The National Football League

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Thought Brady was going to San Francisco 
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:
    Did something happen w/ Trey Lance that his future is in doubt? I never thought the Brady -> SF rumor had much to it since they have two good QBs on rookie contracts. 

Always thought LV was the most realistic with McDaniels there & Carr seemingly on his way out. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    igotid88 said:
    Did something happen w/ Trey Lance that his future is in doubt? I never thought the Brady -> SF rumor had much to it since they have two good QBs on rookie contracts. 

Always thought LV was the most realistic with McDaniels there & Carr seemingly on his way out. 
    I thought Miami was in play if Tua couldn't come back from the 69 concussions he had this season. They already got penalized for tampering with Brady, might as well go get him now that it's legal to do so.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • few months later...

Tom Brady has announced he signed with (fill in the blank)
    Exactly, I say give it a month.  he'll be like Brett Favre.
    No chance. He's done...a year late, but done none the less. 
    You think?  He has been known to change his mind.
    I think he's done... this last year was such a mess for him, and probably hurt his legacy more than anything else. 

I think he could contend if he landed w/ a team like SF, but probably doesn't want to deal w/ all the other bullshit. 
    Nothing is tarnishing that legacy.  That is written in stone.
    few months later...

I think he's done... this last year was such a mess for him, and probably hurt his legacy more than anything else. 

I think he could contend if he landed w/ a team like SF, but probably doesn't want to deal w/ all the other bullshit. 
    Once again, as per usual, it's Stone's fault.
  • Poncier said:
    few months later...

Once again, as per usual, it's Stone's fault.
    Well played.  I laughed, lol!
    igotid88 said:

From what I've heard he's always wanted to play there. Plus the team is already playoff ready. Brock Purdy might need Tommy John surgery which would keep him out next season. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Who would want to play QB for a team that tries to block Hassan Reddick with their backup TE? Sometimes you get a lot of injuries and you have to question why that's happening.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    FOX will probably have him call the Super Bowl 
    I miss igotid88
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383
    edited February 2023
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

From what I've heard he's always wanted to play there. Plus the team is already playoff ready. Brock Purdy might need Tommy John surgery which would keep him out next season. 

Why would SF bench / hold back a top 3 draft pick going into the 3rd year of his rookie contract? That's what I don't understand. 

Is Lance not good? (honest question, I haven't seen much of him) 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

Why would SF bench / hold back a top 3 draft pick going into the 3rd year of his rookie contract? That's what I don't understand. 

lance is an unknown quantity, IMO. he could turn out like that other north dakota QB. I'm always a little skeptical of guys who play in the lesser conferences...altho there have been good guys who came from small schools.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

I don't know. But if SF were a struggling team that was rebuilding then there wouldn’t be a need for a Brady who won't help much and cost a lot more. If the Packers hadn't closed off the NFC for a possible trade for Rodgers. I'm sure the 49ers would be going after him
    I miss igotid88
  • Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

lance is an unknown quantity, IMO. he could turn out like that other north dakota QB. I'm always a little skeptical of guys who play in the lesser conferences...altho there have been good guys who came from small schools.
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

I don't know. But if SF were a struggling team that was rebuilding then there wouldn’t be a need for a Brady who won't help much and cost a lot more. If the Packers hadn't closed off the NFC for a possible trade for Rodgers. I'm sure the 49ers would be going after him
    Gotcha. 
    Who would want to play QB for a team that tries to block Hassan Reddick with their backup TE? Sometimes you get a lot of injuries and you have to question why that's happening.
    If Brady were the QB Sunday he'd have known to audible and shift protection to Reddick. Purdy just nowhere near that capable yet hence he got his elbow pjhawked.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    edited February 2023
    Allowed 10 fewer sacks than Eagles.  Were one of the least sacked teams in the NFL.
    The backup TE barely played in that monstrosity of a game this weekend.  (He may have been out there on the Purdys Dead Arm Play, I don't know.  Did read The Athletic article that listed plays and the backup TE barely saw the field.  Maybe that was the issue - a ghost was trying to block him)

I give your take 4 Hawks!  :lol:   

The love he receives is the love that is saved

I give your take 4 Hawks!  :lol:   

I resemble that! 😂
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    I turn on NFL Network this morning and it's just a continuous Tom Brady tribute. As if he didn't pull this attention seeking ploy exactly one year ago. And the one guy, honest to god, goes on a stint about what a great family man he is!

Re: blocking Hassan Reddick with a TE, Phil Simms said exactly the same thing I said on Inside the NFL, so give that man 4 pjhawks FMe!

Traditions  54th Airborne Booster ClubTraditions  54th Airborne Booster ClubTraditions  54th Airborne Booster ClubTraditions  54th Airborne Booster Club

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I turn on NFL Network this morning and it's just a continuous Tom Brady tribute. As if he didn't pull this attention seeking ploy exactly one year ago. And the one guy, honest to god, goes on a stint about what a great family man he is!

Re: blocking Hassan Reddick with a TE, Phil Simms said exactly the same thing I said on Inside the NFL, so give that man 4 pjhawks FMe!

Traditions  54th Airborne Booster ClubTraditions  54th Airborne Booster ClubTraditions  54th Airborne Booster ClubTraditions  54th Airborne Booster Club
    Simms gets the off the scale 6 Hawks, always.
    (It could have been a TE, just not the backup TE.  Lol.)
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171

Can you be a bigger douche?  Bad enough you act like a 14 year old in the Philly threads but really gotta do this in a non-Philly thread?  Maybe I should just post dead bodies from Temple to try to make snarky immature posts targeting you instead? 
    Pretty big stretch to go from an odd looking hawk to a dead body as a school mascot.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    this whole “catch, no catch” thing makes my head hurt.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    That fart of an ending to a wild game was annoying but ironic that someone known for his consistent screwing up of clock management would be the winning coach who ran the clock down in a lame but expert way to seal the win.

Two best teams and KC made more of their opportunities. 

Looking forward to the schedule for next season, now, and to see how the coaching shuffles play out.

Is this the week that Brady unretires?
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Sounds like the Eagles OC is going to be the new HC for the Colts. That's the big rumor at least.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Sounds like the Eagles OC is going to be the new HC for the Colts. That's the big rumor at least.
    If only they would take our DC instead.

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    If only they would take our DC instead.
    I had read that he was a possibility for the Cardinals HC job.
  • The Eagles’ defensive line last night harkened back to those Vikings “Purple People Eaters” defenses from the 70’s. They were dominant…until they’d get to the Super Bowl at which point they would completely embarrass themselves.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    The Eagles’ defensive line last night harkened back to those Vikings “Purple People Eaters” defenses from the 70’s. They were dominant…until they’d get to the Super Bowl at which point they would completely embarrass themselves.
    I feel like Reid just outfoxed them at every turn.  They got burned twice in cover zero on the same play, just different sides.  It was genius.