***OFFICIAL FOO FIGHTERS THREAD***

Comments

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    edited January 2023
    Essential Foo Fighters album being released next month. A bit unusual with there already being a really good Greatest Hits. I know there's a whole series of these including Rearviewmirror which they renamed on CD. I usually don't mind these but the Foo Fighters one could have been so much better. The 3CD ltd version of The Essential Bruce Springsteen is probably my go to Springsteen CD, really like that one.

Post edited by FR181798 on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I doubt the Foos had anything to do with it, though. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited January 2023
    I doubt the Foos had anything to do with it, though. 
    Yeah I wouldn't have thought they had any involvement, probably a record label thing is my thought or just putting a Foo Fighters record out there for the casual listener to pick up in a supermarket. Unusual track listing as well.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Doesn't Dave own Roswell and only go to RCA for distribution etc? Not sure how his deal works. I thought he had final say over everything. 
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 544
    Finally watched Studio 666 yesterday. That shit was hilarious.

PEARL JAM HIGH FIVE!
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
    Didn't buy the Essential on vinyl. Not really a fan of it but ridiculously the collector in me wants to add it to the collection just so it's not missing but feels like the kind of release I would pick up when it drops to a low price.

Anyone know why they changed the artwork to Concrete and Gold. Bit of a strange one. Glad i'm not big into variants. Think Concrete and Gold might be the only FF vinyl I have 2 of. I've got the Spotify black on black sleeve edition and a French copy with the black sleeve but on blue vinyl.
  • ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 544
    I won't get essential but I have all of the different Sonic Highways album covers. Lol.
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    I bought this for collector purposes, but I've already got another greatest hits LP in the collection.
    Zod said:
    I bought this for collector purposes, but I've already got another greatest hits LP in the collection.
    Was surprised there was no colored exclusive somewhere to make it a little more desireable. Definitely one I'll just keep an eye on and pick up a when it drops low.  Don't even really feel I should have bought the 2 Rearviewmirror on vinyl since I have the original. Just feel compelled to buy this stuff even though I should really just use the money to buy an album I dont have. Think next year I might look at thinning down duplicates and stuff I don't know why I bought.
    FR181798 said:
    Zod said:
    Was surprised there was no colored exclusive somewhere to make it a little more desireable. Definitely one I'll just keep an eye on and pick up a when it drops low.  Don't even really feel I should have bought the 2 Rearviewmirror on vinyl since I have the original. Just feel compelled to buy this stuff even though I should really just use the money to buy an album I dont have. Think next year I might look at thinning down duplicates and stuff I don't know why I bought.

yah.  It's hard, I love music, but I also love collection, which has lead to buying duplicates.  Sometimes it makes sense, like the Led Zeppelin or Beatles reissues because my originals or old, worn, and 50 years old, but the new mixes on mint vinyl sound amazing.

Other times when it's a color vinyl.. do I really need that... lol.  At least I only do the double dipping for my favourite bands.
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    Hanukkah Sessions are back. Happy Hanukkah, everyone!
    there is such a sadness that permeates from him now (performing). glad he's able to perform here and there. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    edited December 2022
    GlowGirl said:
    Hanukkah Sessions are back. Happy Hanukkah, everyone!
    Thank you, love the Hanukkah sessions!!!
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    I am glad they are going to continue to play. What a massive loss though. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,639
    There was absolutely no doubt in my mind that they’d continue. Dave needs to be on stage. I’m glad they’ll continue, they’re no better way to honor Taylor. This loss still bums me the fuck out. 
    There was no doubt in my mind either.  I absolutely believed they'd at least make an attempt to figure out a way to keep going on.   Will go to a show whenever they get around to coming my way.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Maybe Dave sings and drums for the band. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Maybe Dave sings and drums for the band. 

I doubt it.  He likes being a front man and running around the stage.   I'm guesing they hire a touring drummer, and if the touring drummer really works out maybe they become permanent (like Matt Cameron when he stepped in to tour with PJ).
    yep. next record will have dave playing double duty. I'm guessing touring drummer too. maybe taylor's son as a guest here or there. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

yep. next record will have dave playing double duty. I'm guessing touring drummer too. maybe taylor's son as a guest here or there. 
    Think this will be the case. Its hard to imagine a drummer coming in and playing on the records.
    Being a ‘different’ band leaves much for interpretation right? I’m excited for however they decide to move forward together. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Amazing that its 27 years of Foo Fighters. Where has the time gone.

Taylor brought so much to the Foo Fighters, he was more than just a great drummer. Fantastic performer and always great to watch when he took lead vocals. Thought the message the band put out at the end of the year, although filled with sadness was quite a message of hope for the future. Will be interesting to see where the band go from here.

• CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,034
    Looks like they are playing Bonnaroo?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,421
    Festival closing set.....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    I still can't believe it's been over 25 years since my first Foo Fighters show.   Taylor Hawkins had only been in the band for a few months (and I remember thinking, isn't that guy I saw play with Alanis last summer?).   He brought an fantastic energy to the band (and I have amazing memories of the Taylor Hawkins / Dave Grohl drumoff they did on that tour).

Glad to see their trying to make a go of it.  Hopefully it works out.  I imagine it's not going to be easy to get back on the saddle, especially those first shows.
  • This was great.  Glad they finally got together.
    Zod said:
    I still can't believe it's been over 25 years since my first Foo Fighters show.   Taylor Hawkins had only been in the band for a few months (and I remember thinking, isn't that guy I saw play with Alanis last summer?).   He brought an fantastic energy to the band (and I have amazing memories of the Taylor Hawkins / Dave Grohl drumoff they did on that tour).

Glad to see their trying to make a go of it.  Hopefully it works out.  I imagine it's not going to be easy to get back on the saddle, especially those first shows.
    Saw them in '96 before Taylor joined. Taylor was playing on the same stage at the festival with Alanis Morissette, same day, only a slot or two apart from Foo Fighters.
    My wife saw them at The Big Day Out in 1999 (?) and said it was one of the best shows she's seen. I wish I'd made an effort to see them when they played close. My Aunt Sara's sister was close with Taylor and they would always get on his guest list in STL when they played, I turned down the chance some years ago and still regret it! 
    www.cluthelee.com