The National Football League

Comments

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Charles Omenihu was arrested today in a domestic violence incident - that's not good.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,014
    Bengals D coordinator is doing great work, Burrow is that good and has so many weapons, Hayden Hearst can feast with whats on the outside, 2 really good backs...... I was there on Sunday, was shocked at the lack of pressure on burrow down 3 linemen......Bengals are well run, can adjust

we have (4) great offensive HC's left.....I see Eagles/Bengals winning and SB being really good

Buffalo was a ton of fun..... One day Bills, one day
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Heading out in a few to the game.  Nit feeling great about rookie qb winning the game, but you never know.  As long as the Niners can stay close there is a shot.  This is not a team SF can fall a few tds behind on and come back.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Thinking Philly and Cincy in the Super Bowl (as is most of America).
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Damn 49ers is down to Josh Johnson as their qb
    I miss igotid88
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    igotid88 said:
    Damn 49ers is down to Josh Johnson as their qb
    As an Eagles fan I kinda feel bad, but then again....

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    As a 49ers fan I wasn’t overly confident going into this game, but with both QBs hurt now, I have to wonder whose Wheaties did Kyle piss in to get us this kind of luck. 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    49ers killing themselves with these penalties 
    I miss igotid88
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    igotid88 said:
    49ers killing themselves with these penalties 
    They were already dead.  Two deep turn overs was the kill shot.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757

Game was over 2nd play of game, I know Warner came back… it just started bad & got worse with purdy injury, shanahan not challenging that 4th down catch

eagles are juggernaut 

gonna be good sb regardless of afc team… 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    terrible.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    No more Romo this  year

we all win

that dude will never forgot his moronic penalty… he deserves to feel like shit, that’s amateur shit… not in a game that big

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    CROJAM95 said:
    No more Romo this  year

we all win

that dude will never forgot his moronic penalty… he deserves to feel like shit, that’s amateur shit… not in a game that big

moronic and amateur, yes.

but I feel like the better team lost.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    1.5 dogs first line.  Are you fucking kidding me?  We are gonna kick their ass. Lines too strong 
  • CROJAM95 said:
    No more Romo this  year

we all win

I can not believe that damn play.  Stupid and moronic…

It seemed like the calls were going against the Bengals, like they wanted KC to win too.

So.  The curse still lives.  No first time QB that lost has returned…
    Wobbie said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    No more Romo this  year

we all win

moronic and amateur, yes.

but I feel like the better team lost.
    Gotta have discipline, it’s not easy with adrenaline running but you have to…. Would be playing in OT

Bengals were great, saw 1st hand what they did last week and were on a tear… it’s gonna be tough for them moving forward 

gotta pay Burrow now, Higgins prob gone… others gonna want that $$

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    The chiefs reach on the 3rd down was such a horseshit call. It’s not how that’s ever worked. When you pull the ball back, the spot goes with it. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    DewieCox said:
    The chiefs reach on the 3rd down was such a horseshit call. It’s not how that’s ever worked. When you pull the ball back, the spot goes with it. 
    Right, that only works for breaking the plane to the end zone, first down marker is not the same thing.
    That game had some horrible officiating.
    How do you give a team a do over 3rd down?

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    CROJAM95 said:
    No more Romo this  year

we all win

I can not believe that damn play.  Stupid and moronic…

It seemed like the calls were going against the Bengals, like they wanted KC to win too.

So.  The curse still lives.  No first time QB that lost has returned…
    They missed a pretty blatant holding call against KC on that same play where Mahomes got hit out of bounds. 

The push out of bounds was going to get a flag....no doubt about that. Stupid move.

Some of the other shit was unreal. The reach was bullshit. 

Honestly I think the way this has evolved with a TD being called when a micromillimeter of the ball touches the outer edge of the goal line for a nanosecond is bullshit. 

The Bengals had a few chances to put the game in their favor and KC stopped them but yeah the officiating was bizarre.

I kind of feel like the Eagles are going to dominate.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    The push out of bounds was going to get a flag....no doubt about that. Stupid move.

Honestly I think the way this has evolved with a TD being called when a micromillimeter of the ball touches the outer edge of the goal line for a nanosecond is bullshit. 

The Bengals had a few chances to put the game in their favor and KC stopped them but yeah the officiating was bizarre.

The officiating was shit.

I have no problem w/ the call on the hit out of bounds, that was dumb, BUT, there were penalties by both teams on that play... a flag should have been thrown before Mahomes even left the pocket... overall KC benefited greatly from the officiating last night. 

I don't believe "the fix was in" for the Chiefs... but I think had the refs called the game better and more consistently, Cincy wins. 

I have no problem w/ the call on the hit out of bounds, that was dumb, BUT, there were penalties by both teams on that play... a flag should have been thrown before Mahomes even left the pocket... overall KC benefited greatly from the officiating last night. 

I don't believe "the fix was in" for the Chiefs... but I think had the refs called the game better and more consistently, Cincy wins. 
    Agreed...definitely offensive holding on that play....possibly by 2 or 3 linemen

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

Yep.  Just one of the worst officiated games you'll ever see.  There was also a clear block in the back on that last Chiefs punt return.  And how about the 3rd and 9 that they just let them play again...that was bizarre.  

Yep.  Just one of the worst officiated games you'll ever see.  There was also a clear block in the back on that last Chiefs punt return.  And how about the 3rd and 9 that they just let them play again...that was bizarre.  
    yeah and then you have to wonder how much time ticked off the clock during that bullshit that the Bengals might have been able to do something with.

These playoffs in general have been weak.
    Granted, I haven't watched as much as in years past, but outside of the Jacksonville's huge comeback & Buffalo / MIA, have there been any good or even just relatively entertaining games?

I called my father last night at the 2 minute warning to say "at least we have an exciting one here" but the way penalties overshadowed the ending and whole game really... it ended up being just another shit sandwich.  
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    These playoffs in general have been weak.
    Granted, I haven't watched as much as in years past, but outside of the Jacksonville's huge comeback & Buffalo / MIA, have there been any good or even just relatively entertaining games?

I called my father last night at the 2 minute warning to say "at least we have an exciting one here" but the way penalties overshadowed the ending and whole game really... it ended up being just another shit sandwich.  
    The two Eagles games were entertaining for me - LOL. 49ers could've put up a better game if they didn't choose to block Hassan Reddick with a backup tight end. Genius, Kyle Shanahan.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The push out of bounds was going to get a flag....no doubt about that. Stupid move.

That's the one I shook my head on.  Complete bullshit.
    I don’t see any attribution, I can only assume this was from last night, and if so… yikes

that officiating crew should be fired immediately. 

https://twitter.com/granite603/status/1620042855690428418?s=46&t=WuI2MOA8pB2J9wA3jwmJRA