Options

2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,968
    Wobbie said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Spurs actually have really good young nucleus , Keldon Johnson, Vassell, Sochan, Tre Jones, Branham....good support around Victor to start
    I have actually never heard of any of those dudes. :lol:
    Their record showed how great a nucleus they have.
  • Options
    Playoff Jimmy showed up again last night.  Heat up 1.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    Heat absolutely blitzed the Celts in 3rd quarter.
    Couldn't miss.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    How about the future of the Southwest division. Sorry Houston

Dallas - Luka
    Spurs - Wanbayama
    Grizzlies - Ja *
    Pelicans - Zion **

* If he can stop playing street thug
    ** If he can stop breaking
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,946
    Poncier said:
    Heat absolutely blitzed the Celts in 3rd quarter.
    Couldn't miss.
    I watched the end of that game....Celtics looked awful
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,108
    Wobbie said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Spurs actually have really good young nucleus , Keldon Johnson, Vassell, Sochan, Tre Jones, Branham....good support around Victor to start
    How would you when they prob had zero ESPN/tnt games and yes they prob tanked like any Smart team would do

imo if u ain’t making the playoffs and a unicorn is out there equals no brainer. Especially in nba where 1 player can change it all

they are all under 23, not 1’s but the type of guys who will thrive around victor… teams always looking for wings

vassell & Johnson 2 up n coming ones

sochan is draymond type, physical and great defender/rebounder… he actually played with victor as kids

plus a pretty decent coach

its San Antonio
    people barely paid attention when they dominated for 20 years

said they were boring… meanwhile last title in 2014 they played some of the best ball in nba history…lot of passing

• Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Wobbie said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    How would you when they prob had zero ESPN/tnt games and yes they prob tanked like any Smart team would do

imo if u ain’t making the playoffs and a unicorn is out there equals no brainer. Especially in nba where 1 player can change it all

they are all under 23, not 1’s but the type of guys who will thrive around victor… teams always looking for wings

vassell & Johnson 2 up n coming ones

sochan is draymond type, physical and great defender/rebounder… he actually played with victor as kids

plus a pretty decent coach

its San Antonio
    people barely paid attention when they dominated for 20 years

said they were boring… meanwhile last title in 2014 they played some of the best ball in nba history…lot of passing

I loved the previous Spurs teams, the players they have on them aren't them though.

Pop can make some ok players into good ones, I'll give him that but that team needs a little more help than Wemmy.

Shai Gilgious-Alexander isn't special for OKC.
    Lamello Ball for Charlotte isn't either.

I would have loved to see Wembayana ball with either of those teams though.  I think the pairing would have been better for short term success.
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    How about the future of the Southwest division. Sorry Houston

Dallas - Luka
    Spurs - Wanbayama
    Grizzlies - Ja *
    Pelicans - Zion **

* If he can stop playing street thug
    ** If he can stop breaking
    Luka needs help.
    Wemby will need some help too.
    Ja needs to develop a shot and he will be truly special. He has other moving parts on the team but they talk too much.
    Zion if he plays I think is one of the most explosive players out there.  

The NBA future looks good.  If superteams aren't a thing anymore it will be a fun watch to see who gets better.
  • Options
    we will see if his presence there in SA might bring in a free agent, i think it would help if they moved to Austin
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    we will see if his presence there in SA might bring in a free agent, i think it would help if they moved to Austin
    That place doesn't need a sports team, lol.  You see the traffic they have there now?

San Antonio is a neat town, maybe not the night life of Austin but it still has one.
  • Options
    Lakers looked great for 3 quarters then forgot how to play.  Lebron couldn't hit a 3.  They let up wayyyy too many fast break points.

Lakers can beat the Nuggetts if they stay consistent.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,484
    Where is Tatum on 4 quarters??..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    So watching these first 2 games each I know the Lakers can play better.  I do not think the Celtics can play better.
  • Options
    So watching these first 2 games each I know the Lakers can play better.  I do not think the Celtics can play better.
    The Celtics can absolutely play better, especially on the defensive end.
    Will they? Who knows.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,447
    looks like a non-super team is gonna win the title. of the 7 Heat players to play 20+ minutes last night, only 3 were drafted :tired_face:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Poncier said:
    Will they? Who knows.
    Apparently they will not.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Will they? Who knows.
    lol and neither will the Lakers.

I have said this about the Celtics and Tatum.  He seems to disappear sometimes.  Dude is soooo good during the regular season.

So, Playoff Jimmy and company?  Fun to watch.  I want them to beat Jokic and the Laker slayer Murray.

Miami is running on all cylinders right now.  The whole team is playing good ball.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    looks like a non-super team is gonna win the title. of the 7 Heat players to play 20+ minutes last night, only 3 were drafted :tired_face:
    Playoff Jimmy and company are a very well run organization.

It's also really fun basketball to watch!  I wish Herro was able to play, he's been such a big part of this team.  Shame he has to miss this run.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Will they? Who knows.

So, Playoff Jimmy and company?  Fun to watch.  I want them to beat Jokic and the Laker slayer Murray.

Miami is running on all cylinders right now.  The whole team is playing good ball.
    If they weren't beating the snot out of my team, I'd find them an enjoyable watch.
    The no name cast of characters after Butler and Bam are playing lights out. They can't friggin' miss right now.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    edited May 2023
    This Heat series has been easy money from a betting standpoint. The point spreads have been insane. Too many bettors seem to feel that "Well Miami is a #8 seed and Boston is a #2 seed." That's why, amazingly, the Celtics were favored in game 3 on the road. Even now, Miami is only giving 1.5 points in game 4 lol. People should've thrown out the regular season weeks ago when Miami beat the Bucks and Knicks, and looked way better doing it than Boston did against the Hawks and Sixers. 

I took the Heat money line in all three games, and will be doing it again in game 4. At this point, Boston wants nothing to do with forcing a game 5. They're checked out and can't wait for it to be over. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Will they? Who knows.

If they weren't beating the snot out of my team, I'd find them an enjoyable watch.
    The no name cast of characters after Butler and Bam are playing lights out. They can't friggin' miss right now.
    Duncan Robinson who has been killing it is a no name but he has showed up in the previous years playoffs too so I actually knew him, lowry and Love, the other dudes?  Nope.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Will they? Who knows.

Duncan Robinson who has been killing it is a no name but he has showed up in the previous years playoffs too so I actually knew him, lowry and Love, the other dudes?  Nope.
    Robinson was out of the rotation and only got back in because of Herro's injury.
    Only played in 42 games with 1 start, averaged 6.4 PPG
    His contract extension (5 years, $90 Million) was looking like a total bust.
    Not so much now.
  • Options
    Miami as 8 seeds in both NHL & NBA has been a trip....I still like Denver to win it all, but Miami tough as shit
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Will they? Who knows.

Robinson was out of the rotation and only got back in because of Herro's injury.
    Only played in 42 games with 1 start, averaged 6.4 PPG
    His contract extension (5 years, $90 Million) was looking like a total bust.
    Not so much now.
    Yeah I only remember him because of previous playoffs.  Dude shows up for them.  He played good in the finals against the Lakers.  Never knew who the hell he was until then, lol.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281
    Glad Denver gets to play for the title! Now let’s see if Boston can bounce back down 3 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Glad Denver gets to play for the title! Now let’s see if Boston can bounce back down 3 
    Hats off to Lebron.  He played his heart out.  The rest of the team though, not so much.

Murray was a lightning rod this series.

Boston is not coming back.
  • Options
    Farewell to Carmelo Anthony.  One of the best scorers I had ever seen.  If he had some more help and didn't come to the Knicks I wonder?!?

9th in scoring all time and an NCAA title.  Sure fire HOFer.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281
    Farewell to Carmelo Anthony.  One of the best scorers I had ever seen.  If he had some more help and didn't come to the Knicks I wonder?!?

9th in scoring all time and an NCAA title.  Sure fire HOFer.
    Too selfish he never made teammates better but I agree great scorer and sure HOF! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Denver hit on Jokic in 2nd rd, like many Europeans who get looked over

Michael Porter slipping in the draft a bit due to injury, I remember thinking at the time if a team can let him sit a year due to his injury in college, they would benefit big time with their patience. He’s had a few more since, but 6-10 sharpshooters tough to find

murray coming off ACL a nice story….

do it for Dikembe, poor guy battling cancer
  • Options
    Oh yea Carmelo…. Jeez, releasing a produced retirement  piece the same day the team you forced a trade from makes their 1st final… sums it up

I loved his title in Syracuse, his days in Denver he was great but selfish 

Knicks days all about the limelight, no substance to it…. Like he was gonna waltz in and carry them to a title 🤣

oh Melo…. What could have been