2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    lolobugg said:
    mickeyrat said:
    lolobugg said:

give us the run down.

Seeing Klipsh speakers?
    Guessing Pioneer TT

No clue on the rest.

1980 Yamaha turntable
    Bellari pre amp with a Mullard tube
    Pioneer SACD HD-DVD player
    Sony Dual Cassette deck
    1978 Sansui Receiver
    Klipsch Speakers 

That's some solid gear. Those old Yamaha turntables are nice sounding and tremendously reliable. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    lolobugg said:
    mickeyrat said:
    lolobugg said:

give us the run down.

Seeing Klipsh speakers?
    Guessing Pioneer TT

No clue on the rest.

1980 Yamaha turntable
    Sony Dual Cassette deck
    1978 Sansui Receiver
    Klipsch Speakers 

Logan is in da house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    edited May 2023
    dudeman said:
    lolobugg said:
    mickeyrat said:
    lolobugg said:

give us the run down.

Seeing Klipsh speakers?
    Guessing Pioneer TT

No clue on the rest.

1980 Yamaha turntable
    Sony Dual Cassette deck
    1978 Sansui Receiver
    Klipsch Speakers 

That's some solid gear. Those old Yamaha turntables are nice sounding and tremendously reliable. 
    Thanks man. Yamaha is a YP-D6. solid old bastard........ i guess I'm in that 15% that buys vinyl that actually plays it. LOL.
    Post edited by lolobugg on

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

lolobugg said:
    dudeman said:
    lolobugg said:
    mickeyrat said:
    lolobugg said:

give us the run down.

Seeing Klipsh speakers?
    Guessing Pioneer TT

No clue on the rest.

1980 Yamaha turntable
    Sony Dual Cassette deck
    1978 Sansui Receiver
    Klipsch Speakers 

Thanks man. Yamaha is a YP-D6. solid old bastard........ i guess I'm in that 15% that buys vinyl that actually plays it. LOL.
    Haha! Yeah, me too. 

Have you ever experimented with the placement of your speakers in your room? Setting them up so they are the same distance from the wall behind them and placing them so your listening spot is in between the speakers should make a good system sound even better. 
    dudeman said:
    lolobugg said:
    dudeman said:
    lolobugg said:
    mickeyrat said:
    lolobugg said:

give us the run down.

Seeing Klipsh speakers?
    Guessing Pioneer TT

No clue on the rest.

1980 Yamaha turntable
    Sony Dual Cassette deck
    1978 Sansui Receiver
    Klipsch Speakers 

Haha! Yeah, me too. 

Have you ever experimented with the placement of your speakers in your room? Setting them up so they are the same distance from the wall behind them and placing them so your listening spot is in between the speakers should make a good system sound even better. 
    Yeah. the room i have them in right now is def not ideal for the best listening but these Klipsch are sooooooooo smooth, man. 

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    dudeman said:
    lolobugg said:
    dudeman said:
    lolobugg said:
    mickeyrat said:
    lolobugg said:

give us the run down.

Seeing Klipsh speakers?
    Guessing Pioneer TT

No clue on the rest.

1980 Yamaha turntable
    Sony Dual Cassette deck
    1978 Sansui Receiver
    Klipsch Speakers 

Haha! Yeah, me too. 

I bought stands for the HPM 100s and the Martin Logans and noticed an absolute difference.
    dudeman said:
    lolobugg said:
    dudeman said:
    lolobugg said:
    mickeyrat said:
    lolobugg said:

give us the run down.

Seeing Klipsh speakers?
    Guessing Pioneer TT

No clue on the rest.

1980 Yamaha turntable
    Sony Dual Cassette deck
    1978 Sansui Receiver
    Klipsch Speakers 

Haha! Yeah, me too. 

I bought stands for the HPM 100s and the Martin Logans and noticed an absolute difference.
    That's what I found too. Placement of speakers relative to walls and the listening space can make or break the whole experience. 

It took me a long time to learn that. Haha
    mickeyrat said:
    dudeman said:
    mickeyrat said:
    in my possession,  now to get it in the house.

edit.
    in and quick hook up. little scratchy in the speakers through phono 1. but she plays!!!!!!

this weekend will crack it open to blow it out and deoxit etc....

now to order the lamp kit.

How does it sound compared to your Onkyo and the 2275?

2275 sounded good generally before cleaning. haven't gotten in to do anything yet on the 2265b. hope to do basics today. Am getting sound cutting out, scratchy when knob adjusting(balance etc).

onkyo has a certain sterilty? lack of depth? Dont get me wrong, it preforms admirably and sounds decent but just doesn't have that x factor marantz does.

so theres spraying pots etc, but am curious about actual cleaning of surfaces. particularly the heat sinks. theres a specific odor like burnt greasy dust on power. in fact out of its shipping box it was prominent.

so any direction in just basic cleaning to then be able to better assess what she needs would be helpful.
    Any word on when you will get your 2275 back?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    dudeman said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dudeman said:
    mickeyrat said:

edit.
    in and quick hook up. little scratchy in the speakers through phono 1. but she plays!!!!!!

2275 sounded good generally before cleaning. haven't gotten in to do anything yet on the 2265b. hope to do basics today. Am getting sound cutting out, scratchy when knob adjusting(balance etc).

onkyo has a certain sterilty? lack of depth? Dont get me wrong, it preforms admirably and sounds decent but just doesn't have that x factor marantz does.

so theres spraying pots etc, but am curious about actual cleaning of surfaces. particularly the heat sinks. theres a specific odor like burnt greasy dust on power. in fact out of its shipping box it was prominent.

so any direction in just basic cleaning to then be able to better assess what she needs would be helpful.

no word yet. this weekend marks 8 weeks I think.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    dudeman said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dudeman said:
    mickeyrat said:

edit.

no word yet. this weekend marks 8 weeks I think.
    Be strong, friend! You're in the home stretch now. 
    Sooo I brought the 1229Q out of storage, wanted to run it despite its issues and it gave me a chance to do an A/B of sorts on the 2265B. After the initial deoxit on the 2265B I was still getting fade out on the right channel. Respray and it was still happening. So was thinking, it goes in for service once the 2275 comes home.

Man, have no idea whats going on, but strong signal now from both channels on both phono 1(1229Q) and 2 (1228).

Lanegan through the 1229Q and the 2265B , sounds soo fucking good.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Glad it's working! Maybe the Deoxit just needed some time to get into the places that needed it.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I've had that happen to mean cleaning other things before. Think the deoxit did very little, come back later and its clean.
    edited May 2023
    dudeman said:
    Glad it's working! Maybe the Deoxit just needed some time to get into the places that needed it.

must be. means I will put off service.

meantime, just ordered a new stylus. OG is fine and will continue to use or keep as a back up.

Analogis(Swiss) made N75 BD Nude E from DaCapo Audio.

I like how it sounds as a N95 on the 1228.

now do I jump at a og cover with no apparent cracks , just swirl marks on the top which should buff out just fine... came with a lift off monstrosity easily 8 inches tall..... looks goofy as fuck.

mickeyrat said:
    dudeman said:

must be. means I will put off service.

meantime, just ordered a new stylus. OG is fine and will continue to use or keep as a back up.

Analogis(Swiss) made N75 BD Nude E from DaCapo Audio.

I like how it sounds as a N95 on the 1228.

now do I jump at a og cover with no apparent cracks , just swirl marks on the top which should buff out just fine... came with a lift off monstrosity easily 8 inches tall..... looks goofy as fuck.
    I use a M97 NOS on my Yamaha table. sounds beautiful

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

update on the 2275. received a text this morning it's now on the bench.....

mickeyrat said:

What? Is he just getting started?
    edited May 2023
    dudeman said:
    mickeyrat said:

What? Is he just getting started?
    yep.....
    having heard a 2238 in the shop he had on sale and for demo , I'm not concerned in the least. 2265B is jamming.....
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

will be done close of business.....

going to grab it tomorrow.

mickeyrat said:

That's great news! It's been a long couple months, I'm sure.
    dudeman said:
    mickeyrat said:

yep. all that for just 2 days on the bench to assess and repair

mickeyrat said:
    dudeman said:
    mickeyrat said:

yep. all that for just 2 days on the bench to assess and repair
    That's really frustrating.

When I was doing repair/service work professionally, I set appointments with my clients. They would bring stuff in and I would assess and diagnose problems while they were right there. 

That way, I could fix things on the spot if possible and I didn't have my whole shop full of stuff waiting for me to catch up. There was always stuff there that was waiting for parts but it was pretty minimal most times.

Everyone has their own way of doing things but that approach kept my workspace clean and my clients happy. 

I'm really excited for you to get it back. I'm still listening to mine daily, probably for too long. It just sounds so damn good!

sounds ok. he supposedly aligned the fm tuner. I dont see it. and the tuner wheel should spin freely right? its binding and also string is slipping occasionally.

mickeyrat said:
    sounds ok. he supposedly aligned the fm tuner. I dont see it. and the tuner wheel should spin freely right? its binding and also string is slipping occasionally.
    It should move like oiled ice and there should be absolutely no binding of the tuner mechanism. 

What all did he do?
    edited May 2023
    dudeman said:
    mickeyrat said:
    It should move like oiled ice and there should be absolutely no binding of the tuner mechanism. 

What all did he do?

2 lamps, replaced one hot cap, aligned tuner, tuner needle lamp. maybe 1 or 2 other things.

theres a stiffness to the wheel. really need to run through the paces when I am fresh for an accurate assessment. 

dude is kind of a dick. told him about the 2265b , he responded "oh, I'm sorry". maybe it was me being tired but it landed way wrong....
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

wife is going to dinner with her kids. belated mothers day.

cant wait.

will get to blast this thing!!!!!

edited May 2023

NOW SPINNING  Half Speed Master  Dual 1228 into a Marantz 2275 to pair of Onkyo Fusion AV SK-50 4 ways
    volume at 50%

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,603
    mickeyrat said:

NOW SPINNING  Half Speed Master  Dual 1228 into a Marantz 2275 to pair of Onkyo Fusion AV SK-50 4 ways
    volume at 50%

That's ear splitting 
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

volume at 50%

That's ear splitting 

well I was "on the rail"...... say speaker 4 ft to either side....