The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    pjl44 said:
    The band tours so little because we all show up when they do.  They take the fans for granted.  We buy the merch. Fill up the arenas.   Beg for them to play.   

Seems like a one sided relationship.  

I would strongly recommend a polyamorous relationship with like 50-100 other bands. You won't miss the ones moving at a slower pace as much.
    Yup!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    hihobibo said:

haha 5% odds msg every time and resale markets at $800+ to sit amongst the rafters.even Camden was a very tough ticket if you needed a seat.  They just don’t play a lot of shows at all, and when they do, they hit a lot of small markets. So major markets with enormous demand always very underrepresented, except socal in recent times.
    There were actually two seats next to mine at Camden that went unclaimed the entire show. Gave our row some extra space to spread out. 
    Same thing happened with me in Nashville.  The 2 seats next to mine didn't show.  Loved the extra room.  They were on the aisle too!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    edited March 2023
    pjl44 said:
    The band tours so little because we all show up when they do.  They take the fans for granted.  We buy the merch. Fill up the arenas.   Beg for them to play.   

I would strongly recommend a polyamorous relationship with like 50-100 other bands. You won't miss the ones moving at a slower pace as much.
    Ha.  Agree.  I will go to more PJ shows but if they called it quits tomorrow I would be bummed but not upset.  Been fortunate to see a lot of shows.  

Was just thinking of analogies.  The son that only visits the family when they need money.

Obviously I am kidding and PJ isn’t some deadbeat spouse or family member.  Ed does say often how they are surprised every time they tour that the fans still show up.  Grateful. Well, maybe next time he says that think about why.  They know they don’t tour much or release music that often.  
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    edited March 2023
    pjl44 said:

Ha.  Agree.  I will go to more PJ shows but if they called it quits tomorrow I would be bummed but not upset.  Been fortunate to see a lot of shows.  
    That pretty much sums it up for me too. A New England Pearl Jam date or three is always exciting but I've got plenty of other shows I'm excited about until the next time they drag their bones this way.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    pjl44 said:

Was just thinking of analogies.  The son that only visits the family when they need money.

Obviously I am kidding and PJ isn’t some deadbeat spouse or family member.  Ed does say often how they are surprised every time they tour that the fans still show up.  Grateful. Well, maybe next time he says that think about why.  They know they don’t tour much or release music that often.  
    It's crazy because they have never been a touring band.  Even during their most popular time they barely toured.  (I'm looking at your 1993-95!) They haven't played more than 35 shows in a year since 2006!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,092
    pjl44 said:

I have such a relationship. I already have 27 other shows booked this year.

But it doesn't help. I want Pearl Jam more than any of them. :(
  • nc_jammer1nc_jammer1 Posts: 484
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjl44 said:

It's crazy because they have never been a touring band.  Even during their most popular time they barely toured.  (I'm looking at your 1993-95!) They haven't played more than 35 shows in a year since 2006!
    A band known for epic live shows,... and they've never been a 'touring band',  .... sad but true
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    Other shows are what you do when there aren’t PJ shows.  It’s not the same.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    So, at this point, can we all agree that there will be no PJ shows before 7/14? I have a sizeable flight credit that expires that day. I've been holding onto it in hopes of some PJ dates. But it seems as though none will be forthcoming (at least by then).
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    So, at this point, can we all agree that there will be no PJ shows before 7/14? I have a sizeable flight credit that expires that day. I've been holding onto it in hopes of some PJ dates. But it seems as though none will be forthcoming (at least by then).
    I would be surprised by a PJ show before that date. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    JimmyV said:
    I would be surprised by a PJ show before that date. 
    same....fall tour
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • JE224127JE224127 Fairhope, AL Posts: 297
    Do you have to fly by 7/14 or book by then? Hopefully something gets announced before that date.
    JE224127 said:
    Do you have to fly by 7/14 or book by then? Hopefully something gets announced before that date.
    Fly by then. At this point, I think I'm just gonna use it to go back to Hawaii. I'll just have to pay for my flights if PJ does announce something. A lot of the rumored fall stops are within driving distance for me anyway.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    JE224127 said:
    Fly by then. At this point, I think I'm just gonna use it to go back to Hawaii. I'll just have to pay for my flights if PJ does announce something. A lot of the rumored fall stops are within driving distance for me anyway.
    Well shit! This sounds like a win/win.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • 10LordsALeaping10LordsALeaping Posts: 171
    edited March 2023
    Really fiending for some shows.  Just bought the 2016 Fenway hat that I missed out on and my 2nd show bootleg CD, Camden 9/2/2000.
    Now spinning Vault #6. 
    Pearl Jam is the main squeeze.  Every other band is the side piece.
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 741
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:

This.  I’ve got Gaslight Anthem, 2 Bruce shows and DMB tickets so far.  🤘🏻
    Manchester Orchestra, The National, Arctic Monkeys all have big NA tours this summer. 
  • motleygunnermotleygunner Arizona Posts: 132
    JE224127 said:
    There's a hack that works sometimes in this scenario...May be worth investigating, I was able to use it on American Airlines, not sure about others... Basically, you use your credit/voucher and book a refundable flight with it, wait a bit and then cancel the new flight. I did that and it "reset" the clock for me for another year. It's possible this was when the rules were relaxed during COVID but I've heard others are still using this as a way to buy more time. Good luck!
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    There are so many deserving bands out there that deserve to be supported. i spend my time now doing this. I am thankful when PJ tours but long gone are the days when i wait with baited breath for a PJ tour announcement........... that would've been 2016...... LOL!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    edited March 2023
    By my count, 11 baseball stadium shows have happened between 2013-2018...and by extension, 2023.

How many times did PJ cover Chloe/Crown there?

Crown got the treatment at Home Shows Night 2.
    Chloe/Crown got the treatment at Wrigley 2013.

That's an appallingly low count for Fenway and Wrigley, IMO.

We know Fenway won't happen this year. We're almost positive Wrigley won't either...so...2024?
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 879
    By my count, 11 baseball stadium shows have happened between 2013-2018...and by extension, 2023.

How many times did PJ cover Chloe/Crown there?

Crown got the treatment at Home Shows Night 2.
    Chloe/Crown got the treatment at Wrigley 2013.

That's an appallingly low count for Fenway and Wrigley, IMO.

We know Fenway won't happen this year. We're almost positive Wrigley won't either...so...2024?
    Not almost positive. Wrigley isn’t happening. No ballparks 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    I like when Chloe/Crown is played rarely. Makes it feel like a special occasion when it does get played. (I've also gone from chasing it for years to hearing it 4-5 times, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.)

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    JimmyV said:
    I like when Chloe/Crown is played rarely. Makes it feel like a special occasion when it does get played. (I've also gone from chasing it for years to hearing it 4-5 times, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.)
    I’ve been lucky to get it a handful of times too but it was a huge surprise last year at msg. Loved every second of it. 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    No PJ at Lolla

Lolla 2023 - Kendrick Lamar, Billie Eilish, RHCP, Odesza, Lana Del Ray, The 1975
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,920
    No PJ at Lolla

Lolla 2023 - Kendrick Lamar, Billie Eilish, RHCP, Odesza, Lana Del Ray, The 1975
    *phew*
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

edited March 2023
    JimmyV said:

I totally agree. It's definitely that special occasion song.

I'm still surprised it didn't get played across four Fenway shows.

However... "I've Got A Feeling" is the other special occasion song and that got played at Wrigley 2016.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587

unfortunately I think some people think they’re in a reciprocal relationship with the band. 
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Another day of no announcement.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    JojoRice said:
    Another day of no announcement.  

It's Stone's fault. He got drunk last night and overslept.
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 783
    Shrek Shrek1 GIF - Shrek Shrek1 Shrek And Donkey GIFs
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
    I've been thinking how sad it is that Alpine only has one event on the schedule for this year, and how great it would be if PJ played a couple nights there. Then today, they posted on IG, 'The countdown is on...'
    When pressed in the comments, they said they can't reveal too much just yet. It did give me some hope.

However, the photo they used featured a girl wearing a "free show" wristband. Not sure if that was coincidental or not. If that is what they're getting ready to announce, it most certainly won't be PJ. But until they make an official announcement, I can still dream. :)