjoying the continuation of these characters' storylines & developments.