******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    Refusing to shake someone's hand could certainly be seen as a bad sport....but just heading to the locker room after a game should be perfectly acceptable.
    LeBron agrees
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Okay Penn St. fans (cough cough @The Juggler) is this Joey Porter Jr. guy worth the #10 pick?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Kind of funny.  I probably wouldn't laugh if I was the Eagles player, but that is funny.
    Can't take these guys too seriously - they are football players. 
    Did anyone really care that Tom Brady walked off the field without shaking Nick Foles' hand?  (Why would they?)  Does anyone really care that Jalen Hurts left without shaking Patty Mahomes' hand?  (Why would they?)
    Did the Eagles players care that many 49ers players had trouble accepting the smack down they took at the Linc?  (Why would they?  Birds went to the Super Bowl.)

JuJu got the W, and he played well above how his normal game play has been the past few years.   Good for him.
    He's always been a joker,should come as no shock.

I dunno.  Just seems silly that players or especially fans care about stuff like this.  These guys talk trash constantly.  

As always, the outcome on the field stands.  
    "Scoreboard" is a response that will always work.

i actually chuckled at the Ju Ju post.   It was meant to be funny.  I don't think he was rubbing it in.  The Forty Whiners were much worse.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Okay Penn St. fans (cough cough @The Juggler) is this Joey Porter Jr. guy worth the #10 pick?
    I like Penn St but I am honestly not a huge college football guy. I know he's good though. Need time to bone up on the draft...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I am no means an expert, but I would like to see them draft this Christian Gonzalez guy more. But I think unless they get blown over by a trade proposal I'm absolutely taking the best CB on the board with the 10th pick, Edge rusher with the 30th pick. Draft should be all about filling up the defensive side of the balls and the offensive line.

As for free agents I would re-sign Hargrave, let Cox walk, let Graham walk/retire, re-sign Epps, possibly CGJ (either they re-sign him or go after another premium Safety), let White walk (I like him, but prep Dean to get ready for a bigger role, and on top of that LB will always be low on my priority list), sign a mid-tier depth O-line guy or re-sign Dillard, bring back Boston Scott, let Sanders walk, let Pascal walk, absolutely bring back Kelce if he's not retiring, let Quinn/Suh/Joseph walk (I'd only bring Linval back if needed).
    I really hope CJGJ comes back. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I'd try to bring Graham back but generally in agreement.

So, did I miss something? Wikipedia - LOL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Johnson_(American_football_coach)

Brian Delance Johnson (born February 16, 1987) is an American football coach and former quarterback who is the offensive coordinator for the Philadelphia Eagles of the National Football League (NFL).

Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Could've been fucked with, but seemed like it was better than 50/50 shot it's his job. It's the D coordinator job that's going to be more selective I think.
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    pjhawks said:
    Kind of funny.  I probably wouldn't laugh if I was the Eagles player, but that is funny.
    Did anyone really care that Tom Brady walked off the field without shaking Nick Foles' hand?  (Why would they?)  Does anyone really care that Jalen Hurts left without shaking Patty Mahomes' hand?  (Why would they?)
    Did the Eagles players care that many 49ers players had trouble accepting the smack down they took at the Linc?  (Why would they?  Birds went to the Super Bowl.)

JuJu got the W, and he played well above how his normal game play has been the past few years.   Good for him.

I dunno.  Just seems silly that players or especially fans care about stuff like this.  These guys talk trash constantly.  

i actually chuckled at the Ju Ju post.   It was meant to be funny.  I don't think he was rubbing it in.  The Forty Whiners were much worse.
    I think if Bradberry hadn't said that he had held JuJu after the game, this may have come off differently for me.  AJ Brown did come back at him in defense of Bradberry.

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    pjhawks said:

I think if Bradberry hadn't said that he had held JuJu after the game, this may have come off differently for me.  AJ Brown did come back at him in defense of Bradberry.

Yeah and it escalated quite a bit from there with the video of Smith punching CJGJ. He just comes across as an immature clown. Not a lot of class. Pretty telling that none of his teammates backed him up too. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    That valentines day card is legitimately funny. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    That valentines day card is legitimately funny. 

NFL memes had a whole bunch of them on their Facebook page which were quite funny
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    2 guys arrested for flipping that car. Hopefully they get the rest of 'em.

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    edited February 2023
    Absolutely senseless behavior.  I was curious, so I looked it up. It was done before the game even started. They did it just to do it, not as a reaction to them losing. Not that it would have been right to do it even then.
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
    edited February 2023
    Absolutely senseless behavior.  I was curious, so I looked it up. It was done before the game even started. It seems like they did it just to do it, not as a reaction to them losing. Not that it would have been right to do it even then.
    They were a bunch of college kids. Not that it's an excuse, but dumb college kids do dumb shit all the time. It's not like the whole city was rioting and burning to the ground like someone insinuated previously. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    It's wild the people that poke their head in here once some dumb shit pops off somewhere.

Anybody remember this? Always the first thing I think of:

http://phillyfixmycar.blogspot.com/
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    Absolutely senseless behavior.  I was curious, so I looked it up. It was done before the game even started. It seems like they did it just to do it, not as a reaction to them losing. Not that it would have been right to do it even then.
    They were a bunch of college kids. Not that it's an excuse, but dumb college kids do dumb shit all the time. It's not like the whole city was rioting and burning to the ground like someone insinuated previously. 
    Yeah, I remember doing dumb stuff at that age, thankfully car flipping never became part of my repertoire. But then again, I was never part of the Frat Boy/Bro culture that seems to be involved in these situations. 
    Yeah, I remember doing dumb stuff at that age, thankfully car flipping never became part of my repertoire. But then again, I was never part of the Frat Boy/Bro culture that seems to be involved in these situations. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    This Kelce podcast - damn. It's a great way to confront (can't think of the right word) your 5th stage of grief.

As much as the Chiefs have annoyed me with their sore winner fake "nobody believed in us" shtick, I still want to avenge them next February.

Make fun of him all you want, the man can get NFL officials to call penalties on demand.

This Kelce podcast - damn. It's a great way to confront (can't think of the right word) your 5th stage of grief.

As much as the Chiefs have annoyed me with their sore winner fake "nobody believed in us" shtick, I still want to avenge them next February.

What shtick?  Did you have them winning the Super Bowl before the season started, let alone before this past Sunday evening?

What shtick?  Did you have them winning the Super Bowl before the season started, let alone before this past Sunday evening?
    The "no one believe in us" schtick; Exhibit Z:

"Would never make the playoffs."
    Yes, there's certainly no way that the team with the two-time MVP QB, multiple appearances in the Super Bowl would make the playoffs. If there's anyone who should act like an underdog story and no one believed in is definitely a 14-3 #1 seed.

Jason Kelce he certainly is not with a microphone.

The "no one believe in us" schtick; Exhibit Z:

"Would never make the playoffs."
    Yes, there's certainly no way that the team with the two-time MVP QB, multiple appearances in the Super Bowl would make the playoffs. If there's anyone who should act like an underdog story and no one believed in is definitely a 14-3 #1 seed.

Jason Kelce he certainly is not with a microphone.
    I agree the "never make the playoffs" is stretching it.  The only dipshit I heard saying that was Bart Scott.  They do have a point that a lot of people thought the Chargers and Justin Herbert would rise up, then with Wilson going to Denver and Adams to Oakland there was a lot of "they won't win the West this year." Shit, I even picked the Bills to win it all this year and was steadfast on that until Cincy knocked them out.  Prior to the season though, who was picking them to win the championship?  That's really the "no one believes in us" shtick comes from.

edited February 2023
    Prior to the season starting the market had them at 3rd best odds to win the SB, tied with the previous Super Bowl champion (at +1100; Bills, Bucs, Rams/Chiefs in that order). I know every fan likes to think no one believed in them and that the actual Super Bowl had overwhelmingly more Birds fans, and that some players need to act like professional wrestlers but c'mon

unimpressed jerk off motion GIF

gimme a fuckin break
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    The Chiefs were basically in Power Rankings Top 3 all year. It's so dumb.

The poor Chiefs....they had to overcome so much. Also, we clearly have the cooler Kelce. No doubt about it. 

https://www.wynnbet.com/articles/2023-super-bowl-odds-entering-nfl-preseason/

chinese-happy.jpg
    Prior to the season starting the market had them at 3rd best odds to win the SB, tied with the previous Super Bowl champion (at +1100; Bills, Bucs, Rams/Chiefs in that order). I know every fan likes to think no one believed in them and that the actual Super Bowl had overwhelmingly more Birds fans, and that some players need to act like professional wrestlers but c'mon

gimme a fuckin break
    Regardless of where the betting market had them, there was a lot of smoke saying they had a good chance of not taking the AFC West this year.  You can say I'm looking through Red and Gold glasses, but I read and listen to a lot of different outlets and that was out there.  This was the Bills year.  Besides, you're telling me you wouldn't have some "roided sounding" player shouting into a mic after winning a Super Bowl had the Birds won it?  Every team has a "professional wrestler" on it.

edited February 2023

gimme a fuckin break
    Regardless of where the betting market had them, there was a lot of smoke saying they had a good chance of not taking the AFC West this year.  You can say I'm looking through Red and Gold glasses, but I read and listen to a lot of different outlets and that was out there.  This was the Bills year.  Besides, you're telling me you wouldn't have some "roided sounding" player shouting into a mic after winning a Super Bowl had the Birds won it?  Every team has a "professional wrestler" on it.

People thinking the AFC West was going to be more competitive (which is not a knock on KC) is not remotely close to what Kelce has been saying lately. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited February 2023
    Yeah, and his name is Jason Kelce, and he definitely had more substance to what came out of his mouth as oppose to his dunce of a brother had to say. And that 2017 Birds team certainly had every reason to actually tout the "underdog" factor moreso than a dynasty team (lost their at-the-time MVP candidate QB, only #1 seed to be literal betting dogs in every game in the playoffs).

This is like if the 2004 Patriots wanted to say "NO ONE BELIEVED IN US". Of course the Bengals and Bills were going to get all the attention.

Why is it that no one is ever more aggrieved than the best team in the league? lol

It's absolutely Red & Gold glasses lol