The AMT Marijuana Thread

1717273747577»

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    I'm still in shock when I go into those places. After college it was about impossible for me to get weed. I would run into it occasionally if someone had it at a party, etc.

As my kids got older my stash became what I confiscated from them.

Being able to walk into a store and buy it without being concerned with cops is still unreal.

I'm in Indiana so it's still illegal for me to have it but at least I don't have to drive far to buy it. Danville, IL is only about a 90 minute drive.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    I wouldn’t take shit into Indiana, Fuck that.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Hi! said:
    My daughter got pulled over for speeding a few years ago. She had just left work and was on her way home around 4pm or so.

The cop was suspicious because she was messing with her purse when he walked up so they did the "do you mind if we search your car" thing and ended up finding a grinder in her purse. There was literally dust in there...no other marijuana, no pipe, etc. 

They busted her for possession and she had to go through this diversion program for one year. 

Indiana is so fucking stupid.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Hi! said:
    My daughter got pulled over for speeding a few years ago. She had just left work and was on her way home around 4pm or so.

The cop was suspicious because she was messing with her purse when he walked up so they did the "do you mind if we search your car" thing and ended up finding a grinder in her purse. There was literally dust in there...no other marijuana, no pipe, etc. 

They busted her for possession and she had to go through this diversion program for one year. 

What a joke
    Hi! said:

Yep, that’s why I don’t play with that. Have had my fair share of run ins back in the day and have been pulled over/searched down hardcore in Indiana. If I had something, I would be to nervous, and pretty much act guilty. Lol.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    MayDay10 said:
    I just went to my first recreational dispensary.  In NYS and dispensaries in our region is locked up by an out of state complainant saying NYC law favors NYS business.

So I went to Native American reservation who beat everyone to the punch.  It was a bit overwhelming.  I did have a medical card and the options at a medical dispensary were much more limited and it was treated more like a pharmacy.  There were many containers full of buds and I didnt know what was what.  I asked the clerk who was smoking a stogie what his favorite hybrid is. He grabbed a container and allowed me to smell.   I got a 1/4 of something called Gingerbread Cookies.  I also got a 10-pack of 20mg gummies flavored in pineapple.  It was overwhelming and I felt out of place, but I feel like I am now better prepared to do better next time.   
    My first time to dispensary (I grow my own) was in NJ for the PJ show last year.  I forgot my license so hubby went in and he is totally clueless.  They were nice enough to let him talk to me while he was deciding.  Based on his experience though I would have been overwhelmed too.  I know some strains but the differences in strains and amount now is staggering.  
    MayDay10 said:
    I just went to my first recreational dispensary.  In NYS and dispensaries in our region is locked up by an out of state complainant saying NYC law favors NYS business.

So I went to Native American reservation who beat everyone to the punch.  It was a bit overwhelming.  I did have a medical card and the options at a medical dispensary were much more limited and it was treated more like a pharmacy.  There were many containers full of buds and I didnt know what was what.  I asked the clerk who was smoking a stogie what his favorite hybrid is. He grabbed a container and allowed me to smell.   I got a 1/4 of something called Gingerbread Cookies.  I also got a 10-pack of 20mg gummies flavored in pineapple.  It was overwhelming and I felt out of place, but I feel like I am now better prepared to do better next time.   
    My first time to dispensary (I grow my own) was in NJ for the PJ show last year.  I forgot my license so hubby went in and he is totally clueless.  They were nice enough to let him talk to me while he was deciding.  Based on his experience though I would have been overwhelmed too.  I know some strains but the differences in strains and amount now is staggering.  
    The edibles are great. I like the disposable pens because they are so discrete...easy to get into a concert and there is no week smell. The issue with those is I don't seem to get as much off of it.

The prerolls are wonderful. I usually light one up, take a few hits and put it out. A pack of five of those has lasted me more than a few months since I tend to only partake on Fri/Sat nights

I had to quit edibles. They make me a little depressed after coming down. Also a little constipated, lol. Sorry.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Hi! said:
    I had to quit edibles. They make me a little depressed after coming down. Also a little constipated, lol. Sorry.
    Uhmm maybe it’s because I make my own edibles and only smoke what I grow but I’ve never felt depressed after coming down or maybe I just don’t realize that I am depressed 🙂
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Hi! said:
    Uhmm maybe it’s because I make my own edibles and only smoke what I grow but I’ve never felt depressed after coming down or maybe I just don’t realize that I am depressed 🙂
    Right different for everyone, I could be a little depressive sometimes I’m sure. 

Time to start picking seeds for my 23 grow! 
    Time to start picking seeds for my 23 grow! 
    Jordan Kush😊
    23 grows, that’s amazing. Much props to you! It’s a lot of work, but rewarding for sure.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    edited April 2023
    It's so weird for me to see an article like this and to think of the ends I used to have to go to in order to score some weed.  Now the stuff is legal, it's everywhere, it's relatively cheap, it's potent, and after decades and decades of being a pot smoker, I quit using it almost 3 years ago (because it went from being fun to jacking up my anxiety every time).  At one time, I would never have believed this:

California’s largest cannabis farm is run by a former cop

Glass House Brands uses greenhouses to grow cannabis at the largest pot farm in California

California’s largest pot farm keeps getting bigger. 

Glass House Brands, a Long Beach company widely considered to run the largest cannabis farm in California, is growing pot inside 2 million square feet of Southern California greenhouses. At any given time, the company has 750,000 pot plants in the ground and has the capability to grow more than 300,000 pounds of pot a year.

It expects to add another 1 million square feet this year, and it plans on growing more than 5 million square feet of cannabis by 2025. That’s larger than all licensed farms in Mendocino County combined, according to SFGATE analysis.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    It's so weird for me to see an article like this and to think of the ends I used to have to go to in order to score some weed.  Now the stuff is legal, it's everywhere, it's relatively cheap, it's potent, and after decades and decades of being a pot smoker, I quit using it almost 3 years ago (because it went from being fun to jacking up my anxiety every time).  At one time, I would never have believed this:

Glass House Brands uses greenhouses to grow cannabis at the largest pot farm in California

Glass House Brands, a Long Beach company widely considered to run the largest cannabis farm in California, is growing pot inside 2 million square feet of Southern California greenhouses. At any given time, the company has 750,000 pot plants in the ground and has the capability to grow more than 300,000 pounds of pot a year.

It expects to add another 1 million square feet this year, and it plans on growing more than 5 million square feet of cannabis by 2025. That’s larger than all licensed farms in Mendocino County combined, according to SFGATE analysis.

Lot’s of jobs too! I’m walking away from working in the hospital this coming September I’ll be 63 for the next two years I plan on working in the cannabis industry till I’m 65 and then I’m going to spend my time between Chile summers and here! Screw driving a bus full of kids screaming in your ear 
    😎

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited May 2023
    Has anyone done this?

Americans can now ship legal THC to their home.

https://offer.hellomood.co/get-20-off-mood-gummies/
    brianlux said:

Lot’s of jobs too! I’m walking away from working in the hospital this coming September I’ll be 63 for the next two years I plan on working in the cannabis industry till I’m 65 and then I’m going to spend my time between Chile summers and here! Screw driving a bus full of kids screaming in your ear 

Fantastic, Jose, good move! 
    Chile sounds great.  If I could travel, I would go there.  And maybe if I was really lucky, I could check out this cool Chilean band, La Hell Gang:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Chile sounds great.  If I could travel, I would go there.  And maybe if I was really lucky, I could check out this cool Chilean band, La Hell Gang:

Hell yeah that’s what I’m talking about! Thanks for posting it..
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I had a feeling you would like that band. :smile:  I learned about them from this cool article by Henry Rollins where he writes about going to Chile:

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I had a feeling you would like that band. :smile:  I learned about them from this cool article by Henry Rollins where he writes about going to Chile:

Thanks I’ll read it now 
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

HR is just so cool he describes it exactly how it is there! They have a really good music scene.
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

HR is just so cool he describes it exactly how it is there! They have a really good music scene.

Chile sounds great- if I were able to travel, I would make it a destination!

Another embarrassment for the state of NY. The rollout of legal marijuana has been laughable. They can’t get their shit straight. Good people applying for licenses the legal way and nothing! Meanwhile there are THOUSANDS of illegal shops operating with NO LICENSES all over the 5 boroughs. You can’t make this up! And people expect this state to properly handle the migrant situation? Good luck. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    nicknyr15 said:
    Another embarrassment for the state of NY. The rollout of legal marijuana has been laughable. They can’t get their shit straight. Good people applying for licenses the legal way and nothing! Meanwhile there are THOUSANDS of illegal shops operating with NO LICENSES all over the 5 boroughs. You can’t make this up! And people expect this state to properly handle the migrant situation? Good luck. 
    In little ol long Beach here we have 5 smoke shops now... 5.  They all sell illegally...
    nicknyr15 said:
    In little ol long Beach here we have 5 smoke shops now... 5.  They all sell illegally...
    Now imagine what it’s like in the 5 boroughs. It’s comical.
    I wouldn’t buy any weed from those illegal shops can’t take any chances! Besides growing my own which this summer I didn’t I get my smoke from a grower in California that I personally know and trust..
    I wouldn’t buy any weed from those illegal shops can’t take any chances! Besides growing my own which this summer I didn’t I get my smoke from a grower in California that I personally know and trust..
    Yea Jose but there’s not many people like us. Those shops are KILLING it. And it’s all
    unregulated. It makes no sense. This rollout has got to be one of the most pathetic things I’ve ever seen. They’ve empowered the illegal ones while essentially killing the legit people who are applying for these licenses. I can’t wrap my head around it. 
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Had a crappy yr growing. Lost 2 of my 4 plants. The remaining 2 didn’t grow to be any large size or anything, but buds coming along nicely. Probably the worst yr I have had for growing since I started. 
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    BLACK35 said:
    Had a crappy yr growing. Lost 2 of my 4 plants. The remaining 2 didn’t grow to be any large size or anything, but buds coming along nicely. Probably the worst yr I have had for growing since I started. 
    Yeah I took this year off from growing! They look pretty good not as big as you’re use too I’m sure maybe defoliate just let all the sun energy go to the colas