The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,783
    PJNB said:
    euchrid said:
    JimmyV said:
    It’s gonna be a tour + album announcement next week^
    If it is an album announcement, the rumored mini tour makes even less sense. Possible, but I would urge caution with expectations. 
    For Lightning Bolt they announced album and tour in one email in July: October 15 release. Tour starts Oct 11
    Lightning Bolt had two legs announced

This is not the Lightning Bolt 2013 tour. This isn’t even 2014.  

Wasn't Lightning Bolt the one with the three countdown timers?

IIRC, one countdown timer was something to do with Wrigley Field. Another timer was the album release and the last was the tour.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    myoung321 said:
    logan5ive said:
    JimmyV said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    SHN, Apollo, MSG and Camden. That's the northeast slate since Fenway 2 in 2018. (Yes, I am aware there was a pandemic during this period.)
    And its been a DECADE since the band played a non-festival show in Texas and that was 1 single show in Dallas.  Before that?  TWO DECADES.  Thousands $$$ in flights and hotels over the years to see your favorite band……but absolutely no regrets, 100% worth every dollar.   So sorry if I don’t have any sympathy for my east coast friends not getting more shows.  Apollo was pretty epic though! 
    Texas should and should have gotten more shows. No doubt. 

Texas has been starving for Pearl Jam shows for quite awhile. Some cities have been waiting longer than others. The last show in:

Austin - 2014

Dallas - 2013

Houston - 2003

San Antonio - 2003

Lubbock - 2000

Nacogdoches - 1993

Denton - 1993

and …

Ft Worth - Never

…I’m reminded of the Great Famine of 1315

Fort Worth... is the little sister of Dallas... not uncommon for Bands to skip FW... I mean the area is called DFW... This is why a show at AT&T Stadium would be great... Its in Arlington, half way between the two cities, easy access to DFW airport, which is a hub...and you could sell a shit load of tickets.. and the roof avoids any rain outs ... etc... Stadium and Air Conditioning..best of both worlds...hahaha
    Yup, totally understand this.  I do think its a little crazy that they havent visited the 4th largest city in the US in over 20 years.  But that is coming from someone who lives in Houston.... have no idea what the background is and how they feel about the city.  Ive traveled around the world to see them, just wish i could see them in my backyard.
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    D-Rod said:
    Pottsy199 said:
    Doug87 said:
    Bunting10 said:
    Doug87 said:
    Alright summary of where we think we are shows and dates 

Minnesota - maybe in Duluth (Amsoil arena there has a capacity of 9k and so that could mean two shows IF the location and venue). Maybe Sep 1?

Either 2 in Minnesota or Made in America in Philly with 1 in Minnesota or both if start in very late August (August 28 - 30 ish)

Chicago - United Center (Sep 5 and Sep 7)

Noblesville - Ruoff Amphitheater - Sep 10

Dallas/Forth Worth - Dickies Arena

Austin - Moody Center

Las Vegas (possible reference to Vegas stadium in PJ clip and post by Mr T Shirt with dice).

Sacramento?  (I’ve been everywhere possible clue with Winnemucca road reference, possible that Fresno reference (tower) in PJ clip referenced a show north of LA in California).

Ohana Festival (last weekend in September, possible that San Diego reference in PJ clip referenced Ohana)

also mentioned as possible: Boston (Mansfield) and Detroit

Tour almost all, if not entirely all, in September.

Assuming that no Detroit or Boston: 

With that timing, there would be enough time for 2 in Dallas and 2 in Austin if they want to leading up to Ohana (even if 3 days between moving cities and 1 day between shows if 2 nights in 1 city).
    Wasn’t there a hold in Pittsburgh?  No way I’m going back to find that info in this thread, but I’m pretty sure that was mentioned.  That could be somewhere between Indy and Philly. 
    There was a bunch of dialogue on PPG but I don’t remember anything about a hold (certainly could have missed it though).

I do remember seeing picture and date from 2013 with 2013 pricing several times. Can’t remember context of the picture.

Certainly possible that they could do Detroit and/or Pittsburgh post Noblesville if they only do 1 show each in Dallas and/or Austin.

but the previous mention of multiple cities getting two nights makes me wonder about Texas getting multiple nights.

right now, we only know “for sure” of one city getting two with that being Chicago.

Are those chicago dates likely to be very popular. Is there a good chance of tickets both nights
    I am hoping to make at least one of them, hopefully both. One thing about the tickets though, since Illinois doesn’t allow non transferable tickets, there won’t be a F2F option for the shows. Many will be bought up and thrown back on TM or Stub Hub right away for high prices. It may require waiting out the scalpers until a few days before the show to have prices drop down. Or buying them from people on here who for some reason can’t make it to the show.
    I'm more thinking of the 10c lottery. If you put these 2 shows as your priority.
    Usually, 10c will only allow you to win one night of a two night run in a city. So, I'd pick the night you want most and put it in 1st priority.
    I've gotten 10c seats for both Wrigley shows in '16 and '18 through the lottery.
    Stadium shows equal more tickets! Arena shows less tickets you won’t get both. 
    In 2014, I got both St Louis and Milwaukee (I chose St. Louis priority 1 and Milwaukee priority 2).  Is there different rules when they are two arena shows in the same city.  My memory doesn’t go back that far 
    If there are 2 shows in the same city you can only win 10 club seats for one of the shows.  
    Don't believe that's true.... 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    myoung321 said:
    logan5ive said:
    JimmyV said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:
    SHN, Apollo, MSG and Camden. That's the northeast slate since Fenway 2 in 2018. (Yes, I am aware there was a pandemic during this period.)
    And its been a DECADE since the band played a non-festival show in Texas and that was 1 single show in Dallas.  Before that?  TWO DECADES.  Thousands $$$ in flights and hotels over the years to see your favorite band……but absolutely no regrets, 100% worth every dollar.   So sorry if I don’t have any sympathy for my east coast friends not getting more shows.  Apollo was pretty epic though! 

Texas has been starving for Pearl Jam shows for quite awhile. Some cities have been waiting longer than others. The last show in:

Austin - 2014

Dallas - 2013

Houston - 2003

San Antonio - 2003

Lubbock - 2000

Nacogdoches - 1993

Denton - 1993

and …

Ft Worth - Never

Fort Worth... is the little sister of Dallas... not uncommon for Bands to skip FW... I mean the area is called DFW... This is why a show at AT&T Stadium would be great... Its in Arlington, half way between the two cities, easy access to DFW airport, which is a hub...and you could sell a shit load of tickets.. and the roof avoids any rain outs ... etc... Stadium and Air Conditioning..best of both worlds...hahaha
    Yup, totally understand this.  I do think its a little crazy that they havent visited the 4th largest city in the US in over 20 years.  But that is coming from someone who lives in Houston.... have no idea what the background is and how they feel about the city.  Ive traveled around the world to see them, just wish i could see them in my backyard.
    Understandable... its a rarity to actually go home after a show...hahaha...
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 357
    myoung321 said:
    myoung321 said:
    logan5ive said:
    JimmyV said:
    vedpunk said:
    JimmyV said:

Austin - 2014

Dallas - 2013

Houston - 2003

San Antonio - 2003

Lubbock - 2000

Nacogdoches - 1993

Denton - 1993

and …

Ft Worth - Never

Understandable... its a rarity to actually go home after a show...hahaha...
    I live in the uk in a small town. Travelled all over Europe to see pearl jam and vedder. In 2014 they played at Milton Keynes which is 10 miles from my house. That was a good day.
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,032
    in a perfect world they would announce the US tour for this fall and the european tour for next year aswell
  • Options
    just_one said:
    in a perfect world they would announce the US tour for this fall and the european tour for next year aswell
    European tour probably get announced in December.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,060
    Today?
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Today?
    🤞
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,394
    PJNB said:
    Today?
    PJNB said:
    Today?
    Maybe? 
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,183
    just_one said:
    Agree. Think there is an excellent chance we will get a 2024 tour announced in November/December time 
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 655
    If they’re playing Ohana, announcement tomorrow. If not, maybe today.
  • Options
    drfox said:
    just_one said:
    Agree. Think there is an excellent chance we will get a 2024 tour announced in November/December time 
    Hopefully hyde park x2 again. They seemed to have a blast last year.
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,183
    drfox said:
    just_one said:
    Yes, I was a bit worried when it was first announced and thought it would be like a set of festival shows. But was very much similar to the two date US ballpark shows in 2016/18 with the setlist, increased merch offering etc
  • Options
    drfox said:
    drfox said:
    just_one said:
    Yes, I was a bit worried when it was first announced and thought it would be like a set of festival shows. But was very much similar to the two date US ballpark shows in 2016/18 with the setlist, increased merch offering etc
    Yeah it was so muxh better than I thought I'd would be. I've had bad gigs there before. That weekend was amazing.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,474
    Pottsy199 said:
    Doug87 said:
    Bunting10 said:
    Doug87 said:

Minnesota - maybe in Duluth (Amsoil arena there has a capacity of 9k and so that could mean two shows IF the location and venue). Maybe Sep 1?

Either 2 in Minnesota or Made in America in Philly with 1 in Minnesota or both if start in very late August (August 28 - 30 ish)

Austin - Moody Center

Las Vegas (possible reference to Vegas stadium in PJ clip and post by Mr T Shirt with dice).

Sacramento?  (I’ve been everywhere possible clue with Winnemucca road reference, possible that Fresno reference (tower) in PJ clip referenced a show north of LA in California).

Ohana Festival (last weekend in September, possible that San Diego reference in PJ clip referenced Ohana)

With that timing, there would be enough time for 2 in Dallas and 2 in Austin if they want to leading up to Ohana (even if 3 days between moving cities and 1 day between shows if 2 nights in 1 city).
    Wasn’t there a hold in Pittsburgh?  No way I’m going back to find that info in this thread, but I’m pretty sure that was mentioned.  That could be somewhere between Indy and Philly. 
    There was a bunch of dialogue on PPG but I don’t remember anything about a hold (certainly could have missed it though).

I do remember seeing picture and date from 2013 with 2013 pricing several times. Can’t remember context of the picture.

Certainly possible that they could do Detroit and/or Pittsburgh post Noblesville if they only do 1 show each in Dallas and/or Austin.

but the previous mention of multiple cities getting two nights makes me wonder about Texas getting multiple nights.

right now, we only know “for sure” of one city getting two with that being Chicago.

Are those chicago dates likely to be very popular. Is there a good chance of tickets both nights
    I am hoping to make at least one of them, hopefully both. One thing about the tickets though, since Illinois doesn’t allow non transferable tickets, there won’t be a F2F option for the shows. Many will be bought up and thrown back on TM or Stub Hub right away for high prices. It may require waiting out the scalpers until a few days before the show to have prices drop down. Or buying them from people on here who for some reason can’t make it to the show.
    I'm more thinking of the 10c lottery. If you put these 2 shows as your priority.
    Usually, 10c will only allow you to win one night of a two night run in a city. So, I'd pick the night you want most and put it in 1st priority.
    I've gotten 10c seats for both Wrigley shows in '16 and '18 through the lottery.
    In 2014, I got both St Louis and Milwaukee (I chose St. Louis priority 1 and Milwaukee priority 2).  Is there different rules when they are two arena shows in the same city.  My memory doesn’t go back that far 
    Usually if they do two MSG you get one show from 10C but not both, the only time I did was back in 03 but I believe that tour tickets were requested by mail I could be wrong 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,450
    Pottsy199 said:
    Doug87 said:
    Bunting10 said:
    Doug87 said:

Austin - Moody Center

They've tried a couple different things over the years but last time in Boston at least you could theoretically get both. Just subject to the lottery system like any other individual show.
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 655
    drfox said:
    drfox said:
    just_one said:
    Also the sound in Hyde Park is fantastic. It never used to be but it’s vastly improved since my last show in Hyde Park, which was at least 10 years ago.
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 655
    PJNB said:
    Today?
    Let's hope!  It was my birthday yesterday and the wife's today.  So it has to be today lol
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,584

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    matt84 said:
    drfox said:
    drfox said:
    just_one said:
    Also the sound in Hyde Park is fantastic. It never used to be but it’s vastly improved since my last show in Hyde Park, which was at least 10 years ago.
    Much better than the 2010 show. What a great weekend 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,504
    I can’t see it being today considering Ohana is tomorrow and at least two people have reported radio announcements tomorrow.  

I’d love to be wrong, but if it’s tomorrow, that’s still a win.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,747
    Pottsy199 said:
    Doug87 said:
    Bunting10 said:
    Doug87 said:

Austin - Moody Center

Usually if they do two MSG you get one show from 10C but not both, the only time I did was back in 03 but I believe that tour tickets were requested by mail I could be wrong 
    I had 10C tickets for MSG shows in ‘08, but I can’t remember if that was before they started using the lottery system. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,664
    I can’t see it being today considering Ohana is tomorrow and at least two people have reported radio announcements tomorrow.  

Agreed.

Isn't it also uncommon for them to announce a tour in the monthly newsletter? 

I predict another reminder about memberships, and one or two more reminders on social media today & then the announcement tomorrow. 

If we don't get an announcement this week, then I don't know what to think. 
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,396
    yosi said:
    Pottsy199 said:
    Doug87 said:
    Bunting10 said:
    Doug87 said:

Austin - Moody Center

I had 10C tickets for MSG shows in ‘08, but I can’t remember if that was before they started using the lottery system. 
    That was the F5 era I do believe.

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    yosi said:
    Pottsy199 said:
    Doug87 said:
    Bunting10 said:
    Doug87 said:

Austin - Moody Center

Yes. That was F5. I got both MSG and both Camden thru F5.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,747
    yosi said:
    Pottsy199 said:
    Doug87 said:
    Bunting10 said:
    Doug87 said:

Austin - Moody Center

I think that’s correct. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,090

Agreed.

Isn't it also uncommon for them to announce a tour in the monthly newsletter? 

I predict another reminder about memberships, and one or two more reminders on social media today & then the announcement tomorrow. 

If we don't get an announcement this week, then I don't know what to think. 
    This.  That's my thinking as well. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Definitely on Team Today. It's going to be good. 
  • Options
    MMRBQ is Shinedown, not Pearl Jam.