Options

***OFFICIAL FOO FIGHTERS THREAD***

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    There are times Dave Grohl annoys me for being so visible all the time but this is just awesome.  Provided food at LA shelter for almost 24 hours.  Provided and BBQd over 450 meals all paid for by himself.  That's a good man.

https://www.aol.com/dave-grohls-good-deed-rocker-000333525.html
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    Man, if it is Josh Freese behind the kit, I'm extra motivated to see them now.  

I might have to look into that New Hampshire show. (can't justify the cost for a single day pass to Boston Calling for one act)
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,847

I might have to look into that New Hampshire show. (can't justify the cost for a single day pass to Boston Calling for one act)
    I got the 3 day pass for BC. Are there other bands you want to see on the other days?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,708
    so is it a state secret who's behind the kit?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    GlowGirl said:

I got the 3 day pass for BC. Are there other bands you want to see on the other days?
    Yeah, I would love to see QOTSA, Alannis, The Flaming Lips & King Gizzard, but the logistics of getting in there every day are a pain in the ass for me. I live on the other side of the city and work even further away (in regards to getting there for Friday night) 

and I’m just getting old… 2018 was great when there were 5/6 bands on one day I wanted to see, but for 1-2 bands a day, it’s not worth the hassle for me 
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,151
    Dave and the Foos do a lot of really good things. I'm frustrated by what they do musically nowadays, but I can't help cheering for them anyway. Good for him!
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 585
    mickeyrat said:
    so is it a state secret who's behind the kit?
    I mentioned it on the previous page. Nothing official has been announced but it's Josh Freese as a hired gun and not an official member.
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,230
    Sounds like Matt’s going to do most of the shows 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,727
    Where’s that dude with the inside knowledge that it was definitely Freese? I wonder if something changed or if it was false info. 
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,228
    3days said:
    Dave and the Foos do a lot of really good things. I'm frustrated by what they do musically nowadays, but I can't help cheering for them anyway. Good for him!
    Matt Cameron to tour with Foo Fighters replacing Taylor Hawkins?
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,228
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    nicknyr15 said:
    Where’s that dude with the inside knowledge that it was definitely Freese? I wonder if something changed or if it was false info. 
    I'll check with my source but I haven't heard of any changes to the news that Freese is the guy. Any my friend got the JF news direct from Grohl so if it's not him then something has changed.
    Post edited by ZoSoTim on
  • Options
    ZoSoTim said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I'll check with my source but I haven't heard of any changes to the news that Freese is the guy. Any my friend got the JF news direct from Grohl so if it's not him then something has changed.
    Thanks for checking back in! 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    She just responded to say that she hasn't heard anything new but she also hasn't asked if anything has changed.
  • Options
    ZoSoTim said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    She just responded to say that she hasn't heard anything new but she also hasn't asked if anything has changed.
    Thanks for the info! 
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,151
    edited March 2023
    Pap said:
    3days said:
    Matt Cameron to tour with Foo Fighters replacing Taylor Hawkins?
    I hear ya. I love Matt, and I want to love FF. My biggest hangups about the Foos are their last bunch of records, and their last bunch of tours. I used to really dig their stuff, but the band has become a letdown for me. I think they are better than what they put out now. 

Post edited by 3days on
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,539
    edited April 2023
    Foo Fighters to Open New (old 9:30 club) Atlantis Club in DC. 450 Capacity.

https://variety.com/2023/music/news/foo-fighters-new-washington-d-c-club-atlantis-1235572756/
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,856

https://variety.com/2023/music/news/foo-fighters-new-washington-d-c-club-atlantis-1235572756/
    did the 9:30 club just change it's name or was it bought out or something? Never actually been there but i know it's probably the most  popular club in that area.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    edited April 2023

did the 9:30 club just change it's name or was it bought out or something? Never actually been there but i know it's probably the most  popular club in that area.

The original 9:30 was at 930 F st. NW above what used to be the Atlantis club. Which was below the 930 Club. I got a tour once from the original owner (Dodi) in like 1982 or '83. It was really creepy in that basement. Like European catacombs with no real fire exits so it was shut down.

The OG Club had a "capacity" of 299 but it always seemed like it should be 199 but with 399 in there.
    I saw some amazing show in that sweat soaked shitbox.

The "New 930" opened in 96 with Smashing Pumpkins I believe. Later that year I saw Weezer open for Live for 2 nights.

Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options

The original 9:30 was at 930 F st. NW above what used to be the Atlantis club. Which was below the 930 Club. I got a tour once from the original owner (Dodi) in like 1982 or '83. It was really creepy in that basement. Like European catacombs with no real fire exits so it was shut down.

The OG Club had a "capacity" of 299 but it always seemed like it should be 199 but with 399 in there.

The "New 930" opened in 96 with Smashing Pumpkins I believe. Later that year I saw Weezer open for Live for 2 nights.

cool, although i guess it would have helped if I actually read the article first :lol:

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

I went to the old 9:30 Club quite a bit in the late 1980s, early 1990s. You had to walk through an alley to get to the door - usually saw a few rats on the way in. The ceiling had peeling black paint so you were always bound to find some paint flecks in your hair when you got home. Good times!

• Options
    edited April 2023
    GlowGirl said:

I went to the old 9:30 Club quite a bit in the late 1980s, early 1990s. You had to walk through an alley to get to the door - usually saw a few rats on the way in. The ceiling had peeling black paint so you were always bound to find some paint flecks in your hair when you got home. Good times!

And if you looked close enough there was bullet holes in the walls and the occasional bloodstains.

I had occasion to be invited to the backstage "Green room" that was about as disgusting a place as I have ever been in. 
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    GlowGirl said:

And if you looked close enough there was bullet holes in the walls and the occasional bloodstains.

I had occasion to be invited to the backstage "Green room" that was about as disgusting a place as I have ever been in. 
    930 Club

I remember seeing the Circle Jerks there. This wasn't from that show, but it might has well have been. Every show there was basically like this. Although, I saw the Goo Goo Dolls there and it was a bit more mellow.

Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

930 Club

I remember seeing the Circle Jerks there. This wasn't from that show, but it might has well have been. Every show there was basically like this. Although, I saw the Goo Goo Dolls there and it was a bit more mellow.

In my experience nothing came close to the punk-n-funk shows. Go-go bands like Trouble Funk and Chuck Brown playing with bands like Fugazi.
    Just off the wall fun for hours.
  • Options
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    This band just won’t take a breather and I love it. Awesome 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    I am finally getting around to reading Dave's book. It is great. Reading it, I can definitely see how much he loves being on stage and performing. I mean he didn't even take a break when he fell of the stage and broke his leg. He had the doctor come on stage with him and hold his ankle in place while he finished the set.

• Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,526
    GlowGirl said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I am finally getting around to reading Dave's book. It is great. Reading it, I can definitely see how much he loves being on stage and performing. I mean he didn't even take a break when he fell of the stage and broke his leg. He had the doctor come on stage with him and hold his ankle in place while he finished the set.

His book is good. He definitely understands how unique his life is and takes advantage of all the opportunities he has to the fullest. 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Got the book for Xmas 21’ -  need to get to reading it. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,387
    GlowGirl said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Some really funny stories, also enjoyed reading it. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016