Important Information Regarding Your Ten Club Membership

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
edited December 2022 in The Porch

Updated 12.21.22
Important Information Regarding Your Ten Club Membership
News December 21 2022

New Year, New Ten Club Membership Plan!

Beginning January 1, 2023, Ten Club will only offer one paid membership level. 

The updated membership includes many of the current benefits plus some new ones (see below for the full list). Current Analog and Digital memberships will automatically convert upon renewal in 2023.  

Ten Club Paid Membership Account - $35 USD (plus applicable sales taxes)

$5 from every membership supports Pearl Jam’s Vitalogy Foundation.

Ten Club Membership Benefits:

• Priority Ticketing - Ten Club holds the best tickets in the house for members-only presale opportunities and rewards longtime fans for their dedication with seniority-based seating. Ten Club strives to continually improve upon its ticketing program to ensure that fan club members have access to the most tickets possible per show. 
  • Video Content (NEW) - Exclusive access to video content in the “Inside” section of the video page. 
  • Bootleg Download - Your choice of a free MP3 or $10.00 off of any other digital format of a live concert recording.
  • Full Website Access - Includes access to exclusive members-only sections.
  • Membership Items (NEW) - Specially priced members-only annual merchandise items. All members will be able to select and purchase their items at a steeply discounted price. 
  • Exclusive Merchandise - Access to limited edition posters, vinyl, shirts, and all kinds of goodies only available to Ten Club members. 
  • Merchandise Discount Events - Discounts and exclusive offers in the Pearl Jam shop. 
  • Forums - Posting privilege in the Pearl Jam forum community. 
  • Monthly Email Newsletter - Updates about the band, releases, tours, contests, merchandise, activism and more, sent on the 10th of every month.
  • Contest Eligibility - Monthly newsletter contests with prizes.
  • Ten Club Radio - Exclusive access to Ten Club Radio right on our website. 

Why is Ten Club changing the membership?

This is the first Ten Club change in membership levels or fees since 2011. The music world has changed significantly in that time as have people’s interests and environmental and financial costs. Our goal is to make the membership offering simple and accessible for everyone while delivering the most benefit to Ten Club members. We are continuing to focus on maximizing our ticket offering to the Ten Club and delivering the most relevant and exclusive benefits. 

What does the new model mean for current Analog and Digital members? 

All current Analog and Digital members will maintain their membership status and paid benefits until their 2023 renewal date, at which point the new level will be effective. All paid members are eligible for the perks offered in the new membership level as of January 1, 2023. 

Note: DEEP magazine will be discontinued at the end of 2022. 2020-2022 members will receive the applicable DEEP magazines when they are available.

My membership hasn’t renewed yet, when will I switch to the new level?

The new membership level will go into effect on your renewal date in 2023. 

Will my Ten Club seniority be changed or eliminated?

This change has no effect on your membership seniority status. 

Is there anything new offered with the change in levels?

Membership Items - Ten Club will offer members-only annual merchandise at discounted prices. Merchandise will be available in January 2023 for all current paid members regardless of your renewal date. 

Video Content - Exclusive access to video content in the “Inside” section of the video page. 

New for previously digital members - All members will receive a bootleg download code upon renewal for one free digital MP3 download of a Pearl Jam bootleg of choice. 

We have seen the feedback from the 2023 membership change announcement and are able to answer some of the commonly asked questions.  

Will the Ten Club Member items be in the European shop? 

We have seen the feedback regarding the Ten Club member items being in the UK store. We are working with our UK store partners to better serve Ten Club members outside of the U.S.

Will my membership auto-renew? 

Yes, as long as your billing info is up to date, your membership will still auto-renew with the same payment information in your account. The new membership offering will take effect upon your 2023 renewal date. You can see your renewal date on your membership page in your account. Your Ten Club seniority level will NOT be affected upon your next renewal date. 

Are the annual member shirts going away?

Annual member-item T-shirts are staying. Moving forward, the shirt will not be included with the price of the membership but will be available for purchase exclusively for Ten Club members at a specially discounted price. 

*Beginning in 2023 all current members will be eligible to purchase any of that years’ exclusive items. They can be purchased individually or as a discounted bundle. 

*Note: Member items will be available all year to current members regardless of renewal date. Even if your membership doesn’t renew until later in the year, you can purchase the new member items beginning January 1, 2023. 

1) Annual Ten Club T-Shirt - $15.00

2) Ten Club License Plate - $15.00

3) Ten Club Sticker - $1.00

4) Ten Club Member item Bundle - $20.00

Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 662
    Boooo
    4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Am I remembering wrong that the digital membership last year was only $20?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• A change!?!?!? Nooooooo!
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    This is fine. My membership increases $15 in price, but I get $10 to use when buying boots. Everything is all good as long as they keep touring and playing shows. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    I am an analog member, so I am all for this since they discontinued the annual single. But, I can see how some digital members may not be as happy paying more money.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    JimmyV said:
    This is fine. My membership increases $15 in price, but I get $10 to use when buying boots. Everything is all good as long as they keep touring and playing shows. 

For those of us who don't buy more stuff and don't do downloads is simply another case of high inflation and the only choice is to pay up or quit. 
    Hmmm.  Maybe time to say adios. 
    This sucks.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux said:
    Am I remembering wrong that the digital membership last year was only $20?
    It was.

But now everyone pays $35 and gets everything.

No more DEEP magazine, but video content.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • RK89449RK89449 Chicago, IL Posts: 27
    edited December 2022
    So no more Analog member tees? That stinks. Have a nice collection of those.
    Post edited by RK89449 on
  • sr-71sr-71 Posts: 57
    What ist going on for 2023?
    Does everybody get a payrise of 75%?

• So no more Analog Tees. Also, I’ve yet to score tix in Ten Club presales so what’s the point? I was already considering canceling and this pretty much confirms that I should.
  • Come on Dudes, trink about it.

35 $
    5 $ for Vitalogy
    10 $ for Download 

20 $ a year is more than ok. A year!!!!
    I am an Analoge member.
    If the annual T-Shirt will cost 20-30 $ in future everything will be alright. 

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Love to be member of 10c..i would renew my membership always..the band and the fans gave more than membership cost all those years
    also,the main benefit isstill  there.10c tickets..which is the best..rest are just stuff 
    Thanks Sea 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Love to be member of 10c..i would renew my membership always..the band and the fans gave more than membership cost all those years
    also,the main benefit isstill  there.10c tickets..which is the best..rest are just stuff 
    Thanks Sea 
    Agreed
  • So I have a t-shirt code I was waiting for the new one (2023). I should cash this in prior to Jan 1st? This is the only part I don't like.....
    Moffat12 said:
    So I have a t-shirt code I was waiting for the new one (2023). I should cash this in prior to Jan 1st? This is the only part I don't like.....
     the code u have is for 2022 shirt ..u cant keep it to use it for 2023 shirt anyway(if there was a 2023 with old system )
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Nobody likes price increases, but the analog membership needed to be addressed with both the single and now DEEP gone. Lowering that price while increasing digital, tossing in some new benefits for those paying more, and eliminating the tiers makes sense. 

• sr-71 said:

Well you're getting a bootleg with it which has a market value of $10 which puts the membership allocation at $25. 

Then membership fees haven't increased since 2011.

$20 in 2011 is worth $26.50 today. So in comparison you're saving $1.50 on the deal.
    sr-71 said:

Well you're getting a bootleg with it which has a market value of $10 which puts the membership allocation at $25. 

Then membership fees haven't increased since 2011.

$20 in 2011 is worth $26.50 today. So in comparison you're saving $1.50 on the deal.
     i always loved math..well done 
    If they brainstormed ideas, I'd be stunned if no one at least suggested restricting the ticket benefit into a higher premium level of membership. I'm glad they didn't go down that road. 

for international analog members actually is  more the cost .
    Cos let's say u buy a membership item shirt for special price of 15 dollars. That means 35 membership +15 shirt.. This is 50 as u paid before with no deep magazine and single vinyl.. Now add to that to international. Shipping for the shirt..another 15$?total 65.
    So for the same thing with out deep. Magazine u will pay 15$ more(plus more taxes cos the shirt isnt for free anymore )
  • sr-71sr-71 Posts: 57
    Everyday there a more Bad News,all the costs going up,but the wages remain nearly the same.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    No issues here. I only have it for tickets anyway. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Greg354xxxGreg354xxx Toowoomba, QLD, Australia Posts: 76
    As an Australian fan who originally joined for a) the seniority based perks for tickets and b) the now discontinued annual vinyl - given we've had just 3 headline tours here in the last 20 years, it's hard to justify staying. 35USD = approx 51AUD today 
    Brisbane: 14/03/98, 08/02/03, 10/11/06, 25/11/09
    Gold Coast: 19/01/14
    Ed solo: 12/03/11, 25/02/14
  • This is a 75% increase for most people at a time when a lot of folks are struggling.  I’m likely to keep it anyway but it’s a pretty tone deaf move.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • This is a 75% increase for most people at a time when a lot of folks are struggling.  I’m likely to keep it anyway but it’s a pretty tone deaf move.  
    Maybe if this was gas/food/utility/medicine.

But a fanclub membership? Cmon.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    edited December 2022
    Finding $35 a bit much for what I get out of it personally since I've never used 10c for tickets and didn't use half of the download codes I got previously. Happy with the $5 for the Vitalogy Foundation, would maybe even like to see more go to it. The fanclub 7 is the main thing that kept me subscribing each year. I'll still pay though as you never know what exclusive vinyl might be released.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    Thanks Sea 
    I agree. I had so much fun on this last tour and that would not have happened without 10C.

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Previously did we only ever get bootleg codes as Analog members?
  • LizJLizJ Posts: 334
    for international analog members actually is  more the cost .
    Cos let's say u buy a membership item shirt for special price of 15 dollars. That means 35 membership +15 shirt.. This is 50 as u paid before with no deep magazine and single vinyl.. Now add to that to international. Shipping for the shirt..another 15$?total 65.
    So for the same thing with out deep. Magazine u will pay 15$ more(plus more taxes cos the shirt isnt for free anymore )
    This.
    I liked the shirts but not sure if I would pay extra for them plus shipping.
    FR181798 said:
    Previously did we only ever get bootleg codes as Analog members?
     yes..we always got code