Whiskey Clique

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    smile6680 said:
    I may be looking for a single ticket on the upcoming tour. Just for the hell of it. What would be an even trade for a ticket. 

I have an extra bottle(s) of Blantons, Stagg (formerly known as Jr.}, and E.H Taylor Rye. 
    I’d give you my extra if they were playing in a city a had interest in visiting but from what I’ve seen I’ll be passing on this tour plus I’d have to get lucky and score tickets 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    This is our monthly allocation for April. The Blantons Gold was a pleasant surprise.
    All of it goes in the vault for future drops, events, special occasions. 

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Eagle rare, blantons and buffalo trace are all allocated?  Wow...

Weller reserve I never see actually and you guys got 12.
    Eagle rare, blantons and buffalo trace are all allocated?  Wow...

Weller reserve I never see actually and you guys got 12.
    Actually its just 1
  • smile6680smile6680 Posts: 335
    smile6680 said:
    I may be looking for a single ticket on the upcoming tour. Just for the hell of it. What would be an even trade for a ticket. 

I have an extra bottle(s) of Blantons, Stagg (formerly known as Jr.}, and E.H Taylor Rye. 
    I wouldn't give up a PJ ticket for any of that.
    I'm not parting with my best stuff. Heck only a few of my good friends actually really know what I keep out of sight.
    This is our monthly allocation for April. The Blantons Gold was a pleasant surprise.
    All of it goes in the vault for future drops, events, special occasions. 

I would like to get my hands on a Blantons gold. 
    https://apple.news/Av0pQFaz-QvaYVfWvBMQN8Q
    Is this a whiskey that’s good? 
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    https://apple.news/Av0pQFaz-QvaYVfWvBMQN8Q
    Is this a whiskey that’s good? 
    I like Maker's Mark, although to be honest I typically use it as a mixer.

Now, Maker's 46 is really good to drink neat. Its probably a couple more bucks than regular Maker's Mark, but I think it's worth it.
    Tonight's ticketed event....

What are the prices for these bottles? Least expensive to most expensive? 
    edited April 2023

What are the prices for these bottles? Least expensive to most expensive? 
    We no longer sell them by the bottle. Too much bullshit involved. We now only sell them by the pour through a variety of events like the one last night.

I believe retail is something like 60-400. I'll update this later.
    ***looks like I was way wrong on retail***
    Pappy 10yr $99.99
    Pappy 12yr $119.99
    Pappy 15yr $159.99
    WLW $119.99
    George T. Stagg $119.99
    Thomas Handy Sazerac 129.5 proof $119.99
    Sazerac 18 $119.99

Event was $250 per person +tax

You'll never find any of them for retail. If you do immediately go buy a lottery ticket.
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244

Thanks for the invite...hahaha!
    That looks fun!

I've had 5 of the 8.  LaRue Weller being my favorite of them so far.

You’ve had as in a bar or you’ve bought a bottle of the 5 just curious as to where you might of bought them? 

You’ve had as in a bar or you’ve bought a bottle of the 5 just curious as to where you might of bought them? 
    the Pap 23 in a bar, the other Van Winkles I've bought along w the Stagg.  The LaRue my local had a bottle that he let me taste.

There was a time where I could buy these bottles for under $200.  I still have some.  Now I chase after other bourbons that are under 150.  A Midwinters Night Dram is one of those.

the Pap 23 in a bar, the other Van Winkles I've bought along w the Stagg.  The LaRue my local had a bottle that he let me taste.

There was a time where I could buy these bottles for under $200.  I still have some.  Now I chase after other bourbons that are under 150.  A Midwinters Night Dram is one of those.
    Nice! You guys know your stuff 

There was a time not that long ago people in New England didn't really drink Bourbon. You could get most of these at retail price if you looked around. Now only through lotteries or charity events. 
    Have any of y'all tried Aberlour 12? Was gifted one recently. Hopefully will get to crack it open this weekend. 
    Have any of y'all tried Aberlour 12? Was gifted one recently. Hopefully will get to crack it open this weekend. 
    Aberlour 12 is a great bottle!  It's also a great price ~$55-60 for a 12 year Scotch.
    If you like that, then pick up a bottle of Aberlour A'Bunadh.  It's a cask strength sherry bomb!  Sooo fn good!
    mca47 said:
    Aberlour 12 is a great bottle!  It's also a great price ~$55-60 for a 12 year Scotch.
    If you like that, then pick up a bottle of Aberlour A'Bunadh.  It's a cask strength sherry bomb!  Sooo fn good!
    Cool! Thanks for the info! Looking forward to trying this one.
    Just scored an EH Taylor Barrel Proof via the Total Wine spring whiskey release.  Got the same bottle a year or two ago through the same deal.  Was hoping for a couple of others, but cannot complain.
    mca47 said:
    Just scored an EH Taylor Barrel Proof via the Total Wine spring whiskey release.  Got the same bottle a year or two ago through the same deal.  Was hoping for a couple of others, but cannot complain.
    Cost?
    smile6680 said:
    mca47 said:
    Cost?
    $80
    That Aberlour 12 was very nice. Good call @mca47! Will have to try the other one you mentioned.
    Enjoying some Westward Whiskey while watching the Knicks-Heat game. It's an American single malt, which basically means Scotch not distilled in Scotland lol. Tastes like a Speyside Scotch, but has a little bite at the end. Not bad, but I'd probably opt for others over this one.

• RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    That Aberlour 12 was very nice. Good call @mca47! Will have to try the other one you mentioned.
    Illl second mca47.. the A'Bunadh is outstanding
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

edited May 2023
    I don't know if it's any good, but this has got to be the coolest fucking bottle out there:

I don't know if it's any good, but this has got to be the coolest fucking bottle out there:

Skull vodka for me but I want one of these now.
  • exploderballexploderball Posts: 150

They also have a Hall Of Fame decanter series available on their website. They have about 15 players to choose from, and the bottles have a printed signature and medalion. I have the Cal Ripken Jr.
    https://shopcooperstowndistillery.com/collections/decanters
    Is their bourbon any good?