“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    come on.

• ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Please!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    COME TO EUROPEEEE
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    YES!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249
    It'd be so great to see Neil in Europe again. Last time I saw him was 2016.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,838
    I’d take an Australian tour for sure 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,595
    Any relation to Malcom or Angus? Could see Neil do a cover of Let Me Put My Love Into You.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Fucking fuck YESSSSS
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Fucking fuck YESSSSS
    I’m hoping this enthusiasm is for the potential tour, and not the proposed AC/DC cover!  =)

(Tim Rogers)
    Another couple of reasons (plus the potential ORS 5 release) that I can’t afford $160 for the PJ Atlanta Vault…

(Tim Rogers)
    The debut album is his best album so. The CSG-version is the original mix before it was re-released with a new one?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    The debut album is his best album so. The CSG-version is the original mix before it was re-released with a new one?

(Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:

But wait, I thought he recalled the first album with that special mix and released a new version way back then... Isn't there two different mixes of the album available from when it was released (late 60s)?

So what is this then.... 

Wikipedia:

The first release of the album used the Haeco-CSG encoding system. This technology was intended to make stereo records compatible with mono record players, but had the unfortunate side effect of degrading the sound. Young was unhappy with the first release. "The first mix was awful", he was reported as saying in Cash Box of September 6, 1969. "I was trying to bury my voice, because I didn't like the way it sounded".[2]

The album was therefore partially remixed and re-released without Haeco-CSG processing. Most of the songs from the original album were re-released as-is, only without the Haeco-CSG processing. 
    A letter to NYA subscribers from Neil Young

May 23, 2023

Hi everyone,
    A big Canadian Welcome to NYeh!

We are now working on my Archives Box Set Volume 3 and 4 and almost ready to hand in V3. I really hope you like it.
    It’s huge.
    Lots of films and songs...
    Some may say it’s too big!!

I do these sets to make a record of what we have done over the years. These big boxes are weird in today’s digital world, but I still love them. They hold the quality images and audio, art, and liner notes. Soon many of you will see. It will be this year I believe and hope!

It will be too expensive for some, yet we rarely break even. We do it for love. You buy it with money. But if you don’t have the bread, we have it on NYeh! It’s all gonna be right here for you in the digital realm.

Thanks for being part of this.
    Early Volumes are being re-released soon. Eventually 6 volumes will be made for all of us who like that sort of thing.

Wait till you hear and see ‘Across the Water’ - the Crazy Horse epic from 1976! I can’t wait to send it to the Horse and soon - MAKE IT AVAILABLE TO YOU!!!

All the love my friends, Neil

NYA News

Listen to concerts on the apps - Live concerts are now available on the Apple app and shortly on the Android app. As with the concerts on the website, Rust members get access to all of them, while Classic members get to listen to the Concert of the Week.

You can access Timeline Concerts on both the Albums tab and on the Timeline in chronological order based on the date of the performance. Each performance has its own album cover with the location, date, and performing band.

Listen in your car - Now you can take all my music, concerts, and your playlists on the road and listen to them on cars equipped with Apple CarPlay. (Android Auto will follow shortly). This has been a big development effort and we’re excited how it turned out. Give it a ride! On CarPlay, the Timeline Concerts will appear in the list of albums.

Membership cost - Our subscriptions are going up by $5 per year beginning on May 25. We think NYA remains an incredible bargain with the new rates of $24.99/year ($2.99/mo.) for Classic and $44.99/year for Rust. 
    Our patron membership continues at $100. It’s the first increase in many years and enables us to keep growing.

-The NYA Team

(Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:

But wait, I thought he recalled the first album with that special mix and released a new version way back then... Isn't there two different mixes of the album available from when it was released (late 60s)?

So what is this then.... 

Wikipedia:

The first release of the album used the Haeco-CSG encoding system. This technology was intended to make stereo records compatible with mono record players, but had the unfortunate side effect of degrading the sound. Young was unhappy with the first release. "The first mix was awful", he was reported as saying in Cash Box of September 6, 1969. "I was trying to bury my voice, because I didn't like the way it sounded".[2]

The album was therefore partially remixed and re-released without Haeco-CSG processing. Most of the songs from the original album were re-released as-is, only without the Haeco-CSG processing. 

Was it that first album that Neil bought the entire first run of from the pressing plant and shot each box of them clean though with a rifle?  His dad talked about him doing that in Neil and Me but I don't remember for sure which album and it's not on my notes on the post-it in the back of my copy of Scott's book.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

edited May 2023
    There’s an interesting thread on one of the Neil FB groups discussing the June 24, 1995 PJ show where Ed got sick and Neil stepped in.

There’s a copyright registration from the Bill Graham Archives for a ‘motion picture’ recording of the show:

One of the replies to the post confirms it’s professionally shot multi camera footage (as opposed to the fan footage on YouTube):

This is the NeilJam part of the set list:

It looks like it’s completely separate from the ‘Mirror Ball Live’ box set that we have talked about in the past, as that is just the Dublin show.

Therefore it would be unlikely that this would get its own standalone physical release, but hopefully it will be included in the Archives Volume 4 box set or maybe just an NYA exclusive film.
    Post edited by goldrush on

(Tim Rogers)
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
    That Wolfgang’s vault my be worth writing to Neil’s letters page about. At the very least you’ll put it on their radar and get a response from Neil saying “they’ll look into it”. 
    goldrush said:
    There’s an interesting thread on one of the Neil FB groups discussing the June 24, 1995 PJ show where Ed got sick and Neil stepped in.

There’s a copyright registration from the Bill Graham Archives for a ‘motion picture’ recording of the show:

One of the replies to the post confirms it’s professionally shot multi camera footage (as opposed to the fan footage on YouTube):

This is the NeilJam part of the set list:

It looks like it’s completely separate from the ‘Mirror Ball Live’ box set that we have talked about in the past, as that is just the Dublin show.

Therefore it would be unlikely that this would get its own standalone physical release, but hopefully it will be included in the Archives Volume 4 box set or maybe just an NYA exclusive film.

I would buy a DVD of such a film in a heart beat!

These images have made their way into the interwebs. Hopefully an announcement is coming soon…

(Tim Rogers)
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    goldrush said:
    These images have made their way into the interwebs. Hopefully an announcement is coming soon…

Neil… Take my money!!!
    edited June 2023
    July 14th can’t wait!! PO up tomorrow
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249
    goldrush said:

Neil… Take my money!!!

I dont even care how much those albums will cost. Its a must-purchase.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
    Whoo hoo!  Yes, take my money too!  Even though I don't need or necessarily want Freedom- already have an original.  Have an original Ragged Glory as well but it's too much music one one LP.  The grooves are microscopic render what should be massive sound rather weak. And Weld... oh yeah, WANT!

Weld, broken Arrow and road rock are the only LPs I don’t own so this is a big purchase. 
    Tour dates are coming.

TOUR OF THE NORDICS LETS GO
    There was another Zoom call with Neil earlier. He said he was planning a solo acoustic tour on the West Coast in July with 80% rare or older songs that “you’ve never heard me do before”, including Song X from Mirror Ball.

He mentioned playing 4 or 5 nights in a “tiny theatre… close to one of the best-known theatres in the world”. FB speculation is mentioning Dolby Theatre a lot because it’s so close to the Hollywood Bowl.

There should be more info on NYA on Friday. 

Also, it seems that Chrome Dreams is finally on its way  =)

(Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    There was another Zoom call with Neil earlier. He said he was planning a solo acoustic tour on the West Coast in July with 80% rare or older songs that “you’ve never heard me do before”, including Song X from Mirror Ball.

He mentioned playing 4 or 5 nights in a “tiny theatre… close to one of the best-known theatres in the world”. FB speculation is mentioning Dolby Theatre a lot because it’s so close to the Hollywood Bowl.

Thanks as always for the update, Goldrush! Great news!

goldrush said:

That's cool. Not playing-sweden cool. But cool.

Would almost be worth the trip... But have no real urge to visit LA or that part of the US.