ISO: 1995 Voters For Choice poster

jpdannabellejpdannabelle T. Posts: 831
edited April 2023 in Lost Dogs
Hey, Looking for a copy of this poster if anyone has one they'd like to let go. Let me know how much you'd want for it. Any condition is ok. Thanks!

...........and Evelyn 

Post edited by jpdannabelle on

Comments

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    Hey, Looking for a copy of this poster if anyone has one they'd like to let go. Let me know how much you'd want for it. Any condition is ok. Thanks!

I was at that show. Were you? I used to have the tshirt but haven’t seen it in years. I remember having to send postcards to a radio station to get a chance at tickets. My friend and I sent in around 50 postcards each. I got lucky and one of mine was picked. 
  • jpdannabellejpdannabelle T. Posts: 831
    GlowGirl said:

I was at that show. Were you? I used to have the tshirt but haven’t seen it in years. I remember having to send postcards to a radio station to get a chance at tickets. My friend and I sent in around 50 postcards each. I got lucky and one of mine was picked. 
    No I wasn’t there but looks like it was a killer show. Saw bits and pieces on the web. Would love to add this poster to my collection. Thanks for the reply!!
    ...........and Evelyn 

• RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    I was at this show as well. 4 friends and I sent 200 postcards each. 2 of us won. We all went and scalped for $210 a seat so we could all go to both nights. We were in college and it was truly the time of our lives. We stayed with a friend at his campus at Randolph-Macon College and drove to the show from there. There is some video of my buddy on crutches in front of Constitution hall that was on MTV somewhere.

I have the ticket stub, tee shirt (not this image) and what I have with this image isnt a poster, its a approx. 3 x 8 tri-fold handed out at show parking. I think I may have a couple of them  No one else wanted them! Ill try to post some pics tonight.

The show was not so well received. People were used to Dave and did not immediately appreciate Jack, to say the least.
    RS65573 said:
    I was at this show as well. 4 friends and I sent 200 postcards each. 2 of us won. We all went and scalped for $210 a seat so we could all go to both nights. We were in college and it was truly the time of our lives. We stayed with a friend at his campus at Randolph-Macon College and drove to the show from there. There is some video of my buddy on crutches in front of Constitution hall that was on MTV somewhere.

I have the ticket stub, tee shirt (not this image) and what I have with this image isnt a poster, its a approx. 3 x 8 tri-fold handed out at show parking. I think I may have a couple of them  No one else wanted them! Ill try to post some pics tonight.

The show was not so well received. People were used to Dave and did not immediately appreciate Jack, to say the least.
    Cool story!
    ...........and Evelyn 

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    RS65573 said:

Awesome story. I only went the one night. But I have a funny story as well. Once you won the right to buy the ticket from the radio station (WHFS I believe) you had to go pick it up in person at the venue during the time they specified or you would forfeit the ticket. Only the person who got the tickets could pick them up and you had to show ID. It turned out that the time I had to be there was the same time as the comp exam I had to take for my Master’s Degree. I could not miss that. I had to spend a really long time on the phone with multiple people begging them to let me send someone else to pick up the tickets. I ended up having to fax my drivers license and some letter giving my permission for my friend to pick it up. My friend wasn’t the one going to the show with me so I had to pay her $50 to drive down to DC and wait in line to get the ticket. Of course I was stressing about it all through my exam. Luckily it all worked out but it was stressful making it happen. 
    GlowGirl said:
    RS65573 said:

Awesome story. I only went the one night. But I have a funny story as well. Once you won the right to buy the ticket from the radio station (WHFS I believe) you had to go pick it up in person at the venue during the time they specified or you would forfeit the ticket. Only the person who got the tickets could pick them up and you had to show ID. It turned out that the time I had to be there was the same time as the comp exam I had to take for my Master’s Degree. I could not miss that. I had to spend a really long time on the phone with multiple people begging them to let me send someone else to pick up the tickets. I ended up having to fax my drivers license and some letter giving my permission for my friend to pick it up. My friend wasn’t the one going to the show with me so I had to pay her $50 to drive down to DC and wait in line to get the ticket. Of course I was stressing about it all through my exam. Luckily it all worked out but it was stressful making it happen. 
    Sigh…. Don’t you miss the simple times before smart phones…..
    ...........and Evelyn 

• LetMySpiritPassLetMySpiritPass Lakewood Colorado Posts: 195
    If anybody has an extra ticket stub from either of the VFC 1995 shows, I'd love to have one.

Brian wrote the set list down after one of the shows. RIP bri. 
    Bump
    ...........and Evelyn 

Is there actually a poster of this image? What size is it?
    RS65573 said:
    Is there actually a poster of this image? What size is it?
    Yup I’m looking for it lol. I think it’s around 18x24
    ...........and Evelyn 

Bump
    ...........and Evelyn 

Bump
    ...........and Evelyn 

Bump
    ...........and Evelyn 

Bump
    ...........and Evelyn 

Bump
    ...........and Evelyn 

Bump 
    ...........and Evelyn 

Bump
    ...........and Evelyn 

Bump
    ...........and Evelyn 

Bump
    ...........and Evelyn 

Bump
    ...........and Evelyn 

Bump
    ...........and Evelyn 

Bump
    ...........and Evelyn 

Bump
    ...........and Evelyn 

bump
    ...........and Evelyn 

Bump
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Bump
    ...........and Evelyn 

• finchfinch Posts: 15
    Yes, there definitely was a poster..... I was at both shows, had it framed years ago and had them put my 2 ticket stubs in there... probably not a smart idea in hindsight! lol
  • finch said:
    Yes, there definitely was a poster..... I was at both shows, had it framed years ago and had them put my 2 ticket stubs in there... probably not a smart idea in hindsight! lol
    Ooooh. Hope they didn’t tape them down. Great poster though. Still on the hunt for one. 
    ...........and Evelyn