*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    If they can't get the 2 seed, 3 or 4 aren't all that different. Gotta beat Bucks and Celtics either way.
    Wouldn't you rather play the Nets as opposed to the Knicks? I think there's a decent sized difference between 3 and 4. Not that much between 2 and 3 though. 
    Yeah Nets would be easier. Seems like starting at home vs. Boston might provide a boost. That's a long shot I believe.
    No chance of that. They're schedule is cake and they hold tie breaker. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    Who woke up PJ Tucker for the first time all season?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Damn the refs were really trying to hand that one to the Celtics. Guess we know what the playoffs will look like.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Hyperbaric chamber time. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    edited April 2023
    Everyone brace yourselves for round 2 when the Celtics’ late game strategy when they are trailing is to touch any Sixers player and then aggressively flail to the ground. 

I try not to complain about other teams flopping, as I’m aware that my favorite team has Joel Embiid and James Harden, but those last few plays were so pathetic. And the fact that one of them actually worked is sad. 

Anyway, Joel is the MVP finally. If nothing else we can be glad that we get to watch him do this shit on a regular basis. 
    RiotZact said:
    Everyone brace yourselves for round 2 when the Celtics’ late game strategy when they are trailing is to touch any Sixers player and then aggressively flail to the ground. 

I try not to complain about other teams flopping, as I’m aware that my favorite team has Joel Embiid and James Harden, but those last few plays were so pathetic. And the fact that one of them actually worked is sad. 

Anyway, Joel is the MVP finally. If nothing else we can be glad that we get to watch him do this shit on a regular basis. 
    That officiating was, let me paraphrase someone from college hoops, "A JOKE".

Off topic, but as it became clear Connecticut was easily going to win the NCAA, I basically was just watching women's hoops. Also the SD St game was preempted by tornado coverage.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Has there ever been a tie/co-MVP's in the NBA? I'm pretty sure it's been done in MLB, but not sure about the NBA. Embiid should win but I can see Gianis winning also now.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    RiotZact said:

Assuming the Celts are at full health if they meet, Sixers won't have to worry about refs. Just where to book tee times after game 5.
     =) 
    Poncier said:
    RiotZact said:

Assuming the Celts are at full health if they meet, Sixers won't have to worry about refs. Just where to book tee times after game 5.
     =) 
    You certainly have bragging rights for now. I want nothing more than the Sixers to figure out how to beat this Celtics team. 
    RiotZact said:
    Poncier said:
    RiotZact said:

=) 
    You certainly have bragging rights for now. I want nothing more than the Sixers to figure out how to beat this Celtics team. 
    Well as long as Doc doesn't screw anything up, we'll at least see what a healthy Sixers team can do in the playoffs finally. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    RiotZact said:
    Poncier said:
    RiotZact said:

=) 
    Well as long as Doc doesn't screw anything up, we'll at least see what a healthy Sixers team can do in the playoffs finally. 
    James is the only one that has me worried. Outside of that Toronto game he hasn’t looked like himself since coming back from this achilles soreness. That combined with his playoff resume have me concerned.

Also, we are pathetically less deep than Boston. If Harden doesn’t step up, Tobi is his usual playoff self, and Maxey doesn’t go nuclear (he has struggled mightily against the Celtics this year), I smell Joel being called a “choker” despite dropping 37 per game in yet another round 2 disappointment. 

But on the other hand, if James is playing like he has for most of the year, if Maxey can play like he does against all teams that are not Boston, and if Tobi can play decent D on Tatum and stand around shooting quick trigger 3s (I’m through with hoping he can provide anything else) then there’s a real chance. 

On Doc’s end, he needs to give Niang two 3s. If he doesn’t make one of them, off to the bench with him. He has been beyond ass against the Celtics this year, and I don’t see that changing in the playoffs, where he is known to suck year after year. And lots of McDaniels, Bball, and House. 
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    Poncier said:
    RiotZact said:

=) 
    James is the only one that has me worried. Outside of that Toronto game he hasn’t looked like himself since coming back from this achilles soreness. That combined with his playoff resume have me concerned.

Also, we are pathetically less deep than Boston. If Harden doesn’t step up, Tobi is his usual playoff self, and Maxey doesn’t go nuclear (he has struggled mightily against the Celtics this year), I smell Joel being called a “choker” despite dropping 37 per game in yet another round 2 disappointment. 

But on the other hand, if James is playing like he has for most of the year, if Maxey can play like he does against all teams that are not Boston, and if Tobi can play decent D on Tatum and stand around shooting quick trigger 3s (I’m through with hoping he can provide anything else) then there’s a real chance. 

On Doc’s end, he needs to give Niang two 3s. If he doesn’t make one of them, off to the bench with him. He has been beyond ass against the Celtics this year, and I don’t see that changing in the playoffs, where he is known to suck year after year. And lots of McDaniels, Bball, and House. 
    All of this is true but if Embiid remains healthy and playing like this we can beat any team in the league. We will have the best player on the court for at least the first two rounds. That's huge. 

Niang is so streaky. Need him to come out of his funk...if not, there's no point in even playing him in the playoffs. 

Harden did have 20 and 10. But you are right he has not looked 100%. This is why these next couple weeks of mostly rest are important.

I guess they will play everyone tonight as you want to keep Miami in the 7th seed. Nets do have the tiebreaker. I don't think the Heat are anything special but they play hard and could give you a tussle. I would much rather Boston deal with that in the first round than us. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Heat would probably drag the first round out to 6 games (2 hot-shooting games), while we could get a gentlemen's sweep of the Nets I'd say. Agree on playing hard vs. Heat. Also it makes Boston play hard to finish out the #2 seed.

Of course, Miami has been so Jeckyl and Hyde this year they could also fail to get out of the play in tourney.
    Poncier said:
    Of course, Miami has been so Jeckyl and Hyde this year they could also fail to get out of the play in tourney.
    Yeah this is true
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Heat would probably drag the first round out to 6 games (2 hot-shooting games), while we could get a gentlemen's sweep of the Nets I'd say. Agree on playing hard vs. Heat. Also it makes Boston play hard to finish out the #2 seed.
    I didn't realize Boston already wrapped up #2 last night. Play 'em for like 15 minutes tops.

edited April 2023
    I didn't realize Boston already wrapped up #2 last night. Play 'em for like 15 minutes tops.
    You're right. I didn't realize that the Nets' magic number is just 1 for the 6 seed. And we play them on Sunday so we can tank if need be. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Considering we benched all our starters last night and won against a playoff team, that might have been our most impressive win this year.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    maybe we should start the same players we did on Sunday against the Nets in the playoffs :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    This is good, let's get pumped, let's start acting like the Sixers are GOOD goddamnit.

I like it....but who/what the FUCK is this?

chinese-happy.jpg
    Yeah, man, I dunno - looks like he's playing someone from the Magic (definitely doesn't say Magic or Orlando), too.

Gonna guess they painted over Hersey Hawkins' number...

I wouldn't recommend standing on a horse like that.

Yeah, man, I dunno - looks like he's playing someone from the Magic (definitely doesn't say Magic or Orlando), too.

Hawkins was 33....this is something that is going to perplex me until I know the details. It kind of looks like Armon Gilliam mashed up with Dana Barros? Why on earth would they put Doctor J's number on there? I have so many questions. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    And "Dr. J" is playing against the Magic, the 1989 expansion team. Maybe that's from somebody's video game scenario.

Hawkins was 33....this is something that is going to perplex me until I know the details. It kind of looks like Armon Gilliam mashed up with Dana Barros? Why on earth would they put Doctor J's number on there? I have so many questions. 
    Haha, no, I know, what I'm sayin' is they just changed the number to 6 or something.
    Poncier said:
    Phase 1 complete.
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Phase 1 complete.
    Yeah you lucked out
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Phase 1 complete.
    Yeah you lucked out
    Classic Celtics.

Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Phase 1 complete.
    Yeah you lucked out
    Ha. Miami did not have me quaking in my green boots. As I said above they were totally erratic this season and no real threat. I fully expect Toronto to take them out Friday.