The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    edited September 2022
    Today may not be Saturday but it CERTAINLY is sunless here in South Florida. 

FISHBONE......

https://youtu.be/0B61XAN2Ujw

SUNLESS SATURDAY 
    ✌️

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

It's a gloomy rainy day here in South Florida and I'm remembering Jaun Nelson. The former bass player for Ben Harper. I ran into him and Leon Mobley b4 a concert in DC at the Warner Theatre 09'. May Jaun the big guy rest in ✌️.

Here's FORGIVEN ....BHIC

https://youtu.be/9IgNZfe2trk
    ✌️
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    Just a few days ago at a Willie Nelson music festival, in  Saratoga New York,  a talented bluegrass band performed 
    IN HIDING. bluegrass style!
    INot bad!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    RYME said:
    Just a few days ago at a Willie Nelson music festival, in  Saratoga New York,  a talented bluegrass band performed 
    IN HIDING. bluegrass style!
    INot bad!

Hey, terrific!  :smiley:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Well apparently lots of PJ fans already knew about Billy Strings. 
    &  He is
    Performing at Ohana.  So awsome, Jack White Billy Strings & EV on tbe same stage.
    https://youtu.be/fGOKz37IAAE
    Friday night lounge car.
    Take it away Tyler!!
    Hurricane Ian came and took away our humidity, much more and now it's the first day of OCTOBER.

U2.....

https://youtu.be/Vvg7fdCDxqc

OCTOBER
    ✌️

I think this song is a love ❤️ song from a local South Florida band that is no more called SECERT FRENCH KISSING SOCIETY and their album FIRST BLOOD. The album is solid from beginning to end, shocked they were on Spotify. 

https://youtu.be/wHxGlJvzLkk

CHURCH ON SUNDAYS
    ✌️

I thought this was pretty cool, from Tallinn, Estonia. From their album New Beginning and the song.....

Beyond The Horizon 

https://fb.watch/g35aoRUrzN/

✌️

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    edited October 2022
    At THE WHO.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    At THE WHO.

Who?

:lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    At THE WHO.

Who?

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    At THE WHO.

Who?

Alriiiiiiiight!  Tell us more, tell us more!!!  :smiley:

⬆️. Haven't seen this since it aired on CBS 20 years ago.   Just stumbled on it 2 weeks ago. What a nice surprise. 
    A really great performance by the king of pop!
    I showed this to my kids. 17, 14 & 8.  Now all 3 have been listening to Michael Jackson for the past few weeks.  Its like all fresh again!!
    Cheers
    https://youtu.be/2TBQY_Fpcdg
    One more for good luck. 
    🙂
    RYME said:
    One more for good luck. 
    🙂

The kid had the moves!
    RYME, where you been? 

brianlux said:
    RYME said:
    One more for good luck. 
    🙂

The kid had the moves!
    RYME, where you been? 
    Just been staying off of social media forthe most part. .   But I thought there's probably a few people here that would enjoy some old-school Michael Jackson. 

Thriller cassette tape album was the first non kids music I got when I was about 3rd or 4th grade.  The first few times I asked my mom for it she said no.
    But there used to be a liquor store in our
    "small town" she used to drag me into once a week or so.  The only reason I liked the store was because they had a crackers and cheese tasting table next to the wine isle. I was about 8. So I'd just stand there and eat crackers while she picked up hers and my dad's booze for the week.  And one day at the checkout,  there was a basket of cassette tapes sitting there, and there it was,  Thriller!! I picked it up and plunked it by the booze and she bought it. 👍 I loved that tape and wore it out, got another one,  then the LP.  Then it was so exciting whe BAD came out, and have been a big fan.  My kids like it now too.  Starting playing it for my 8 year old & he really likes it.  That's what rebooted my interest lately.  Now my daughters are all into it as well.  So it's been on high rotation for us lately and it's been great. 
    My 8yr old son trying to do the moon walk in his socks on the linoleum kitchen floor is  Hilarious he tries to spin and land in his tippitoes that doesn't work too well. He say wow that is hard to do!! And ouch.
    Good stuff!!
    Have a great holiday season Brian and Friends!!

Went to PJs concert at Louisville Burbon and Beyond  fest in September,   the band has improved quite a bit since the last time I saw them a few years ago.  Actually Wriggly 2016 was the last time I saw them.   So it's been 6 yrs.  They seemed much  happier,  and more relaxed,  and thrilled to be playing infront of happy crowds again.  I think they really honed in their music skills and talents during the two year covid shutdowns. 
    Mike McCready was just in the stratosphere the entire time, I think he added a few more dimensions to his guitar playing arsenal hard to explain.  The band sounded even tighter than before, and looser, and I really think a few years off really helped Eddie's voice recover a bit.  Sounded more like the early albums if you know what I mean. 
    Looking forward to see what they do in 23.
    RYME said:
    brianlux said:
    RYME said:
    One more for good luck. 
    🙂

The kid had the moves!
    RYME, where you been? 
    Just been staying off of social media forthe most part. .   But I thought there's probably a few people here that would enjoy some old-school Michael Jackson. 

Thriller cassette tape album was the first non kids music I got when I was about 3rd or 4th grade.  The first few times I asked my mom for it she said no.
    But there used to be a liquor store in our
    "small town" she used to drag me into once a week or so.  The only reason I liked the store was because they had a crackers and cheese tasting table next to the wine isle. I was about 8. So I'd just stand there and eat crackers while she picked up hers and my dad's booze for the week.  And one day at the checkout,  there was a basket of cassette tapes sitting there, and there it was,  Thriller!! I picked it up and plunked it by the booze and she bought it. 👍 I loved that tape and wore it out, got another one,  then the LP.  Then it was so exciting whe BAD came out, and have been a big fan.  My kids like it now too.  Starting playing it for my 8 year old & he really likes it.  That's what rebooted my interest lately.  Now my daughters are all into it as well.  So it's been on high rotation for us lately and it's been great. 
    My 8yr old son trying to do the moon walk in his socks on the linoleum kitchen floor is  Hilarious he tries to spin and land in his tippitoes that doesn't work too well. He say wow that is hard to do!! And ouch.
    Good stuff!!
    Have a great holiday season Brian and Friends!!

I was never a huge MJ fan, but did like some of his stuff a lot.  But those moves, man those moves!  Really cool!
    You have a good holiday season too, RYME.
    Same to all!

• MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Here's to politicians.

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    Posting songs here is cool, but what I mostly like about the lounge car is, a) the coffee, especially on a morning like this living here in unusually mega rain-saturated California, and b)  even more than the coffee, it's a good place to just hang out and kick back at times like this when AMT seems to have gone rather wonky.  All the fussing and fighting... I mean, yeah, in a way I get it.  We live in a world of controversy.  But sometimes it's great just to chill.  So that's what I'll be doing for a while- drinking coffee, chilling, listing to some great tunes.  Hope to see some friendly faces here.
    Cheers!

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    brianlux said:
    Posting songs here is cool, but what I mostly like about the lounge car is, a) the coffee, especially on a morning like this living here in unusually mega rain-saturated California, and b)  even more than the coffee, it's a good place to just hang out and kick back at times like this when AMT seems to have gone rather wonky.  All the fussing and fighting... I mean, yeah, in a way I get it.  We live in a world of controversy.  But sometimes it's great just to chill.  So that's what I'll be doing for a while- drinking coffee, chilling, listing to some great tunes.  Hope to see some friendly faces here.
    Cheers!

It’s ironic to me because I used to read another bands politics forum, and AMT is 100% more tame in comparison, despite it getting a little choppy earlier today. Hope the rain ends soon!
    brianlux said:
    Cheers!

It’s ironic to me because I used to read another bands politics forum, and AMT is 100% more tame in comparison, despite it getting a little choppy earlier today. Hope the rain ends soon!

It's also ironic of me to have mentioned AMT being "wonky" (choppy is a good word as well) because my intent here in the lounge is just to chill and have at least one thread in this forum section that is, well, like they said on Who Sell Out-

It smooooooth sailing with the highly successful sound of wonderful radio london!

Thanks for good thought regarding the rain.  I use weatherunderground.com which is the most accurate weather site I've found in out area and yet this weather has been so crazy, even that site is having a hard time getting it right.  We went down to the walking trail around 3:30 this afternoon because it was looking like we'd get a break.  We came home home soaked and now our clothes are draped all over the drying rack, lol.  Nice try, haha!  But it does look like we may get a much needed break tomorrow.  Hooray!

brianlux said:
    Cheers!
    The Lounge Car is my favorite thread here.
    Got a light Brianlux?
    I hope we can meet someday and have a good cup of coffee or spirits and share a light, and chill.  We differ in many ways.  But I know your a good guy.
    RYME said:
    brianlux said:
    Cheers!
    The Lounge Car is my favorite thread here.
    Got a light Brianlux?

Just the flickering bulb in my head, RHME (I gave up smoking of all kinds), but nice to see you here.  Cheers!

RYME said:
    I hope we can meet someday and have a good cup of coffee or spirits and share a light, and chill.  We differ in many ways.  But I know your a good guy.
    By this I mean if we show up at the same concert somewhere someday,  it'd be fun to shoot the shit.
    Check out Nothing Lasts (Live) by The STEVE MILLER BAND on Amazon Music
    Couldn't find a u tube of this.  So there it is rolling down the tracks