______ is on my turntable right now.

Comments

• garland09garland09 Posts: 830

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    ...another fantastic album and pressing.

Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • dogmattdogmatt Posts: 98
    edited March 2023

Kinda of a cool little find...at least to me.  Electrafixion (Echo and the Bunnymen on steroids) Lowdown red vinyl 7"single.  
    Numbered and even signed by Ian McCulloch (kinda hard to see)
    Rescued from the wild for $10.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    new to me Marantz 2275. Still needs work. But it plays....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

half speed mastering

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    mickeyrat said:

Congrats. I know you have been wanting that. I have been itching to upgrade my turntable. I like the fully automatic belt drives. Thorens makes one I am interested in. Pricey, but something to strive for. 
    GlowGirl said:
    mickeyrat said:

Congrats. I know you have been wanting that. I have been itching to upgrade my turntable. I like the fully automatic belt drives. Thorens makes one I am interested in. Pricey, but something to strive for. 
    all my Duals are fully auto.
    its lovely to flip that switch and walk away.

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    mickeyrat said:
    GlowGirl said:
    mickeyrat said:

all my Duals are fully auto.
    its lovely to flip that switch and walk away.
    That’s how I feel. I was cooking earlier and was listening to the the Beatles Revolver. When the side ended I was in the middle of chopping onions. So happy for the auto return. 
    mono reissue

• Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Rainbow

Deep into Rainbow lately (Dio years) have yet to find 'Long Live Rock & Roll' out in the wild. Most of the fun is the hunt. Found an Elf record (Old Dio) for 30 bucks. Glad I passed. The music is not my style. A little too 'hokey'? I vaguely remember having a cassette from elf. Also just learned that elf used to open for deep purple. Richie Blackmore wanted a change so broke up DP and started Rainbow with members from elf RJD being one of them. RIP master of the medieval vocals. I found this all out on this thing called the internet. Amazing. It must be true.  I lost/gave away all my Dio solo stuff. May be time to pick them up again. 

Love you all.
    End of old dude ramble

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Hey Lou,

Have you watched this?????

Awesome documentary on Dio, the man!!!!!

Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    ^Well heck no.
    Thanks

He holds a special place in my heart...attached to my childhood.

'Make the magic happen' RJD
    Loujoe said:
    ^Well heck no.
    Thanks

He holds a special place in my heart...attached to my childhood.

'Make the magic happen' RJD
    very well done.

edited March 2023
    MedozK said:
    Just for the hell of it I picked up a super cheap Ultrasonic cleaner on Amazon....and all I can say is WOW. Spent $165 for the Vevor Ultrasonic, it is a very industrial "not cool" looking unit, but wow. I am currently going through my Discogs collection of records I graded VG and 90% of them after a session are now VG+ and some are playing NM. It is actually incredible. I have had an Okki Nokki for a few years and all I can say is this thing gets rid of the crackle and pop from about 90% of the ones I have cleaned so far.

Now of course it will not help scratches, but if your record looks perfect but still plays with annoying noise... this thing fixes most. I have had some that still play with crackle, but I swear the fidelity is better, even on the really scratched up records.

I'm going to continue going through my collection and see how many G or VG records I can make play VG+ now.

Just as an example I had a great looking RL cut of Back in Black that played with noise during the opening of Hells Bells and it annoyed the piss out me.... but now it plays dead silent. Now I am sure you can spend a lot for other models.. Degritter, etc. but for $165 i am more than happy.
    @medozK
    any further impressions? looking at either this unit or the digital unit that accepts up to 6 records at s time.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    Just for the hell of it I picked up a super cheap Ultrasonic cleaner on Amazon....and all I can say is WOW. Spent $165 for the Vevor Ultrasonic, it is a very industrial "not cool" looking unit, but wow. I am currently going through my Discogs collection of records I graded VG and 90% of them after a session are now VG+ and some are playing NM. It is actually incredible. I have had an Okki Nokki for a few years and all I can say is this thing gets rid of the crackle and pop from about 90% of the ones I have cleaned so far.

Now of course it will not help scratches, but if your record looks perfect but still plays with annoying noise... this thing fixes most. I have had some that still play with crackle, but I swear the fidelity is better, even on the really scratched up records.

I'm going to continue going through my collection and see how many G or VG records I can make play VG+ now.

Just as an example I had a great looking RL cut of Back in Black that played with noise during the opening of Hells Bells and it annoyed the piss out me.... but now it plays dead silent. Now I am sure you can spend a lot for other models.. Degritter, etc. but for $165 i am more than happy.
    @medozK
    any further impressions? looking at either this unit or the digital unit that accepts up to 6 records at s time.
    @mickeyrat  I'll chime in here.  I bought the Vevor Ultrasonic Digital about 2 weeks ago after watching some YouTubes.  It was only an extra $30 more with a coupon than the analog version.

This thing cleans really well.  Very happy with it.  I clean up to 7 records at a time using a cleaning solution I saw someone else using on youtube.

I was previously using a SpinClean to clean records, but what you ultimately realize is that the Vevor unit releases even more of the the grit, grime, dust in your record's grooves and really makes them play a grade or two higher.  The grime that collects at the bottom is amazing on records that I thought were 'clean' using the SpinClean.  So far, I've been cleaning my used records.  I haven't cleaned any new records yet.

I use the washing solution for about 5 cycles of 7 records before I change it out.  Easy setup.  No negatives so far.

dogmatt said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:

@medozK
    @mickeyrat  I'll chime in here.  I bought the Vevor Ultrasonic Digital about 2 weeks ago after watching some YouTubes.  It was only an extra $30 more with a coupon than the analog version.

This thing cleans really well.  Very happy with it.  I clean up to 7 records at a time using a cleaning solution I saw someone else using on youtube.

I was previously using a SpinClean to clean records, but what you ultimately realize is that the Vevor unit releases even more of the the grit, grime, dust in your record's grooves and really makes them play a grade or two higher.  The grime that collects at the bottom is amazing on records that I thought were 'clean' using the SpinClean.  So far, I've been cleaning my used records.  I haven't cleaned any new records yet.

I use the washing solution for about 5 cycles of 7 records before I change it out.  Easy setup.  No negatives so far.

Right on. Thank you for jumping in. So next question then is what is the solution you use?

edited March 2023
    mickeyrat said:
    dogmatt said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:

@medozK

Right on. Thank you for jumping in. So next question then is what is the solution you use?
    I followed this guy's recommendation (despite the ultra maga hat)  :)
    It's distilled water, some isopropyl alcohol, and a couple caps of Kodak Photo Flo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5PB3vzzTqk&t=925s
    Post edited by dogmatt on