Important Information Regarding Your Ten Club Membership

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 9,942
    JimmyV said:
    I imagine the lion's share of membership dues goes to 10c operating costs. Unlikely the band is seeing many of those dollars. Their money is coming from the merch. 
    As I work in finance I wonder about this too.  Because the lines are blurred between 10c and the band.  Most of the band fan clubs are separate from the day to day operations, but 10c seems to pretty much handle everything PJ related, so it's more than a fan club.   If our dues pay to operate the 10c are we self sourcing the bands entire operation?  Most bands would fund that through merch they sell online and other revenues.

Maybe dues only cover part of the operation and some does get allocation from online merch sales to it... but I have always wondered, because 10c handles more than just the 10c side of Pearl Jam.
  • allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 798
    JimmyV said:
    I imagine the lion's share of membership dues goes to 10c operating costs. Unlikely the band is seeing many of those dollars. Their money is coming from the merch. 
    There is a flip side to that though. Even without the membership fees, having a list of your most hardcore fans, along with their addresses, their ticket and merch buying habits, and how far they will travel to see a show is incredibly valuable. There is a reason that just about every grocery store has a frequent shopper card that gives you discounts for free. So not only is the band getting, a now increased, membership fee from members, but they also get a bunch of valuable data.
    This is exactly right. And they are looking at that data and saying - hey these peoples are suckers and content paying us for no real benefits, and we can increase the price this much and still retain the majority of them. It’s shitty business practice from a band that once preached from a moral high ground about putting the fans first. Clear that is not what is happening here.
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK.
    09 -Spectrum II,III,IV.
    10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II
    11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo)
    12- Made in America Festival
    13- Oakland
    14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II
    17- eV Ohana
    18- Seattle I, II
    21- SHN
    22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden 

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Honestly surprised so many of you were digital. I have been since the split to two tiers, but I always got the sense most on here were analog. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 798
    JimmyV said:
    Honestly surprised so many of you were digital. I have been since the split to two tiers, but I always got the sense most on here were analog. 
    I never saw the benefit of Analog. They got so lazy with the shirts and magazine production those have no value to me.
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK.
    09 -Spectrum II,III,IV.
    10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II
    11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo)
    12- Made in America Festival
    13- Oakland
    14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II
    17- eV Ohana
    18- Seattle I, II
    21- SHN
    22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden 

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    JimmyV said:
    Once the singles were done, I switched.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    JimmyV said:
    I never saw the benefit of Analog. They got so lazy with the shirts and magazine production those have no value to me.
    I kept Analog, and I just order the shirts in the smallest sizes so my 11 year old daughter can wear them. 

However, She is all of 60 lbs, and has been wearing a Women's large tour shirt from a mystery box for a few years, which fits her because the women's shirts are so poorly sized. 
  • brianlux said:
    Are you allowed to gift others the $10 bootleg code? I have no use for it. And I’m not a fan at all of the price increase. If I wanted the other stuff, I would just buy it on my own

I don't believe so.

You really have limited options here:
    1) Give someone your 10C password.

2) Download the show for them and then send them a copy, which is technically against the rules since we're not supposed to trade shows which are for sale.

3) Eat the code and do nothing.

4) Other

Would be cool if 10 would send us bootleg cards.  I don't do downloads, or flac (and only CDs when something I want is not on vinyl), but if I they were to send download cards I would give them to friends who cared.

There ya go. Send the code via email.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 662
    The bottom line is if you want to have a chance to see PJ live with a decent seat or GA ticket a 10c membership is still the best option even at the new pricing. Unless it appears if you live in Australia, unfortunately you guys are getting hosed and trust me the band doesn't care.
    At this point it is all green disease.
    I get it the lottery sucks, ticket prices are getting stupid and the band plays fewer shows now and they are shorter sets. However it's not going get any better. Every year benefits get taken away but if you want to see this band it is what it is. For some it may make sense just to pay scalper prices for a specific show in your town and be done with it. Hopefully the price increase will keep some of the scalpers out of the ticket lottery but I doubt it. As long as it makes sense for me I will continue to maintain my membership but everyone has their own reality and should act accordingly but don't expect the band to be concerned about your issues with the new policies as shitty as they are.
    4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin
  • PJINFLA said:
    The bottom line is if you want to have a chance to see PJ live with a decent seat or GA ticket a 10c membership is still the best option even at the new pricing. Unless it appears if you live in Australia, unfortunately you guys are getting hosed and trust me the band doesn't care.
    I get it the lottery sucks, ticket prices are getting stupid and the band plays fewer shows now and they are shorter sets. However it's not going get any better. Every year benefits get taken away but if you want to see this band it is what it is. For some it may make sense just to pay scalper prices for a specific show in your town and be done with it. Hopefully the price increase will keep some of the scalpers out of the ticket lottery but I doubt it. As long as it makes sense for me I will continue to maintain my membership but everyone has their own reality and should act accordingly but don't expect the band to be concerned about your issues with the new policies as shitty as they are.
    Like other Aussies comments I’m finding it difficult to justify continuing membership now (have been Analog) especially since I’ve retired.

However I do love to support PJ so will wait until their next tour here (if any) which I’m sure will be their final one here, to see if I do indeed get a decent seat. In 4 PJ & EV gigs here only 2 were seated and had shit seats. Ironically the best seats I had were in St. Louis in ‘14 when I had my vacation already booked!! 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited December 2022
    mfc2006 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Once the singles were done, I was angry at my self for not having it in me to ever switch.

(with how expensive it all got with custom charges and stuff on everything sent)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765

This is like PJ's version of the Jelly of the Month Club 

It’s the gift that keeps on giving 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    brianlux said:
    Are you allowed to gift others the $10 bootleg code? I have no use for it. And I’m not a fan at all of the price increase. If I wanted the other stuff, I would just buy it on my own

I don't believe so.

You really have limited options here:
    1) Give someone your 10C password.

2) Download the show for them and then send them a copy, which is technically against the rules since we're not supposed to trade shows which are for sale.

3) Eat the code and do nothing.

4) Other

Would be cool if 10 would send us bootleg cards.  I don't do downloads, or flac (and only CDs when something I want is not on vinyl), but if I they were to send download cards I would give them to friends who cared.

There ya go. Send the code via email.

Ya!  Even better!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• noahmnoahm Posts: 19
    I was strongly considering ending my membership even at the $20 annual fee before this announcement; but the cost increase from $20 to $35 USD has pushed me over the edge and I will not renew.

It's a shame giving up the seniority of a 113XXX membership number; but at least the folks behind me get to move up a bit more at seated shows. 
  • NiktoNikto Melbourne, Australia Posts: 132
    PJINFLA said:
    Like other Aussies comments I’m finding it difficult to justify continuing membership now (have been Analog) especially since I’ve retired.

However I do love to support PJ so will wait until their next tour here (if any) which I’m sure will be their final one here, to see if I do indeed get a decent seat. In 4 PJ & EV gigs here only 2 were seated and had shit seats. Ironically the best seats I had were in St. Louis in ‘14 when I had my vacation already booked!! 

The best seats I got through the 10c was in Melbourne in 2006 which was 3rd row center.  But the two Ed tours here and the next 2 PJ tours I just got tickets through the ticketmaster/ticketek pre-sale things.

I am still not going to cancel my membership, but I am not sure the seniority will matter moving forward.

I am just hopeful of another Australian tour, I am going to do my best to go to as many shows around the country I can.
    Melbourne: March 17 1995, March 18 1995, March 2 1998, February 18 2003, November 13 2006, November 20 2009, January 24 2014
    Ed Solo
    Melbourne: March 24 2011, February 16 2014
  • Nikto said:
    PJINFLA said:

The best seats I got through the 10c was in Melbourne in 2006 which was 3rd row center.  But the two Ed tours here and the next 2 PJ tours I just got tickets through the ticketmaster/ticketek pre-sale things.

I am still not going to cancel my membership, but I am not sure the seniority will matter moving forward.

I am just hopeful of another Australian tour, I am going to do my best to go to as many shows around the country I can.

For Australian fans, the seniority probably won't matter much, if at all.

For USA fans, it'll continue to matter...unless those fans get lucky in Fan2Fan.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • My 10c renewal fees went through today. $68.48 Canadian.  I spent  more than that on a tray of shooters for the team at the staff Xmas party in Winnipeg last night. 
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,269
    new membership is amazing NOT
    vinyl not no more
    deep magazine not more 
    t shirt not more 
    im sorry but how downhill has the 10c become i know times have changed but fuck me its poor 
    danny d
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Damn never realized that from $20 to 35 would mind fuck so many people! I’ve never been a collector as a matter of fact I’ve left a bunch of bootleg codes unused, I’m in it for the tickets only and won’t cancel after all these years  
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    mfc2006 said:
    JimmyV said:
    I'll still pay.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,330

• KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,033
    I wouldn’t pay extra for the shirt. I had all my old ones turned into a quilt because….who would wear them?
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,330
    KM73780 said:
    I wouldn’t pay extra for the shirt. I had all my old ones turned into a quilt because….who would wear them?

I wear them. The white analog one was my least favorite one. 
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    demetrios said:
    KM73780 said:

I wear them. The white analog one was my least favorite one. 
    I wear them.  The white analog one was my favorite.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Thanks for thinking about the euro store.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    The member shirt is the best one to date
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    edited December 2022
    So prices go up and we don’t get anything other than the same bootleg code?

Lame $50 Canadian and still have to pay for member items that should be included as a member 🤦‍♂️

How can costs go up when we really get nothing in return.
    Post edited by RobbyD462 on
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• AmantriaAmantria Posts: 361
    MayDay10 said:
    The member shirt is the best one to date
    Agreed.  Guess they stepped up the designs a bit since it's now a pay extra item.   Honestly I loved the singles.  They got axed.  I liked the shirts and actually wore them.  They got the boot too.   I've never once used a digital code from my membership. $5 or whatever cheaper from now on, but I get virtually nothing.   I haven't gotten a ticket in a decade.   I'm a bit salty about the changes.
    Its good to be back!!
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    edited December 2022
    I thought that additional email was going to be about price rise and how it was necessary to keep 10c going. Member shirt is one of the best if not the best yet. I quite like the 10c yellow logo one. I want to say that was around 2016. I'm sure people will like the license plates, I just can't justify any of these with postage to the UK and sales tax.

• ParksyParksy Posts: 1,675
    For clarification... and correct me if I'm wrong here... but we used to pay into a membership and get:

Priority Ticketing (no additional cost to 10C)
    45" Vinyl (Additional Cost to 10C)
    Physical magazine (Additional Cost to 10C)
    T-Shirt (Additional Cost to 10C)
    Bootleg code (no additional cost to 10C) 

Now we get:

Priority Ticketing 
    Bootleg code 

So.... why not lower the membership fee to a more reasonable level if they're cutting a lot of their operational costs? 

And also... I could be in the minority here... but over the past 5-6 years... the value of a bootleg code has diminished substantially. Streaming and physical media are my only means of listening to music nowadays. I have a library of mp3s that I never see or use anymore. 

(Side Note:  If any of you are aware of a neat app or something that let's you upload mp3s onto a modern smart phone, let me know!) 

As a suggestion.... It would be nice to see if they can find a way to add more value:

Offer free or "steeply discounted" XM Sirius PJ Radio instead of website PJ Radio. Or provide us somehow with access to the exclusive interviews and shows from PJ Radio on Sirius XM. 

Offer free commemorative tickets. 

Just a couple ideas. 

And I mean.. my usage of the word 'free' here isn't exactly accurate... we're all still paying $35USD. 

The jury is out on what kind of value the exclusive videos will hold... and I'm not discounting that yet. Could be very worth the cost... but we shall see. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx