Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    beano.79 said:
    Hi guys! 

Its been really cold here again, my long run on Sunday of 3.5 hours was at -6°c but thankfully it was a clear, calm day so it ended up quite enjoyable.

@GlowGirl that's great to hear I hope you continue to feel those gains!

@Fmeindabrain nothing worse than a forced break from running, but never too far from getting back to it.

@NewfieintheUSA great stuff, what goals have you set for the race?
    Wow. That is a long time to be running in the cold. At least it wasn’t windy. That is the worst. I’m glad everyone is doing well. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    If the wind isn't strong, you get nice and warm, if dressed warmly, after a mile or two at that temp.  First mile is usually not awesome.
    If the wind is blowing, that is cold.
    Was 43 here this AM, which feels toasty for this time of year.  Sweat a lot, which felt good.
    3 miles ans pushed some toward the middle, feel good.  My VO2 is still down, need to get my wind back after two weeks of rest.  Calf feels 👍. 

Need to pick my calendar for this year

GG, do you want to join me for a NYC area run?  Would pick a 5 or 10 k?
    Thinking about that GW Bridge run again in June.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    If the wind isn't strong, you get nice and warm, if dressed warmly, after a mile or two at that temp.  First mile is usually not awesome.
    If the wind is blowing, that is cold.
    Was 43 here this AM, which feels toasty for this time of year.  Sweat a lot, which felt good.
    3 miles ans pushed some toward the middle, feel good.  My VO2 is still down, need to get my wind back after two weeks of rest.  Calf feels 👍. 

Need to pick my calendar for this year

GG, do you want to join me for a NYC area run?  Would pick a 5 or 10 k?
    Thinking about that GW Bridge run again in June.

Glad the calf is feeling better. I would do a 5k - is that what the GW Bridge is? Let me know. That would be fun. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Thanks.
    They have both, I believe.  Ran the 10k last year but could do the 5k or we could each do one of the races....they run at around the same time...one just obviously takes about twice as long.  :lol:

Will check out and let you know.
    Thanks.
    They have both, I believe.  Ran the 10k last year but could do the 5k or we could each do one of the races....they run at around the same time...one just obviously takes about twice as long.  :lol:

Will check out and let you know.
    Thanks. I am sure if you run the 10K and I run the 5K, the time we finish won't be off by much :)

• Had a good 15 mile run today, with 2 15 minute intervals at HM pace. It was 45F and misty, actually felt really good. 

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend. 
    Bet that was nice, good work!
    Went 5 yesterday with a few fast miles to start and then coasted.  Was 30f and felt good.
    Calf seems to be cooperating.
  • Bet that was nice, good work!
    Went 5 yesterday with a few fast miles to start and then coasted.  Was 30f and felt good.
    Calf seems to be cooperating.
    That's great, hopefully you can put that calf issue behind you. 
  • Gonna jog for the first time with the girl Im dating tomorrow. 

HOPEFULLY SHE CAN KEEP UP WITH MY SPEED
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    Let her set the pace if you like her. Have fun.
    Agnes better have her A game going!
    Gonna jog for the first time with the girl Im dating tomorrow. 

HOPEFULLY SHE CAN KEEP UP WITH MY SPEED
    Have fun. 
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 635
    just 7 weeks until my race around the beautifully rugged Snowdonia national park in Wales. Training is tough but going very well.

Great to see everyone still getting at it
    That picture is truly awesome 
    beano.79 said:
    just 7 weeks until my race around the beautifully rugged Snowdonia national park in Wales. Training is tough but going very well.

Wow! That is gorgeous. Looks like it will be a hard, yet amazing run. 
    GlowGirl said:
    beano.79 said:

Wow! That is gorgeous. Looks like it will be a hard, yet amazing run. 
    Last year's race was snow covered so I'm expecting anything. In terms of mountain ultras this is going to be my biggest challenge to date, and possibly my slowest 😂
    Snowdonia is probably my favourite part of Britain. Its just so beautiful. The mountains are not massive (especially buy U.S standards) but they can be very rugged and technical.
  • That's a nice environment to run in! Cool!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Went to Phoenix this past weekend. Got in some sunrise trail running.

Beautiful. I will be in Arizona for the Innings Fest later this month. I was going to run at the hotel gym, but maybe I will do an outside run instead.

GlowGirl said:

Beautiful. I will be in Arizona for the Innings Fest later this month. I was going to run at the hotel gym, but maybe I will do an outside run instead.

It's a gated trailhead that open roughly 30 minutes before sunrise.
    Sunrise Peak Trailhead
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    Epic adventures. Keep living life people
    Watch out for the snakes and scorpions!  
    Beautiful.
    Feels like 5.
    A little chilly for the first mile, was good for the rest of the run.  Had to walk the last mile, though.  Was going up a decent hill to end mile 5 and the calf started barking.  In the past I would change my stride a bit until I finished the hill and keep going.  Instead, I finished the mile (carefully) and walked mile 6.
    Better safe than sorry and giving a soak right now.  
    However, about halfway through that mile walk I was cooled down and then was a guy walking in sweat soaked clothing for another half mile in this cold weather.
    Hah.  Just thought of other stuff and was fine....but it is chilly out there.

Feels like 5.
    A little chilly for the first mile, was good for the rest of the run.  Had to walk the last mile, though.  Was going up a decent hill to end mile 5 and the calf started barking.  In the past I would change my stride a bit until I finished the hill and keep going.  Instead, I finished the mile (carefully) and walked mile 6.
    However, about halfway through that mile walk I was cooled down and then was a guy walking in sweat soaked clothing for another half mile in this cold weather.

I can’t believe you ran outside yesterday. It was the treadmill for me. I met some friends for brunch after and walked 20 minutes each way to the restaurant. That was enough of outside for me. 
    GlowGirl said:
    Feels like 5.

I can’t believe you ran outside yesterday. It was the treadmill for me. I met some friends for brunch after and walked 20 minutes each way to the restaurant. That was enough of outside for me. 
    The temp for my last 5 runs:
    Wednesday 9
    Thursday 1
    Friday 21
    Saturday 25
    Today  30

I'm usually out by 6 a.m. or earlier today I was late and went out at 7:30ish
    GlowGirl said:
    Feels like 5.

The temp for my last 5 runs:
    Wednesday 9
    Thursday 1
    Friday 21
    Saturday 25
    Today  30

I'm usually out by 6 a.m. or earlier today I was late and went out at 7:30ish
    You all are hardcore. When the weather gets like this I am perfectly happy on the treadmill at the gym. 
    4 runs in the last 5 days.

4 mile tempo (around 7:30 pace)
    9 miles around 8:40 pace
    4 hours long run including 2000ft of hill reps
    And 950ft gain in a 1.5 mile treadmill run

🥵Happy place

A month of training left and Wales will still kick my ass

Awesome, man, good for you!
    beano.79 said:
    4 runs in the last 5 days.

4 mile tempo (around 7:30 pace)
    9 miles around 8:40 pace
    4 hours long run including 2000ft of hill reps
    And 950ft gain in a 1.5 mile treadmill run

🥵Happy place

A month of training left and Wales will still kick my ass

Wow! You continually amaze me. You are going to crush this run.